Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,894 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

Jesus' Teachings In The Quran - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Jesus' Teachings In The Quran (7690 Views)

Islamic Teachings on Intimate Relations Between Spouses / Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by dexmond: 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2009
I have noticed how Muslims have appropriated Jesus’ the Messiah to themselves. It would have been to the glory of God if they had seen his message and accepted it too. They claimed that he is mentioned in the Quran; in fact a whole book- Suratul Mariam was dedicated to him and his mother. Now, my question is,

Where are the teachings of Jesus in the Quran?

Please, don’t quote the bible nor quote what he will say in the last day. However, you can refer to any document of history.

Please be sincere about this-. Also note, that, this is part of your contribution to soul winning and will be rewarded by God. [size=14pt] Islam and Christianity cannot both be true. It is either it is Christianity or it is Islam! [/size]
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by noetic15(m): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2009
where are the muslims? . . .come and educate our ignorance?
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Abuzola(m): 11:28pm On Oct 07, 2009
Jesus ? Simple as Abc

Quran 5:72 ',,, the messiah, jesus son of mary said,'O Children of Israel ! Worship Allah, my Lord and ur Lord'

Quran 3:50 'and i (jesus) have come confirming that which was revealed before me of the torah (see mathew 5:17-18), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you (see mathew 5:21-48), and i have come to you with a proof from ur Lord, so fear Allah and obey me'

Quran 19:30-35

'He (jesus) said,'verily i am a slave of Allah, He has given me the scripture and made me a prophet.

And He has made me Blessed wheresoever i be, and He enjoined on me salat (prayer) and zakat as long as i live.

And dutiful to my mother and made me not arrogant, unblest.

And peace be the day i was born and the day i die and the day i shall be raised alive'

such is jesus son of mary, a statement of truth about which they used to doubt.

It befits not the majesty of Allah that He should beget a son. Glorified is He above all that they associate with Him. When He decrees a thing, He says to it 'Be' and it is''
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by noetic15(m): 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
Abuzola:

Jesus ? Simple as Abc

Quran 5:72 ',,, the messiah, jesus son of mary said,'O Children of Israel ! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'

Quran 3:50 'and i (jesus) have come confirming that which was revealed before me of the torah (see mathew 5:17-18), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you ([b]see mathew 5:21-48)[/b], and i have come to you with a proof from your Lord, so fear Allah and obey me'

Quran 19:30-35

'He (jesus) said,'verily i am a slave of Allah, He has given me the scripture and made me a prophet.

And He has made me Blessed wheresoever i be, and He enjoined on me salat (prayer) and zakat as long as i live.

And dutiful to my mother and made me not arrogant, unblest.

And peace be the day i was born and the day i die and the day i shall be raised alive'

such is jesus son of mary, a statement of truth about which they used to doubt.

It befits not the majesty of Allah that He should beget a son. Glorified is He above all that they associate with Him. When He decrees a thing, He says to it 'Be' and it is''

are u so dumb? must u use the corrupt bible to support ur claims?
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Abuzola(m): 11:33pm On Oct 07, 2009
It is Quran mr man, i only wrote a footnote, don't u know what a footnote is. Spare me and ur jangulation
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 07, 2009
@noetic,keep fooling yourself,the better u accept ISLAM for your salvation
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 07, 2009
@noetic,JANGULATION lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by noetic15(m): 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
Abuzola:

It is Quran mr man, i only wrote a footnote, don't u know what a footnote is. Spare me and your jangulation

what am I jangulating? grin grin grin grin

uplawal:

@noetic,keep fooling yourself,the better u accept ISLAM for your salvation

where in the koran did allah offer salvation to his slaves?
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Abuzola(m): 12:48am On Oct 08, 2009
Salvation ?

Read Quran 3:85 'whoever seeks a religion other than islam it will never be accepted of him and in the hereafter he will be one of the losers'

kaji ko ?

