Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently (2898 Views)

Lamborghini Owner Breaks Huracan's Windscreen While Showing Off His Supercar / Bullion Van Breaks Down In Abuja, Residents Join The Police To Push It (video) / My Toyota Carina 1998 Emit Black Smoke Thirstier Than A Vampire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by shedyman: 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hello Friends,

I have a little issue that has left me confused for sometimes now. I use a Toyota corolla 2007 and a car thief has gotten assess into the said car on three occasions, what however baffles me is that the same attempt by the thief to gain assess into my next door neighbour's car which is a corolla sports 2005 has been futile.

It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with my locks or car. Please can someone kindly tell me what could be the cause of this mystery.
Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by oweniwe(m): 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
I beg your pardon... What could the thief be looking for?

Do you keep cash or valuables in your car?

It he intended to steal the car, I don't think you'll still have it with you by now.

Buy physical locks for your pedals when leaving the car and disable/remove your battery or ECU if possible before going to bed.

My2cents

1 Like

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by shedyman: 12:04am On Sep 11, 2016
oweniwe:
I beg your pardon... What could the thief be looking for?

Do you keep cash or valuables in your car?

It he intended to steal the car, I don't think you'll still have it with you by now.

Buy physical locks for your pedals when leaving the car and disable/remove your battery or ECU if possible before going to bed.

My2cents

It is the car he attempts to steal but the pedal lock frustrates his plans. The last attempt was targeted at my battery, seeing that he stands a little or no chance at breaching my pedal locks. Thanks for the advise.

1 Like

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by edonbeta: 9:13am On Sep 11, 2016
Does your car has security device installed in it? If not, pls install security device. Activate ur car security b4 u go to bed. Any bodily touch or unauthorised access to the car, the security will trigger off and wake everybody up.
Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by Whizpeter(m): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Op, lemme draw the attention of my bosses...
Cc Gazzuzz Nurey Kingreign EgunMogaji
Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
edonbeta:

Does your car has security device installed in it? If not, pls install security device. Activate ur car security b4 u go to bed. Any bodily touch or unauthorised access to the car, the security will trigger off and wake everybody up.

The neighbors may end up paying someone to steal the car so the accursed noise can stop.

3 Likes

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
OP, just get three ados and tie it with red cloth to a short broom and put it on top of the car.

Thank me later.

#IjebuTinz

3 Likes

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by kingreign(m): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
shedyman:
Hello Friends,

I have a little issue that has left me confused for sometimes now. I use a Toyota corolla 2007 and a car thief has gotten assess into the said car on three occasions, what however baffles me is that the same attempt by the thief to gain assess into my next door neighbour's car which is a corolla sports 2005 has been futile.

It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with my locks or car. Please can someone kindly tell me what could be the cause of this mystery.

Take your car to a good welder to weld a cross metal barrier on the ECU to the body of the car so the ECU can't be removed.

Tell same competent welder to weld a local pedal lock for your car.

Install a tracker in that car,

Buy rottweilers, pit bulls and GSD starve them at evenings and chain them with long chain around the car.

5 Likes

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by nurey(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
They said once bitten twice shy, the thief made three attempts and the op is still here telling stories for the God, instead of him to act.

The next attempt the thief will be successful because he already has the master plan and design of scheme to use. The only safe haven is to park the car at a friend's place with fenced compound until you are able to sort out proper security. Don't be surprise next time he is coming with a oxyethlene gas to cut any metal barrier you install. How do I know? Simple to catch a thief, think like an armed robber, to catch arm robber, think like a shinigami.

My brother in law has a fortified security in his corolla if you like steal it or snatch it at gun point, but make sure you no open door else the engine will not start again, or it will switch off in motion until he tells you the key combo.

1 Like

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by seunpinky(m): 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
nurey:
They said once bitten twice shy, the thief made three attempts and the op is still here telling stories for the God, instead of him to act.

The next attempt the thief will be successful because he already has the master plan and design of scheme to use. The only safe haven is to park the car at a friend's place with fenced compound until you are able to sort out proper security. Don't be surprise next time he is coming with a oxyethlene gas to cut any metal barrier you install. How do I know? Simple to catch a thief, think like an armed robber, to catch arm robber, think like a shinigami.

My brother in law has a fortified security in his corolla if you like steal it or snatch it at gun point, but make sure you no open door else the engine will not start again, or it will switch off in motion until he tells you the key combo.

pls oga nurey... wat kind of security is dat nd where can it b gotten?
Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by nurey(m): 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
seunpinky:

pls oga nurey... wat kind of security is dat nd where can it b gotten?

