Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

He's Dead Again! (suspense Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / He's Dead Again! (suspense Story) (555 Views)

He's Dead Again! Part Two. / In The World Of 3 Women (A Romance Suspense Story by Kayode Odusanya) / Episode 14 - Twenty (A Tale Of Suspense, Revenge And Murder) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He's Dead Again! (suspense Story) by Majeedist: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2016
He's Dead Again!
-
By
- Shaibu Majeed Idowu (Facebook) Majeedshaibu - instagram
Majeedist Insight Collections 2016
07036672068 (Whatsapp)

He’s Dead Again!

-Part 1-

"...I had been a man for over twenty years, twenty good years in this sllee- ep, but no woman had ever toasted me, now that I'm growing to be a woman, grh-rh, look at them, they are on a queue to marry me. Fools…"

...That was senseless me after I woke up from my sleep. For how long I had slept, I don't have an idea, but I sure knew I didn't spent the last two days in my senses, not after three bottles of rendez-vous mysteriously disappeared out of my sight.
I looked out to grab the table's edge, but I only managed to grab something softer and more coarse than what a table should be like, in the thinnest of sights, it looked like I was lying by the gutter side, sunk in mud water and playing a nice host to flies. I managed to get up on my feet, but bent like an old man in his 120s, my legs are in no way able to support my standing, it's like they’re broken! Then as if someone was pushing me behind, I threw my hands backward in pursuit of whatever might be behind me; but that only got dizzy me back into the pit, once again I'm down and now in more pain.

I began to see dark and grey blurred human like shadows moving randomly within my eyes, Oh this isn't madness at all, I'm about to invent a kaleidoscope!

Everywhere was so rowdy, indiscriminate noises boomed over my ears, are they speaking Japanese or probably Philippine? I don't seem to relate what they are saying but I can only remember a line faintly reaching my remaining senses:

" let's take him to his wife before he dies!"

I immediately replied,

"Oh yes, she lives at the riverside, my beautiful princesses, let me see him before he flies away, lovuuuu' mu o"

I actually don't care to know if what I was saying made any sense or not. Whatever they said next made no sense to my hearing as well, these shadows are becoming too much...

"...thank God he has woken up, but are you sure he got his senses back?"

I faintly heard someone asking the doctor.

“I'm not so sure, until he is able to speak, then we can access his senses"

I opened my eyes. Jeez! I was welcomed by that distinctive smell of hospital wards, I looked at my arm, and a rubber tube was tied to it. I traced the tubing upward to its source, there- a bag of medic water was gently and spontaneously dripping into my body. I still don't understand what I'm doing here, then I saw Theresa sitting on the only available chair with her head buried in her legs supposedly sobbing. I became more confused and I called out to her

"Theresa",

She shockingly rose up to her feet and rushed to my bed, sat beside me and asked a little less than a dozen questions in rapid succession, I looked straight into her eyes and asked,

"What happened?"

She opened her mouth and nothing came out thereof, she gasped and gasped and burst out in tears, finally she spoke!

"Can you see me clearly?"

“Of course I can see you, tell me what happened”

She didn't reply, instead hugged me and whispered 'I'm sorry'.

Being the persistent being I've always been, I asked her again,

“What happened?”

"...Mayowa is dead!" She said

"Who is Mayowa?"

“Hmm, a lot had happened sweetheart" the major thing is that you... you...”
she scratched her neck and looked away from me,

“What did I do?” I asked

“You... you lost your me-m-me-memory!”

“What do you mean by memory? By the way; who is your sweetheart? And who is Mayowa?”

"Ah! The doctor is here, Doctor, he just spoke to me, but I'm afraid he had not yet recovered his memory fully. He can't remember who Mayowa is and asked why I'm calling him sweetheart! Please help me doctor".