1 Like

Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by dexmond: 7:20am On Oct 08, 2009
My questions have not been answered. I mean, it should be something like this: “according to the Quran chapter this verse this etc, Jesus said that when you fast, don’t do it like the Pharisees who do it for men’s praise “

Where are Jesus’ teaching in the Quran? If Muslims are to condemn the records of Jesus’ apostle, there should at least be a better record in the Quran or even the Hadiths.

what do you say?
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by muhsin(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
@dexmon,

In a much summary form, read the following; it contains Muslim general belief of Jesus, may Allah exalt his mention:

We believe in Jesus.

We believe he was born of a virgin.
We believe he spoke from the first day of his life.
We believe Jesus raised the dead, gave sight to the blind, even took some clay, shaped it into a bird and breathed life into it and the bird flew away.

We believe that there are only TWO people on earth that Satan did not touch them in the womb, that was jesus and the mother of Jesus

So if anyone has a right to deify Jesus, it is the Muslims
If anyone has a right to worship, it is the Muslims

Because we not only believe in what the Christians believe about him, we believe in him more

Mind you, we are not worshipers of Jesus,

We believe he is the messiah, and that he must return.

So there is nothing about Christians and Christianity that has anything over our understanding of Jesus.

Unlike the Jews who reject Jesus, Muslims respect and believe in him.

However, this thread is not about Jesus, it is about God.

And we believe in God, and thats what the difference is

We do not say that God has a partner, not a son, an uncle, a daughter or an aunt.

And that is the purpose of this thread, to once again remind christians that deifying Jesus is unacceptable to God.

May God, the Most Exalted, guide us all, ameen.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by muhsin(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2009
P:S

I can "inundate" you verses and chapters about Jesus (pbuh), but start with these:

First mention of Jesus (pbuh) in the Qur'an:

"And verily We gave unto moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him, and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear signs, and We supported him with the holy spirit (angel Gabriel). Is it that whenever there came to you a Messenger with that which you yourselves desire not, you grow arrogant? Some you disbelieved, and some you killed" Al-Bakarah(2):87

Mention made of some of the prophets of Allah:

After speaking about Abraham (pbuh) God says: "And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob; each of them We guided; and Noah did We guide aforetime; and of his seed (We guided) David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good. And Zachariah and John and Jesus and Elias. Each one (of them) was of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot. Each one of them did We prefer above (Our) creatures" Al-Anaam(6):84-86.

The message of the prophets was ONE message:

"Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us, and that which was sent down to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the sons of Jacob, and that which was given to Moses and Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered. And whosoever seeks other than Islam as [their] religion it will not be accepted from him, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers. How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their belief and (after) they bore witness that the messenger (Muhammad) is true and after clear proofs had come unto them. And Allah guides not wrongdoing folk." A'al-Umran(3):84-86

What was this message?:

"And verily We have sent in every nation a messenger, (proclaiming): Worship Allah (alone) and shun false gods. Then of them were some whom Allah guided, and of them were some upon whom misguidance had just hold. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth)!" Al-Nahil(16):36

The mission of Jesus (pbuh):

"And We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow in their footsteps, confirming that which was (revealed) before him, and We bestowed on him the Gospel wherein is guidance and a light, confirming that which was (revealed) before it in the Torah a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil)." Al-Maidah(5):46

Do you wanna me to go on

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us to the right path, amen.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Nezan(m): 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2009
@muhsin; you said you muslims believe that Jesus is the Messiah (see your post), my question to you is this: 'who exactly is a Messiah'?, BTW, do you know that Jews deny the messiahship of Jesus and are still waiting for the time God will send them a Messiah?

So tell me, what is the meaning of the word 'Messiah'?
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by muhsin(m): 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2009
Got little time, in fact less than 10 minutes; but there seems a semantic problem, i.e. how you Christians think the word means and how we do. But it simply means one who will come back, e.g. Prophet Isa (pbuh).
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by dexmond: 6:28pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ Mushin

Thank you for taking your time to explain to us the general views of Muslims regarding Jesus of Nazareth. However, you missed the purpose of the thread. The question is “where are the Sermons or call it the Gospel of Jesus in the Quran or the Hadiths”.