It's called kicking timer that's what my brother in law who did it remembered it as but says will confirm from the tech guy.

Even if the engine wasn't switched off once you open door, just a few miles and it will die on motion. So any time the door is opened before starting the engine you have to press the key combo or switch off engine press key combo and start it again
Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by Belvinho(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
nurey:

It's called kicking timer that's what my brother in law who did it remembered it as but says will confirm from the tech guy.

Even if the engine wasn't switched off once you open door, just a few miles and it will die on motion. So any time the door is opened before starting the engine you have to press the key combo or switch off engine press key combo and start it again

This kind of security sound very interesting. Wouldn't mind installing that provided it prevents any story for the gods.
Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by tahoe(m): 2:05am On Sep 12, 2016
Belvinho:

This kind of security sound very interesting. Wouldn't mind installing that provided it prevents any story for the gods.

dem neva carry person put for booth for your eyes. when the car stops Na him go show dem how to start the car when they use beating refresh his brain

7 Likes

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by diportivo: 8:27am On Sep 12, 2016
tahoe:

dem neva carry person put for booth for your eyes. when the car stops Na him go show dem how to start the car when they use beating refresh his brain

I still remember the slap some bastard gave me in 2008 cos of an 08 Camry

Point is,ordinary slap sef don do

Na to dey sing like canary

2 Likes

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by Belvinho(m): 9:44am On Sep 12, 2016
Still on this security and tracker issue, where is the best place to hide a tracker? Some thieves are so damn good at locating this.
Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by kingreign(m): 10:55am On Sep 12, 2016
Belvinho:
Still on this security and tracker issue, where is the best place to hide a tracker? Some thieves are so damn good at locating this.

any good tracker installer guy would NOT tell even the genuine verified owner of the car where he hid a tracker during installation. I wont advice anyone to tell you cos a car snatcher could get such info anytime and perpetuate his nefarious act.

1 Like

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by Emekayoung(m): 11:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
This is one of the most interesting topics i have ever read on nairaland... Very interesting and hilarious too..

1 Like

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by tahoe(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2016
diportivo:

I still remember the slap some bastard gave me in 2008 cos of an 08 Camry

Point is,ordinary slap sef don do

Na to dey sing like canary

funniest part is that they will drop him somewhere the owner of the car is familiar with, but he will not know because heat and fear go don do am bad for inside booth

I know because it happened to my dad. we just laugh whenever we remember.

3 Likes

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
monitoring family or small fleet drivers is easy with our car tracker and Free tracking application. Take full control of your vehicles from the privacy of your mobile phone, tablets or PC - anywhere, anyday, anytime
• Track your car on any phone with simple SMS
• Track your car on any internet enable phone (optional)
• Free smartphone & tablet tracking software
• Automatic notification in case of theft
• Ignition and engine shutdown via SMS. Stay in control in case of theft
• Vehicle recovery feature in mobile app if stolen
• Prevent unauthorized trips from drivers
• Monitor excessive speed by your driver, children etc
• Fuel log: Monitor fuel, prevent fuel theft and control costs
• Monitor drivers conversation in your car • Understand locations instantly without zooming in/out
• Add up to 1,000 own locations (office, home, client Church, Restaurant, joints etc..)
• Multi-lingual with selectable primary language (English, French, Arabic etc…)
• Accelerometer for towing alarms, secure parked and unguarded vehicles.
• Monitor your car anywhere in the Nigeria

***Our Quality never goes out of service***
Free Installations and Technical support Office and Home Installation available,
we have different prices and package that suit your budget depends what you really want
Contact us through 08144758217 , www.vehicletracker.com.ng

1 Like

Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by ivoryhouse(m): 1:30am On Sep 15, 2016
nurey:

It sounds like a kill switch, quite effective too
Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by shedyman: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
Thanks all for your contributions. I have decided to park the car in a more secured area pending when I sort out security issues in my environment. It however still baffles me how thieves can get access to car A and find it difficult to access car B of the same make.
Re: A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently by Juggernaut21: 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Maybe d thief get extra or master key dat works with Ur car? Better still, u can simply do comprehensive insurance on Ur car Nd have rest of mind
shedyman:
Thanks all for your contributions. I have decided to park the car in a more secured area pending when I sort out security issues in my environment. It however still baffles me how thieves can get access to car A and find it difficult to access car B of the same make.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

2002 Toyota Camry, 2004 Honda Acord And 2003 Honday Civic Which Should I Go For / 2011 Toyota Camry Xle V6 Vs Lexus GS350 Of The Same Year / The SAE 16 Viscosity Grade - An Advancement In Engine Oil Formulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.