"Just relax young lady, he'll be fine, that's probably more of the effects of the drugs we gave him, he'll need up to a week to be fully active and regain his senses fully again, trust me"

"Ok o doctor, please just help me"

I felt a little pain around my leg as Theresa bounced back into the too-small-for-two bed, I tried to raise my leg to see what happened to my leg, but it was heavier than a bucket of cement. I looked at Theresa, she looked at me coincidentally, tears fell from her eyes again, I was just about to sit up and drag her closer to me when my neck refused to elevate; it too was carrying a heavier head of mine on it. I gnashed my teeth and squeezed my face in pain, eyes closed, when I open them back, Theresa has lost it all, she was crying, I felt like dying, I joined her. I sobbed too!

Not long afterwards, a nurse came in, she asked:

"Sorry, are you Mrs Theresa?" Pointing to Theresa

"Yes I am". She replied.

"...I'm afraid some policemen want to see you".

‘Ghen-ghen ghen-ghen!’

She left us pitifully

No doubt, fear and shock caught Theresa, but not me! I'm already in my lost word, enjoying the greatest deal of confusion ever in my life. I looked at Theresa to ask what was going on but I seem to be dumb, my vocal muscles were so painful that they can no longer utter a word. I managed to close my widely opened mouth and waited for the worst to happen. But unfortunately, the worst is not yet happening, this is just the beginning!

"...Good day ladies and gentlemen, (there cometh the men of the forces) ...this is Inspector Mathew from Ocean view divisional police command and..." the other young lady took over,

"...Inspector Shileola from Ocean view divisional police command. And you are Ms Theresa right?"

Theresa nodded

"Your attention is needed at the station ma"

Theresa said no word; she just walked up to me and planted a kiss on my fore head. Held my hand and demanded that I be strong and that we will surely come out of this.
I looked at her and said I promise. Even though I seriously don't understand what we were in and coming out of. The inspectors led her out of the room. I breathed heavily and prayed to God to at least, make me understand all that's happening.
Not long after, I slept off...
...when I woke up, almost everything around me had changed except for the fact that I'm still lying on that hospital bed, the rubber tubing connected to my arm was no longer there, I can't feel my legs anymore, no pain, yet no leg in sight! I just hoped they were being covered by the blanket, but I can't even attempt to raise the blanket to check. My arms are not rising up yet no pain, I asked my self, have I lost nervous control?
Fear grabbed my being, but one thing I took long to notice was that I wasn't alone in the room, about five other people were there with me each standing or moving aimlessly about. I managed to turn my eyes around in their sockets, no one of them, no one! looked familiar to me.

I opened my lips, luckily they went apart, tried to utter 'doctor' and I did! Everybody turned to me immediately, I wondered if all of them were my doctor. Then the door opened, a more familiar gentleman walked in, placed his stethoscope on my chest and removed them, beckoned on one of the ladies, told her

“your husband is in critical condition , we need to see Janet right now or else, I'm afraid..."

But how come? Is the doctor also mad? How am I ‘your husband’ to everybody? Besides, I don't even know this lady!
The woman walked up to me weeping and said;

“Please my dear, tell us what you know about Janet”

I looked at her as I was too confused to say a word. What question should I ask first? Who are you? Are you my wife? What am I doing here? What happened to me? How did we meet? Who is Theresa? Is she also my wife? Who is Janet? Why police men? What am I to tell? Why must I say something? Why does the doctor need Janet?

Countless questions came into my mind, but I was too dumb to utter any, I looked at her and took a deep breathe, then gently closed my eyes and...

...the cardiograph beeped continuously faster, most lights turned red, my heartbeat quadrupled, I'm beginning to see grey shadows, I heard people shouting doctor, doctor, doctor and bang! A heavy shocking plate hit my chest and I laid low... I lost consciousness!

What happened then, I might never know

Continues in part two

(1) (Reply)

75 Biblical Truth About Alcohol / Trump’s Victory: I’ll Tear My Green Card On January 20, Says Soyinka / Blurred Lines, Or Ignatius' Test- Short Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.