Your sincere effort will be appreciated
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Abuzola(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2009
Break it down man

can you tell me the teaching of Abraham in the NT ? If you can, There is no teaching of Abraham or noah etc in the New testament likewise Quran and jesus teaching, the past nation is gone we are in the concurrent event just like ur bible was short of giving teaching of the Past prophet. The old testament is Book of the jews so don't even think of stealing it
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by dexmond: 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
@Abuzola

The authors of the new testament did not start to narrate the laws of Moses, the psalms of David’s, the prophets etc, but instead, added the entire document to their own. To differentiate between them, they now label those of Moses and co. OT and the one they personally wrote NT in order to show that there is a chain in God’s revelation. Now, since the author of the Quran claim inspiration from these books, it would have been better to have the OT, NT, and the latest, the Quran all-in one.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2009
lailai,can never be possible,quran stands out,how can the light mix with darkness/bible
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Abuzola(m): 8:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
Hahahaha, thats false you know. Never was the OT associated with jesus and thats why we have them divided, the OT is for the people of moses, get it ?
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by dexmond: 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2009
You are contradicting your prophets actions and teachings as regards Torah (Old Testament)

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Umar:

A group of Jews came and invited the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) to Quff. So he visited them in their school.

They said: AbulQasim, one of our men has committed fornication with a woman; so pronounce judgment upon them. They placed a cushion for the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) who sat on it and said: Bring the Torah. It was then brought. [size=14pt]He then withdrew the cushion from beneath him and placed the Torah on it saying: I believed in thee and in Him Who revealed thee. [/size]He then said: Bring me one who is learned among you. Then a young man was brought. The transmitter then mentioned the rest of the tradition of stoning similar to the one transmitted by Malik from Nafi' (No. 4431)." (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number 4434)

You do not obey nor follow the teachings of your own prophet who himself was inconsistent about his doctrine.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Abuzola(m): 4:58am On Oct 09, 2009
Prophet Muhammad judge the jews according to their book, or do u have problem with it ?
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by dexmond: 7:24am On Oct 09, 2009
To Abuzola

God save Abuzola from the spirit of ignorance and from the veil that is covering his eyes. (Amen).  Now I understand why w need to pray earnestly for the perishing. Look at you, you are seeing another thing, when the font of my text was even highlighted!
You mean you did not notice how your prophet honoured the Torah and declared FAITH in it?

Lord every spirit of divinely inspired ignorance standing in the way of these people, I command such spirit to leave them in JESUS name.(Amen)
Thank you Lord. Why should they perish even when there is Grace? Lord, for your mercies sake.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by Abuzola(m): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2009
I reject that incantation .

For ur information an unbeliever is not subjected to Islamic law, go and ask any islamic scholar. So it will be improper for him to lace islamic law on them, mind you they were the one that called him to judge for them.

Quran 30:57
'On that day no excuse of theirs will avil those who did wrong (by worship jesus and co as their God), nor will they be allowed to return to Seek Allah's pleasure (by coming back to the world to be muslim)'

i pity you.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by muhsin(m): 11:42am On Oct 09, 2009
dexmond:

@ MushinMuhsin

Thank you for taking your time to explain to us the general views of Muslims regarding Jesus of Nazareth. However, you missed the purpose of the thread. The question is “where are the Sermons or call it the Gospel of Jesus in the Quran or the Hadiths”.

Your sincere effort will be appreciated

Hi,

Don't ever expect Jesus's sermon, call, etc in any Hadeeth for hadeeth does not contain such. Go and read the meaning of Hadeeth in my Hadeeth of the Day thread.

