Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (54616 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / From Christian To Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Antina(f): 11:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
ajisebioyo1:
Not until recently, salah ram is not meant for eating. Even in mecca they killed and leave the ram on the spot where they killed it, then the less privileged may take from it if they like. I'm my own view salah ram's blood is meant for sacrifice and not for eating. Although I used to eat it, but now I can only eat food from my Muslim friends on eid fitrik. Conclusively rams killing in eid kabir is not for celebration but for sacrifice

There is one thing u really do not understand by leaving their rams after slaughtering, its just that when each of them kill a ram, they can never finish the ram alone, moreover, they are still going to eat ram meat when they get to their hostels, so why will they carry a whole ram to themselves?

ajisebioyo1:

Neverthelss, if it is for celebration why can't rich people go for big cows for the celebration?. My opinion

We no rich ooo, but then come to my house and see 'big' cow. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by greatwhite(m): 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
abatisegun:
says the Bible or who?

Read 1corintians 8. You can Google it if you don't have a bible. It would give you detailed info on why a christian must not eat it.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by cococandy(f): 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
Food Is Food
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by greatwhite(m): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

You have clearly misunderstood 1st corinthians 8.

The knowledge of Christ being the eternal sacrifice is yours to have as a believer but to the unbeliever it is foolishness. You already serve God and recognize Him so why would you reject meals from people even when it was supposedly offered to other idols? If you do reject them this means you have acknowledged those idols and not God the one you know whom the earth belongs to and the fullness thereof.

I suggest you sit down and read 1st corinthians 8 again but this time also read Romans 14 vs 1-4 and 1st corinthians 10 vs 23-33

Ok
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Bjergtrolde: 11:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
Tpave:
Just asking cos somebody asked me this question this morning and I decided to bring it to the forum.

Yes!
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by deen4real7902: 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

Hypocrite, read the VS 36 before VS 37
Quran 22: VS 36 and 37
VS 36: And the camels and cattle We have appointed for you as among the symbols of Allah ; for you therein is good. So mention the name of Allah upon them when lined up [for sacrifice]; and when they are [lifeless] on their sides, then eat from them and feed the needy and the beggar. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may be grateful.

VS 37 Their meat will not reach Allah , nor will their blood, but what reaches Him is piety from you. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and give good tidings to the doers of good.

Their meat will not reach Allah , nor will their blood, but what reaches Him is piety from you. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and give good tidings to the doers of good [Quran 22: 37]
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Kakamorufu(m): 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.
you can lie oooo

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by JFT24(m): 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2016

uhmmmm, the Christians of today are worst compared to their predecessor. ehen, Christians are referring to Allah as idol? subhanalillahi, even saying we offer our rams to "Satan" lanatulah alayhi.
you guys are deplorable. you pig and dog eater people.
you people who piss without washing Ya genitals.
you people who defecate and use paper to clean.
you people that don't know what God to serve 'Trinity? '.

chai, you guys are unbelievable. If not for God, you guys are supposed to be kept in isolation very far away from Islam.
didn't you guys even know that Christianity is a controversial religion? ask your thrift collector at your church

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Chukazu: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
just continue ok. Read Deut 30: 15-18 and see what you've been doing to yourself. Lolsss My people perish for lack of knowledge

don't just quote, read it and explain it.

are you saying if you you visit a Muslim, and he offers you food, regardless of sallah or no,you wouldn't east just based on religion?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by deen4real7902: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
hanity:

Thanks for that Bro

VS 36: And the camels and cattle We have appointed for you as among the symbols of Allah ; for you therein is good. So mention the name of Allah upon them when lined up [for sacrifice]; and when they are [lifeless] on their sides, then eat from them and feed the needy and the beggar. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may be grateful.

VS 37 Their meat will not reach Allah , nor will their blood, but what reaches Him is piety from you. Thus have We subjected them to you that you may glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and give good tidings to the doers of good.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by allytinted: 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
They don't eat it dear. They prepare it for the general public and reserve a separate ram for themselves. I have seen that myself several times.
What Exactly Do You Gain By Dishing Out Wrong Information To The Public? People Like You Are The Reason Why Religious Intolerance Will Continue To Prevail In Our Society By Saying What You Have Little Or No Knowledge Of. SMH

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Alajiki(m): 11:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:

Lol! The yeebohs and hawusas are the same. Thank God for where I come from. The flat*heads and their kinsmen hate anything having to do with the abokis and vice versa.

By your warped sense of reasoning, it shows clearly you do not have any information about that annual celebration. Kill separate ram for themselves? Really? What of those who kill only one (and they are in the majority)? I weep for the future of this country if people like you are its contents.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by aribisala0(m): 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
Virtually All the beef sold in Nigeria is slaughtered according to Islamic rites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ajisebioyo1(m): 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
Muslims claim they eat with Christians during Christmas, while Christians also claim it is good to eat with Muslim's during salah. But the fact I want us ( Christians) to understand is that the motive behind the killing of rams during salah is totally different from killing chickens or cows at Christmas. Christmas is just for celebration which is not even biblical, as a Christian, you can kill anything or even buy processed foods for Xmas celebration, also it is not enforced on Christians neither there is attached blessings to dinning with friends during Xmas. But in Islam killing of ram is compulsory. However killing of ram is believed to wipe away sins and to seek for Allah's mercy. Then why eating such meat. For me I can't eat salah's ram but I can eat with them in other festivals
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by olaomoola1(m): 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
just continue ok. Read Deut 30: 15-18 and see what you've been doing to yourself. Lolsss My people perish for lack of knowledge
I guess u don't understand that passage?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by omosuper(m): 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Godsate:
It is wrong.

