Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

He's Dead Again! Part Two. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / He's Dead Again! Part Two. (384 Views)

He's Dead Again! (suspense Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He's Dead Again! Part Two. by Majeedist: 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
He's Dead Again! Part two. 07036672068

Five days later, I woke up again on my bed, this time, larger than the one I'm used to. There are no rubbers again on my arms, a picture of me hugging a young lady was hanging on the wall, no doctor or nurse in sight. Ah! This is home? I thought!
A knock on the door, someone entered, it was Theresa.

“...how are you doing today? Thank God you're awake. I've brought your meal. Sit up and eat dear”

I looked at my self, can I really sit up? I raised my leg, they moved! And then my neck, no pain! My back departed from the mattress, I sat up; looked around, and said to Theresa, "Am I alright?"

She said almost instantly, “very well dear, you are alright now”

What!!! That 'now' she added got me more worried.

“It means I've not been alright since? I asked. “Now tell me all that happened!”

She promised to tell me all only on one condition... that I eat my food first.
I did. I took not more than six spoon that I felt full, I told her I'm okay, and she insisted I eat more. But I can't just take anymore.

“Oya, tell me now” I sternly said as I looked at her.

She started:

“Two weeks ago...” I listened attentively, but oh no...

Grrhh Grrhh, her phone rang. She picked it up and placed it on loudspeaker. The voice came without greetings:

"...the time is now; they are coming in the evening, get him from that house before you leave me with no option"
"Who's that?" I asked in awe

“My dear no time to waste, please please, let's get out of here immediately, I promise to tell you everything after we escape”

Gosh! Is this coincidence? Or just cheer ill luck?

Just when I thought I was going to finally know why I'm in such circumstances, I lost it again! I have to escape from God-knows-who and why, I told her to come and carry me, but she said:

“But dear you can walk now”

“For sure? So I can now walk? What happened to my leg that I couldn't feel some days ago? What happened to my nerve control lost? And the red lights? And who is…”
“Hmm, Wait! Are you really sure I'm not dead yet? Are you sure am still sane?”

I asked Theresa.

“Yes you are. Listen, just be strong, I will tell you what happened when we have the time, but for now, we must leave here immediately”

“Hmm”

I sighed. Placed my legs on the floor, surprisingly no pain! I felt like smiling, but just too confused that I don't even know if I should be happy that I can stand on my feet or be sad that I still have to escape from what I don't know.

All the same, Theresa smiled at me. I wondered in my mind if she's really my wife. then she must be very nice if she's not!
Theresa picked up some necessary things into her bags, held my arms and walked me out, it's around noon and for the first time in recent times, It seemed like I have my memory back I thought. I once again saw my boss’s car parked in front of the house but this time, strayed with bullet piercings. I looked at Theresa and then the car, I guess she knew what I wanted to say, she just said

“I will tell you everything”

I gulped in saliva, “where are we going?”

“You ask too much questions for now dear, let's just go...” and of course, we went!

Few minutes later, we boarded a taxi and headed to wherever she told the driver. Inside the taxi, I dipped my hands into my pocket and brought out a note, I read the content:

"... You have successfully fooled me but I promise to teach you the bitterest lesson of your life"

I showed this to Theresa, she read it too. Beneath the sentence was a hyphen followed by five asterisks. I tried to figure out how I got this, who could have sent this to me? Theresa looked at me again and asked,

“Please who is Janet?”

Now I felt I needed to talk.

“I really don't know anyone called Janet, I swear. But I can think of somebody I can remember, yes, it's Linda!”

The driver brought the car to a halt immediately I mentioned Linda;

“Jesus Christ!!!” Theresa shouted. The tires screeched and we all budged forward, I hit my back hard against the seat due to the effect of our return from the forward budge... my leg, my head or my shoulder........ I closed my eyes and I just thank God I wasn't hypersensitive, that would have been my end.

“What the hell are you driving?” She screamed out! That was Theresa.

…And the gentle man's voice came, “we are at the place"

“So? That was why you need to stop like that Gosh!”

Well as for me, no comment, I'm in my season of calamities, I thought to myself!

I banged the door opened and forced my self out, Theresa needed not to be told, she was out already, she came straight for me, “hope you're alright?” She asked, concerned. The taxi driver darted away.

"Oh yes I'm fine, but come to think of it, why will that man just stop in that manner after he heard me say Linda, I think something is wrong somewhere, I smell danger"

Theresa paused for some seconds and then relieved herself and said,
“All will be well!”

I thought to myself, indeed so well! Very well! It better be.
Then a young lady came out f the gate just beside us. she hugged Theresa and came for me, oh! It dawned on me that I actually know this young lady, she's probably Theresa's younger sister, hugged me tightly, that was when I realised I still have pains around my shoulders, I put on a grin and guess she saw that face of mine that she let go off me, and said sorry. “…but I'm so so happy you can finally walk!” She added.