Similarly, Qur'an does comprise that but in what sense? Thats where the problem lies. For example, there in my second reply to this thread, a Qur'anic verse clearly says that the teaching of the prophets is the same--as also said Jesus that he did not come to destroy Moses (and other God's messengers) message. What is that message? Fundamentally those Messengers preached Oneness of God, claimed themselves as "mere" Messengers not God, etc, etc, etc. But you people abolish that.

Qur'an

"Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us, and that which was sent down to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the sons of Jacob, and that which was given to Moses and Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered. And whosoever seeks other than Islam as [their] religion it will not be accepted from him, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers. How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their belief and (after) they bore witness that the messenger (Muhammad) is true and after clear proofs had come unto them. And Allah guides not wrongdoing folk." (3:84-86)

Bible:

"Do you think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the Teachings of the Prophets. I have not come to do away with them, but to make the teachings come true." (Mathew, 5:17)

Hence, I kinda feel I'll just waste my time going deep inside Qur'an for what you are looking for.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us to the right and straight path, amen,
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by dexmond: 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2009
@ Mushin

Don't ever expect Jesus's sermon, call, etc in any Hadeeth for hadeeth does not contain such.
Thanks for hitting the nail straight on the head.

Now, if Muslims believe that Jesus was a great Prophet (which is true) and a highly respected one at that, why do they ignore his “Sunna” (The Gospels) as recorded by his own companions (Apostles), Just as the hadeeths are the records of the sayings and deeds of Muhammad.?

What other message apart from the oneness of GOD did they preach? How many of such Israel's prophet do you know? Were there Arabian prophets among them?

If you believe that they were sent by God, will you neglect any of their message which is complex to understand?

I need your sincere answer.

Thanks.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by muhsin(m): 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
dexmond:

@ Mushin
First of all, my name is not Mushin as you've been writing, but Muhsin. Take note.

dexmond:

Now, if Muslims believe that Jesus was a great Prophet (which is true) and a highly respected one at that, why do they ignore his “Sunna” (The Gospels) as recorded by his own companions (Apostles), Just as the hadeeths are the records of the sayings and deeds of Muhammad.?
Hmm. I fathom what you are getting at, and thats simply that we Muslims should believe in Bible for its a record of Jesus(pbuh)'s deeds just like Hadeeth, which is a record of Muhammad (pbuh) deeds. Won't proceed here unless you answer this question to me: do you really believe Jesus (pbuh) as prophet/demigod/god?

dexmond:

What other message apart from the oneness of GOD did they preach? How many of such Israel's prophet do you know? Were there Arabian prophets among them?
Oneness of God is the most important of all these messages. I also want your sincere answer here: do you believe in oneness or triune of God?

Qur'an mentions names of 25 messengers and prophets. Nearly all of them were Israels. But did God ever make any promise that He would not send any other prophet apart from there? Where?

dexmond:

If you believe that they were sent by God, will you neglect any of their message which is complex to understand?
Muslims believe in all prophets sent by God; Christian don't believe in Muhammad (pbuh) and Jews reject Jesus and Muhammad (pbuthem).

dexmond:

I need your sincere answer.
I also need your sincere answer.

dexmond:

Thanks.
Thanks
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by dexmond: 10:25am On Oct 18, 2009
@Muhsin

First of all, my name is not Mushin as you've been writing, but Muhsin. Take note.
Note. Thanks for the correction.

Won't proceed here unless you answer this question to me: do you really believe Jesus (pbuh) as prophet/demigod/god?

I believe that Jesus was a Prophet and also the Son of God on account of the Jewish Torah(taurat) and the writings of other prophets of old.

Oneness of God is the most important of all these messages. I also want your sincere answer here: do you believe in oneness or triune of God?