The question you must ask youself are the following:

1. Are they killing the Ram as sacrifice to God the father of our Lord Jesus Christ?

2. Did they mention the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy spirit when killing the ram?

3. The prayer during and after the killing of the ram is it in the name of Jesus Christ ?

If all these answers are no then the meat is not for the children of God.

Every true born again children of God with holy spirit in him knows that it's wrong to eat the meat.

Jesus is Lord.

No, we neither make mention of Jesus nor Mohammad. Not even Abraham who's the source of this festival but the name of the true God,the creator.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by LuckyLadolce(m): 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
spice123:
I want to copy seun himself and tell you that you are just a dumbbell. Wallahi!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by spice123(m): 11:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
JFT24:

uhmmmm, the Christians of today are worst compared to their predecessor. ehen, Christians are referring to Allah as idol? subhanalillahi, even saying we offer our rams to "Satan" lanatulah alayhi.

chai, you guys are unbelievable. If not for God, you guys are supposed to be kept in isolation very far away from Islam.
didn't you guys even know that Christianity is a controversial religion? ask your thrift collector at your church
Religion of peace indeed! Bombing and killing innocent souls all over the world and Nigeria in particular. We shall hear of bombings tomorrow in any part of the world as usual. I have tried to ignore all these antics and intrigues but to no avail. Mention 1 muslim country in the world that has peace without life being threatened?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by kayabd(m): 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dis Christians self,am just tired of dem...dey ve been saying trash since as if dey worship God... I think d mods shud look into Dis,its getting far

now I know Hw much dey hate muslim...if Dis country shud start religious war,d Christians shud b blamed

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Chukazu: 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
food for thought...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ajisebioyo1(m): 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Antina:

Then come to my house and see 'big' cow. cheesy
Ma, no Muslim can kill cow during salah. If they did, it was to ensure sufficient meat. Then the ram must be killed first for salah. I can eat the cow if I can differentiate it from the ram's meat
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by hacmond(m): 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
[q1uote author=circuit101 post=49246977]confused set of people.[/quote]

You Gorrit grin
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by aribisala0(m): 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
JFT24:

Both religions are controversial none is better than the other . They are both based on delusions. You reason like aretard. So what if people eat pigs and dogs and you don't ? You are better because of what you eat?
You are better because of how you wipe or clean your genitals? You are funny
Whilst both are troublesome religions and harmful to mankind. Your offering clearly demonstrates how barbaric Islam is

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Fkforyou(m): 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
Is there a Muslim ram and a Christian ram or you just have issues with food prepared from a Muslim home. undecided

You never jam my friends be that (Christians)...them go begin cut you warning before sallah comr self. undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by mindeymeen: 11:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
please don't lead this trend to a religious debate... let's maintain the topic.. please and please.... a good Muslim shouldn't involves in social media religious debate.... if u don't believe me, go to web and search "rules and regulations of arguments in Islam", and u will see!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
4everGod:

There is no confusion there....its simply a difference in spiritual maturity. I am spiritually mature and have been eating it and preaching to them at the same time especially since my Bible tells me to eat it freely and enjoy it too.

The other person may just not be a mature believer yet so do not call it confusion....afterall a baby must crawl before it can run and jump but both the one crawling and the one jumping are still both people.

longer throat. kwontinu....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Alcatraz003: 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
JFT24:

Pls allow Christians in Nigeria to have their separate existence. That is what christians crave for day and night.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by ajisebioyo1(m): 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
deen4real7902:

who are the needy and beggers? Including the Xtians eating from the ram? Conclusively, the ram is meant for sacrifice ( from ur word).
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by deen4real7902: 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
ajisebioyo1:
Muslims claim they eat with Christians during Christmas, while Christians also claim it is good to eat with Muslim's during salah. But the fact I want us ( Christians) to understand is that the motive behind the killing of rams during salah is totally different from killing chickens or cows at Christmas. Christmas is just for celebration which is not even biblical, as a Christian, you can kill anything or even buy processed foods for Xmas celebration, also it is not enforced on Christians neither there is attached blessings to dinning with friends during Xmas. But in Islam killing of ram is compulsory. However killing of ram is believed to wipe away sins and to seek for Allah's mercy. Then why eating such meat. For me I can't eat salah's ram but I can eat with them in other festivals

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Toks2008(m): 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Tpave:
Just asking cos somebody asked me this question this morning and I decided to bring it to the forum.

Ever since i wqs born i have been eating ram at ileya and chicken on christmas day as my dad was a Muslim and my mum christian abi na sin to eat ileya ram again?

Remember that it is a festival adapted from the bible talking about Abraham's sacrifice of the ram instead of his son Isac.

Cant wait to eat one this tuesday...Yummy delicious ram meat. grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Antina(f): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
ajisebioyo1:
Ma, no Muslim can kill cow during salah. If they did, it was to ensure sufficient meat. Then the ram must be killed first for salah. I can eat the cow if I can differentiate it from the ram's meat

What if ram is not killed first? Sir, that is what we have been killing, and some of my neighbours too. So?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? by Alcatraz003: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
zionwest:
abi o..stupid christians..always hatin on other religions which is a sin

Stop all these insults, you dont want to get me started about which religion is stupid. We just need to tolerate each other in Nigeria till the country is restructured.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Video Of The "Flying Bird That Turned Into A Woman In Port Harcourt" / Never Skip These Before You Marry As A Christian / Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.