Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) (2398 Views)

5 Helpful Tips To Secure Any Android Phone From Threats / 8 Useful Tips To Make Any Android Phone Battery Last Longer / How To Disable/stop System Update From Automatically Downloading On Any Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by breellzhacks(m): 1:21am On Sep 11, 2016
Get Sony's Xperia feature packed Keyboard on any android
North American users get a raw deal when it comes to Sony devices. For some reason, the critically-acclaimed Xperia lineup of smartphones is hardly ever available here, whereas in Europe, the Sony Xperia Z series is one of the most popular flagship devices around.
But now, thanks to some great work from developer yener90, we can at least get a taste of the Sony experience by trying out the latest keyboard from their Xperia devices. It's a feature-rich keyboard that supports multiple simultaneous languages, gesture typing, a good selection of themes, and lots of customization options. The install process is relatively simple, as root is not required, so I'll show you how to set it up below.
Requirements
Android 4.4 or higher
"Unknown sources" enabled
Step 1
Download & Install the Xperia Keyboard
To try out the Xperia Keyboard on your device, go ahead and download it (link below). From there, tap the "Download complete" notification, then press Install when prompted.
Download Sony's latest Xperia Keyboard (.apk)
Note: Future updates to this app can be found at the developer's thread on XDA.
Step 2
Enable the New Keyboard
Once you've got the keyboard installed, head to your phone's main Settings menu, then open the Language & input submenu. From here, select the "Current Keyboard" entry, then press the "Choose Keyboards" button on this popup. Next, enable the Xperia Keyboard using the toggle switch next to it, then press "OK" when prompted.
From here, back out one level to head to the Language & input menu again. Next, select the "Current Keyboard" option once more, but this time you'll see the Xperia Keyboard listed, so go ahead and select it to set it as your new default keyboard.
Step 3
Adjust Options
Before you start using the keyboard, it would be a good idea to take a look at all of the various customization options it offers. To do this, head to that same Language & input menu in Settings, but this time select the "Xperia keyboard" entry. From here, you'll see lots of great customization options, including the ability to download multiple language packs, tweak word suggestions, enable gesture input, and even have the Xperia Keyboard learn from your writing style.
Scrolling down to the bottom half of this menu, you'll see some of my favorite options. For instance, you can tweak the keyboard height, enable a one-handed mode, and even add a number row to the top of the keyboard. In addition to that, the Xperia Keyboard is one of the only keyboards that let you disable the emoji button, which can be done by heading to the "Symbols and smileys" menu.
But perhaps the most exciting feature in this menu is the "Keyboard skins" section. This offers a nice assortment of themes for your new keyboard, and all you have to do to apply one is simply select it from the list.
Step 4
Try It Out
With everything set up now, you're ready to try out your new keyboard. It's super fast, and the word prediction is spot-on, plus the gesture typing is smooth and intuitive. If you opted to enable the number row, you'll also be able to quickly enter alphanumeric passwords in the future, so it's an all-around performer.

check the link to my blog on my profile to get the download link and other cool hacks
I cnt post links so I wnt gt banned

Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by Fidelismaria: 2:02am On Sep 11, 2016
whats is so special bout it

y download xperia keyboard wen my flashkeyboard is doing just fine
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by recievesense: 2:09am On Sep 11, 2016
Fidelismaria:

Abeg ask am
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by Fidelismaria: 2:13am On Sep 11, 2016
recievesense:

Abeg ask am

baba u don reach ere
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by recievesense: 4:33am On Sep 11, 2016
Fidelismaria:

baba u don reach ere

Sure na me and you dey rove today
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by Fidelismaria: 5:43am On Sep 11, 2016
recievesense:

Sure na me and you dey rove today

grin grin grin
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by Garshyzee(m): 7:43am On Sep 11, 2016
seems like op never use go keyboard b4
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by pizzle123(m): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2016
pls Guys,my infinix x551....was using airtel on it and later service got sluggish I decided to remove sim card and insert it back...ever since den.....it no sim card oooooo.....pls wat can I do ..... I need ur help ppl
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by AwesomeRomeo: 9:57am On Sep 11, 2016
La click la bend, La blind La deaf La cripple undecided undecided I have swiftkey keyboard, TouchPal keyboard, go keyboard and chrooma keyboard tongue tongue
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by breellzhacks(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2016
lol, I also I have swift keyboard,go keyboard nd the rest,but this post is for people who love customization, Swiftkey has the best word prediction but the themes are awful,go keyboard has cool themes but predictions are not quite pleasing.

gve this keyboard a try, predictions are impressive nd there are cool themes also, you may end up liking it
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by AwesomeRomeo: 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
undecided undecided undecided

Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by breellzhacks(m): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
AwesomeRomeo:
Are you sure you downloaded it through the link on my blog? cuz I doubt it would have posted the direct link here buh m gon get banned
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by alexzy22: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
pizzle123:
pls Guys,my infinix x551....was using airtel on it and later
service got sluggish I decided to remove sim card and insert it
back...ever since den.....it no sim card oooooo.....pls wat can I
do .....
I need ur help ppl
put on airplane mode for some seconds and off it.. ur sim should show
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by kvngjesse(m): 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
AwesomeRomeo:
Name of ur phnnn
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by rattlesnake(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Fidelismaria:

it can chat with Sani Abacha

1 Like

Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by Carlcaresophia: 7:39am On Sep 12, 2016
pizzle123:
pls Guys,my infinix x551....was using airtel on it and later
service got sluggish I decided to remove sim card and insert it
back...ever since den.....it no sim card oooooo.....pls wat can I
do .....
I need ur help ppl
Hello Pizzle123, you can try another Simcard, if the problem persists, we suggest you bring your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. If you need us send you address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the state and city you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by pizzle123(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
Carlcaresophia:

Hello Pizzle123, you can try another Simcard, if the problem persists, we suggest you bring your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. If you need us send you address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the state and city you are living in now. Thank you!
Lagos,ojota......I need UR help
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by Carlcaresophia: 8:53am On Sep 13, 2016
pizzle123:

Lagos,ojota......I need UR help
Hello Pizzle123, below please find contact info of our Carlcare Service Center in Lagos, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. Thank you!
1st Floor, No.77 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +23480022752273/08138615848
2nd Floor, Digital Square, No.20 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +2349036003533
No 55,kofo, abayomi avenue, apapa, Lagos State, Nigeria +2348091339530
Ground and 1st Floor, No.1205 Ahmodu Ojikutu Street, off Bishop Oluwole Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria +2348066153123/9039209279
Re: Get Sony's Xperia Keyboard On Any Android(pictures) by pizzle123(m): 11:56am On Sep 13, 2016
Carlcaresophia:

Hello Pizzle123, below please find contact info of our Carlcare Service Center in Lagos, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. Thank you!
1st Floor, No.77 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +23480022752273/08138615848
2nd Floor, Digital Square, No.20 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +2349036003533
No 55,kofo, abayomi avenue, apapa, Lagos State, Nigeria +2348091339530
Ground and 1st Floor, No.1205 Ahmodu Ojikutu Street, off Bishop Oluwole Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria +2348066153123/9039209279
thank you

(1) (Reply)

#glo4glte Can Save You From That Frustrating Slow Internet Speed. / Do Not Buy The Samsung Galaxy Note 8! / How Can I block A Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.