I believe in the oneness of God. Both Allah not "allah" and Yahweh are one and the same. The God presented by Muhammed is not the true God. My reasons are the absurdity of muhammed's teachings. looks like he did not really know God. Here are some of them:

Mumammed received revelations to justify his marriage with his adopted son after he accidentally saw the wifes unclothedness.
He taught that angels do not enter a house that has a picture or a dog in it.
He ordered that dogs and house lizards should be killed.
He said when a rooster crows that muslims should ask allah for blessing because the rooster had seen an angel.
He said when a horse brays that mulims should seek refuge with allah because it saw satan.
He said when muslims perform the ablution that they should wash there nose three times because satan stays in the upper part of the nose.

According to vol. 2, no. 443, Muhammad said that people are tortured in hellfire because they soil themselves with urine.
1. You must not face Mecca when urinating or defecating (vol. 1, nos. 146, 147, 150, 151).
There a more absurd teachings that muslims can not defend, many of them now know that muhammed was not a true prophet after all. I will prepare more of such teachings with refences so you can look up the hadiths for yourself. Do not believe me until you see the hadiths pls.

Mark 12:28-29
28And one of the scribes came, and heard them questioning together, and knowing that he had answered them well, asked him, What commandment is the first of all? 29Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one: 30and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength.

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Qur'an mentions names of 25 messengers and prophets. Nearly all of them were Israels. But did God ever make any promise that He would not send any other prophet apart from there? Where?

No. However, it is one of those things that makes one suspicious of an Arabian prophet. Why did God suddenly change?

Muslims believe in all prophets sent by God; Christian don't believe in Muhammad (pbuh) and Jews reject Jesus and Muhammad (pbuthem).

I believe in the Old testatement prophets, I do not believe that Muhammed was from God. Ask me my reasons and I shall humbly provide them. Muslims do not really believe those prophet.

If they believe, then Islam should have been a continuation of prophetic traditions. Alas, it is not so.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by littleb(m): 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2009
@dexmond
I believe in the oneness of God. Both Allah not "allah" and Yahweh are one and the same. The God presented by Muhammed is not the true God. My reasons are the absurdity of muhammed's teachings. looks like he did not really know God. Here are some of them:

Where does the confussion came from? Can you differentiate between the Allah you accepted and the one you declined?

Mumammed received revelations to justify his marriage with his adopted son after he accidentally saw the wifes unclothedness.
He taught that angels do not enter a house that has a picture or a dog in it.
He ordered that dogs and house lizards should be killed.
He said when a rooster crows that muslims should ask allah for blessing because the rooster had seen an angel.
He said when a horse brays that mulims should seek refuge with allah because it saw satan.
He said when muslims perform the ablution that they should wash there nose three times because satan stays in the upper part of the nose.

Agreed, can you justify your claim with any proof against them according to what you belief?

According to vol. 2, no. 443, Muhammad said that people are tortured in hellfire because they soil themselves with urine.

If perhaps this is a lie, then where is the proof against it according to what you belief?

1. You must not face Mecca when urinating or defecating (vol. 1, nos. 146, 147, 150, 151).
This is a tradition of Islam, will you tell me the essence of putting cross in your neck, hands leg and so on.

There a more absurd teachings that muslims can not defend, many of them now know that muhammed was not a true prophet after all. I will prepare more of such teachings with references so you can look up the hadiths for yourself. Do not believe me until you see the hadiths pls.

There is no muslim who adopted Muhammad was not his prophet, otherwise regarded as kafir, unbeliefers like that of Christians. And i am expecting more of your hadeeths. I belief you will not quote from what you have no knowledge about.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by olabowale(m): 12:34am On Oct 19, 2009
@dexmond:« #19 on: October 08, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Now I have successfully gotten you to contradict your prophets action as regards Torah (Old Testament)
Narrated Abdullah Ibn Umar:
A group of Jews came and invited the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) to Quff. So he visited them in their school.
They said: AbulQasim, one of our men has committed fornication with a woman; so pronounce judgment upon them. They placed a cushion for the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) who sat on it and said: Bring the Torah. It was then brought. He then withdrew the cushion from beneath him and placed the Torah on it saying: I believed in thee and in Him Who revealed thee. He then said: Bring me one who is learned among you. Then a young man was brought. The transmitter then mentioned the rest of the tradition of stoning similar to the one transmitted by Malik from Nafi' (No. 4431)." (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number 4434)
I doubt if you realise that what the prophet had done, by Inspiration from Allah, is to call the Children of Israel (Jews) to that particular truth in their Torah? But of course, you truncated the ahadith, not including the fact that they covered the part that says the adultery offenders must be stoned, except someone removed the hands of the Jewish liar, since the UNLETTERED Muhammad (AS) demanded and insisted on a correct and accurate reading! How did he know, except Allah revealed it to him! While the Jews stone to death for fornication, you guys say that no harm committed even for adultery and we punish by caning the fornicator, and stone the adultery people, after a due process.