So everyone knew about me more than I know of myself? I can't wait to listen to Theresa!

We went inside and sat. Without wasting a minute, I demanded that Theresa tells me what I needed to know.

She started;

“Farouk, two weeks ago, you were invited to a birthday party of a friend. It was to hold at Vatican beach at Ajah, before then you made an appointment with one particular person, who by now I guess is Janet, however you went to the party without calling to inform Janet that you won't be able to come over to her place, whilst she had been waiting tirelessly for you. At the party, maybe someone saw you and informed her that you were enjoying yourself there leaving her alone at home, so she got angry and sent some of her boys to discipline you. But these boys were not the only one after you, a young girl by name Binta, had some troops following you; she needed you to provide the documents of her dad's company which her elder sister gave to you as a proof of her love for you. Though largely unknown to you that they were documents, because she packaged them in an envelope which she told you to open when you get home. But I guess you never did. So Binta’s men got you first, when they demanded for the documents and you denied of being in possession of any documents, they beat you to stupor, it was in this pain that Janet's men found you, so they decided not to beat you but get you drunk and injected you with a drug causing you to temporary lose your memory. After the drinks, they dropped you at the gutter.
But while we were looking for you, these Janet's men sent a letter to me informing me that you were having a meeting with someone at a hotel and that you had given them my number to inform me that I should bring one of your bags to you at the hotel, well when it wasn't from you, I smelt foul play so I didn't, but again they assured me that if I can’t make it that day that I shouldn't worry much, I can bring it the next day. That gained my confidence again.
But later in the night, I received a call that somebody was lying unconscious and probably drunk at the road side, which was how I found you and took you to the hospital".

I looked at her and didn't just know what to say, and then it dawned on me that something was missing in the link,

“...who is Mayowa?” I asked!

“Oh, He was Binta's boyfriend, Binta used him to get into you since he knew you very well and you were once workmates”

That was when I remembered who Mayowa was, the same guy who saved my ass from getting sacked from the school during the last NECO exams when I was implicated on a malpractice scandal.

“So Mayowa is dead now? How”

“Janet's men saw him giving you a signal to evacuate that party, so they thought maybe he would expose them since he also knew one of the guys, so they killed him later”

“Gosh! So why did the doctor wanted to see Janet”

“Hmm…” Theresa sighed,

“…Janet later got to know about her sister’s plans and deeds, she made an attempt to inform the policemen and after calling them, minutes later, she went missing, and since she was the only one who knew where the documents and Binta travelled to, the policemen had been searching for her, so the doctor wanted to see her first and probably make her talked to you before the police get her, she's almost getting mad after all the scenes.”

But one thing is, the more Theresa tells me, the more I become confused, didn’t she just told me that Janet gave the documents to me? Now she’s saying Janet was the only one who…. Gosh! This is way too complex. By all indication, Theresa herself was never involved in this mess seriously, so why did the policemen came to arrest her?

“how did you know all these information? And What's YOUR real relationship with me?” I asked.

Theresa looked at me and said,

"…I am Mayowa's sister!”

I was shocked!

“How possible? Mayowa's sister?”
She replied,

“Yes. Mayowa actually helped you then during the NECO scandal all because he knew you were dating me”.

My morphological being changed immediately, goose pimples grew instantly on my body, I shivered. So Mayowa actually saved and then later got killed all because of me? And her very own sister still see reason to be with me?
I went on my knees, pleaded to Theresa to forgive me. I held her arm and...

...she was crying. I felt her pain too
I told her I understand how she felt but surprisingly, she said
"No dear, you don't. You don't understand how I feel".

I got puzzled, and asked her

"Is there anything else I need to know?"

She looked at me and then the young girl who had came to open the gate for us came closer to me and started crying too. I got confused.

"What's happening here? Please just tell me, I promise I will understand.”

The young girl looked up and said,
“Bro Farouk, It was my mum who called Aunt Theresa to leave that house, she is a police officer, and their team are coming to arrest you and Aunt Theresa, she saved you both at the expense of a very high possibility of her being sacked!"

I got frightened the more, so it means they discovered?
"But God why? What have I really done wrong? I knew no matter how painful I was, Theresa' s pain is much more intense than mine. I moved straight to her and said.

"Theresa, I swear I still can't vividly remember you, but God bear me witness, I cannot possibly love any other person more than I love you now. I know I have brought too much pain and calamity upon you, still you stood by me. Now no matter what happens, it's my time to fight for you and your loved ones too. I breathed heavily, ... I am going to the police station. I need to defend Mum!"

Continues in part three...
Stay tuned

Shaibu Majeed Idowu. (facebook)
Majeedist Insight.
07036672068. Whatsapp me

(1) (Reply)

The Precursory Writing Mashup / Book Review- The Awakened Mage / We Don Catch Am | Nantygreens Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.