Now which is a better deal; no wonder Allah says the Muslim is a community of middle course, not extreme in either case, like the Jews and the Christians.

You do not obey nor follow the teachings of your own prophet who himself was inconsistent about his doctrine.
How is a prophet inconsistent, and you are quoting his inconsitency to proof his action which you cant deny as "inconsistent!" If Musa says there is stoning, and you said Jesus of the Bible says no stoning, where is consistency in the Bible, especially when Toral says this and Gospel says the complete opposite, yet the Jews still brought their case to Muhammad (AS) so that he can judge them like Musa would; a proof that he is like Musa! NO? Dexmond, you can see how weak your argument is; you kinda remind me of Fela's "You miss road" lyrics of the yesteryears!

The message of Jesus is two folds and you will find it without wasting too much time is Surah Saffa verse 6: He was to reinerate whatever is truthful that Musa (AS) brought by his Toral, as Jesus preached the same along with new materials given to him in his Injil, as he the second part talks about the final messenger whose name is Ahmad (AS). These two issues are defined clearly in the Gospel by; I do not come to destroy the laws and prophets, but to fulfill them (making them relevant all the way) and who ever abrogates or encourages anyone to do so, shall be the least in the end, at the kingdom and hellfire shall belongs to him, being the least position a person can occupy. And the proclamation that the people should expect a future comforter addresses Muhammad as Ahmad. Details of One God and all including Jesus have this God as One Lord is a culmunation of both issue, since before Jesus, a prophet and the book given to him, there were prophets and books revealed to them: Moses Torah, David Sabur!

And before Jesus there were prophets who told their community to make Salah (I assure you that when you go on google, you will find videos "Prostration in daily jewish Prayer" and similar videos of Jews making Islamic salah gestures; standing, bowing and prostrating. And in the christian situation; "Possible origin of Islamic prostration" a silly Christian proposition that Islam copied them, while the majority of the Christian reject this as if thats a good argument!, and "Early Christian prayers", "the Jesus prayer", each is a video source! And prophets have been fasting before Jesus (Moses fasted for 40 days at the condition of his receiving the laws. Jesus did not bring any new religion, and neither did Muhammad, nor Musa (AS), all following in succession the religion given to Adam, mankind, and Ibrahim (AS) was first inspired to mention it as himself Muslim, even though Islam have been on longer and earlier time!
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by olabowale(m): 1:31am On Oct 19, 2009
Surah Saff (61 verse 6); The Good News of `Isa about Our Prophet and that His Name is Ahmad

Allah said; (And when `Isa, son of Maryam, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you, confirming the Tawrah before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad.'') `Isa said, "The Tawrah conveyed the glad tidings of my coming, and my coming confirms the truth of the Tawrah. I convey the glad tidings of the Prophet who will come after me. He is the unlettered, Makkan, Arab Prophet and Messenger, Ahmad.'' `Isa, peace be upon him, is the last and final Messenger from among the Children of Israel. He remained among the Children of Israel for a while, conveying the good news of the coming of Muhammad, whose name is also Ahmad, the Last and Final Prophet and Messenger. After Muhammad, there will be no prophethood or Messengers.

How admirable the Hadith is that Al-Bukhari collected in his Sahih from Jubayr bin Mut`im, who said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah say, (I have names. I am Muhammad and Ahmad. I am Al-Mahi through whom Allah will eliminate disbelief. I am Al-Hashir who will be the first to be resurrected, with the people being resurrected Hereafter. I am also Al-`Aqib (i.e., there will be no Prophet after me).'') Also Muslim collected this Hadith from Az-Zuhri from Jubayr. Muhammad bin Ishaq recorded that Khalid bin Ma`dan said that some Companions of Allah's Messenger said, "O Allah's Messenger! Tell us about yourself.''

He said; (I am the (result of the) invocation made to Allah from my father Ibrahim and the good news `Isa delivered. my mother was pregnant with me, she had a dream in which she saw a light emanating from her that radiated the palaces of Busra in Ash-Sham.'' This Hadith has a good chain of narration that is supported by other similar narrations. Imam Ahmad recorded that Al-`Irbad bin Sariyah said, "The Messenger of Allah said, (I was written with Allah as the Last and Final of the Prophet, even when Adam was still clay. I will tell of the first good news announcing my advent, the (result of the) invocation to Allah made from my father Ibrahim, the good news `Isa conveyed, and the dream that my mother saw. The mothers of all Prophets see similar dreams.'')

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Umamah said, "I said, `O Allah's Messenger! What was the first good news of your coming' He said, (The (result of the) invocation to Allah made from my father Ibrahim and the good news `Isa conveyed. My mother saw a light emanating from her that filled the palaces of Ash- Sham in a dream.)'' Imam Ahmad recorded that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud said that the Messenger of Allah sent eighty men, including `Abdullah bin Mas`ud, Ja`far bin Abi Talib, `Abdullah bin `Urfutah, `Uthman bin Maz`un, Abu Musa, and others, to An-Najashi. The Quraysh sent `Amr bin Al-`As and `Umarah bin Al-Walid with a gift for An-Najashi. When they, `Amr and `Umarah, came to An-Najashi, they prostrated before him and stood to his right and left. `Amr and `Umarah said, "Some of our cousins migrated to your land; they have abandoned us and our religion.'' An-Najashi said, "Where are they'' They said, "They are in your land, so send for them,'' so An-Najashi summoned the Muslims. Ja`far said to the Muslims, "I will be your speaker today.'' So, the Muslims followed Ja`far and when he entered on the king he did not prostrate after greeting him.

They said to Ja`far, "Why do you not prostrate before the king'' Ja`far said, "We only prostrate for Allah, the Exalted and Most Honored.'' They said, "Why'' He said, "Allah has sent a Messenger to us from Him, who ordered us not to prostrate to anyone except Allah, the Exalted and Most Honored. He also ordered to perform prayer and give charity.'' `Amr bin Al-`As said, "They contradict your creed about `Isa, son of Maryam.'' The king asked, "What do you say about `Isa and his mother Maryam'' Ja`far said, "We only say what Allah said about him, that he is Allah's Word, a soul created by Allah and sent down to the honorable virgin who was not touched by a man nor bearing children before.'' An-Najashi lifted a straw of wood and said, "O Ethiopians, monks and priests! By Allah, what they say about `Isa is no more than what we say about him, not even a difference that equals this straw. (My statement:This christian is the truth, a reason that we have some Christian prostrating like Muslims, in Ethiopia, though they must entered some corruptions into it, they now take Jesus to be more than what he was, rejecting Muhammad and his brand of Islam).

Al Nagashi of Ethiopia said: "You are welcomed among us, and greetings to him who sent you. I bear witness that he is Allah's Messenger whom we read about in the Injil. He is the Prophet who `Isa, son of Maryam, foretold the good news about his advent. Live wherever you wish. By Allah, had I not been entrusted with the responsibilities of kingship, I would have gone to him, so that I could be honored by carrying his slippers and his water for ablution.'' The king ordered that the gifts of the idolators be returned to them. `Abdullah bin Mas`ud soon returned and later on participated in the battle of Badr. He said that when the Prophet received the news that An-Najashi died, he invoked Allah to forgive him. (The reason one makes Salatul Ghaib (Unseen) when people died, without their body being recovered, as in fire or drowning etc!).

Allah said, (But when he came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic.'') this refers to Ahmad, who was anticipated, in accordance with the early Scriptures and early generations, according to Ibn Jurayj and Ibn Jarir. When the Prophet appeared bringing clear signs, the disbelievers and rejecters said, (This is plain magic) (7. And who does more wrong than the one who invents a lie against Allah, while he is being invited to Islam And Allah guides not the people who are wrongdoers.) (8. They intend to put out the Light of Allah with their mouths. But Allah will bring His Light to perfection even though the disbelievers hate (it).) (9. He it is Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to make it victorious over all religions even though idolators hate (it).)
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by muhsin(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2009
Very good brothers, littleb and Olabowale. And may Allah, the Exalted, bless you.

BTW, I just come to have a peep at whats going on as I've been criss-crossed with things to do. InshaAllah, you'll see my response tomorrow, dexmond. I see your case is, in a way, simple. May Allah guide us all, ameen.
Re: Jesus' Teachings In The Quran by ttruth(m): 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2010
Jesus in the Quran:-

2: 136 Say ye: "We believe in Allah and the revelation given to us and to Abraham Isma'il Isaac Jacob and the Tribes and that given to Moses and Jesus and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord we make no difference between one and another of them and we bow to Allah (in Islam) [Muslimoon]."

3: 45 Behold! the angels said "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus the son of Mary held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.

3: 55 Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee [mutawaffika = let you die] and raise [rafi'uka] thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject Faith to the Day of Resurrection; then shall ye all return unto Me and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute

[b]There is another deliberate mis translation of the verse to cover up the inconsistencies of the Quran.

" I shall take thee…" should actually read " I shall cause thee to die and then raise thee…" which completely changes the meaning and hence the implications of the verse because it contradicts the earlier assertion in the Quran (4:157) that Jesus did not die.

Moreover, assuming for an instance, that the general theme of the Gospel accounts is true, then the Jews - contrary to the malicious implications of the interpreter - would have rightly rejected Jesus for the following theological reasons:

a) If he had declared himself the son of God, this would have been unacceptable to their strict monotheism just as it is totally unacceptable to Muhammad and his followers who would have executed him also.

b) He did not fulfil the characteristics as accepted in the tradition of the Jews of their Messiah; he did not LIBERATE them from Roman occupation and subjugation[/b]

3: 59 This similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam: He created him from dust then said to him: "Be" and he was.
As usual, the Quran is again in ERROR since ADAM was created from a MOULD and NOT by a WORD

3: 84 Say: "We believe in Allah and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham Isma'il Isaac Jacob and the Tribes and in (Books) given to Moses Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord; we make no distinction between one and another among them and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam) [Muslimoon]."

4: 157 That they said (in boast) "We killed Christ Jesus(Massih Isa) the son of Mary the Apostle of Allah"; but they killed him not nor crucified him but so it was made to appear to them and those who differ therein are full of doubts with no (certain) knowledge but only conjecture to follow for of a surety they killed him not.

The allegedly illiterate and unlearned Muhammad who arrived on the scene of history at least 620 years after the events of Jesus, presumes to know more than the Gospels and the Christains. Moreover, this verse contradicts 3:55.
Most important of all, this verse completely DESTROYS the Christian RELIGION since WITHOUT the DEATH of Jesus, there is no RESURRECTION and hence, without DEATH & RESURRECTION, there is neither meaning nor purpose for CHRISTIANITY

(1) (Reply)

Announcing Funerals Via Modern Means Of Communication / Q&A: The Wisdom Behind Calamities / Tafwees: The Cure For Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.