Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

The Stark Difference Between YBNL Leader Olamide And His Artiste Adekunle Gold - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Stark Difference Between YBNL Leader Olamide And His Artiste Adekunle Gold (1231 Views)

[A Must Read] If You Were To Choose Between YBNL,DMW, LRR, Mavin, And Star Boy.. / Olamide And Tayo Sobola Stun In Ankara / The Stark Difference Between YBNL Leader Olamide And His Artiste Adekunle Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stark Difference Between YBNL Leader Olamide And His Artiste Adekunle Gold by DashyG: 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
DashyG:
Definitely, Olamide has been one huge inspiration to many Nigerian youths out there. His story is the type that makes you believe that almost anything is achievable if you go after it with grit and fervour. Everyone likes to hear that sort of “Started from the bottom now we here” stories. Fact remains Olamide has made the bad and outrageous the new cool. Like he and his fans will say “street ti take over“, believe me the street is pushing the boundaries. Many eulogies to Olamide.
Adekunle Gold on the flip side share some similarities. He is one guy that has played a huge role in massively converting a subtle genre of music to mainstream hits. Now songs like “Aduke”, “Love Don’t Care“, “Love Me” are hits blazing the trail of Adekunle’s debut hit song “Sade“.
You can’t really be wrong if u say Olamide is a father to Adekunle Gold. Though the former cannot biologically father the latter, but hence it is true in the music scene; egbon Olamide is an OG. There is a popular aphorism that purports “like father like son” mbok I beg to differ. A son will not always be like a father, difference go dey.
Both artists have gone to garner enviable success and momentum in the Nigerian music industry. Albeit each took a different route.
These are some observed disparities between Olamide and Adekunle Gold.
Choice of Music/Genre
Olamide is firstly an indigenous rapper who has only recently tilted very much to being a pop singer. Being a pop singer is like the surest way to make hits in Nigeria though. The YBNL honcho basically raps in his Yoruba dialect and perhaps sings when “the spirit leads”.
Meanwhile Adekunle Gold music inclination tends to alternative, soul and R&B. Adekunle’s music oozes that softness and soul in it. His Boss Olamide is nothing like that, he is on the more pop rap side of things. I believe this contrast is one reason Olamide is not anywhere on Adekunle Gold’s debut album.
Personal Branding and Image
Olamide commands a gangster and street king persona. The “Konkobility” crooner epitomizes the street, razz, outrageous, taboos, and refreshingly honest in a weird way. He is about that life and he is unapologetic; Almost 2pac like. The lyrics of his songs are typical of the street and ghetto which he acknowledges as his background. There are numerous lyrics and songs in his discography that buttress his streetwise status. Adekunle Gold seems to be the most coolheaded male in YBNL. His overall package conveys simplicity and depth. Going by his musical releases you can tell Adekunle Gold is more humane. He is the YBNL lover boy no argument.
Blatant Use Of Profanity and Vulgar Lyrics
You can’t successfully disassociate Olamide’s lyrics from carrying debris of vulgarity. Taboos, lewdness, unrestrained exuberance are characteristics of his songs. “Mo ti mu dongoyaro,dongoyaro, dongoyaro/And monkey tail, monkey tail, monkey tail” from his “Story for the gods” song. Other songs fall comfortably in this group like “Falila Ketan”, Parental Advisory is compulsory. Adekunle Gold does not tread same paths with his boss. His lyrics are void of radio edits, and your kids can be safe with Adekunle Gold’s album. The latter seems to take more time to craft his lyrics better than his boss.
Music Videos and Storyline
As you would probably expect music videos from Olamide are more likely than otherwise scripted to have a party-esque kind of vibe and feel. Very enormous and flagrant displace of body skin. A lot of booty shaking by video vixens, the constant feature of the infamous “red” cup – who knows the content – and several risque behaviours. Adekunle is the story teller, this skill is elaborately captured in music videos. I am yet to see any of Adekunle Gold’s music video with a party hard demeanor.
Adekunle Gold’s impact so far in the Nigerian music industry is a sign that Nigerians are gradually listening to more carefully crafted songs not just dope beats from a “wicked producer”. It signals that you can still earn enviable success by going against the norm of lousy and party type music.

MORE INTERESTING GIST @ www.aproko9ja.com

Re: The Stark Difference Between YBNL Leader Olamide And His Artiste Adekunle Gold by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
shocked
to be sincere Adekunle Gold sings more meaningful songs than Olamide.
I don't just like Olamide.
Re: The Stark Difference Between YBNL Leader Olamide And His Artiste Adekunle Gold by Khutie: 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
grin ... Nice post buh yhu don't expect Adekunle Gold to start dishing owt songs wid vulgar language at early stage of his career; for crying owt loud d niggur na singer not rapper.
Badoo to me remains one of the top dogs in the game. Hate him or love him, d dude still gonna be relevant for many years to come.
E be lyk xay yhu neva listen to dis particular lyrics
"/I buy moto i dey travel go obodo oyinbo/
/Na Private Jet remain for me Baba you know/
/Okwudili biko bia na eba take e photo/
/E no easy to dey chill with Governor Ambode/
/Na Father figure the Governor e be to me oh/
/Since i lost my dad na him e don adopt me oh/
/I say gone are the days wey owu dey hugi me/
/Right about now all the Chiks dey sit down with me/
/I thank Jehova Agu n’eche mba akanchawa oh
(akanchawa)/
/Na Pounds and dollars me and my guys dey take shower/
oh (akanchawa)
/Oya walele where you dey oh (walele eeh)/
/Ebine okpako where u dey oh (walele eeh)...
Olamide na beast

2 Likes

Re: The Stark Difference Between YBNL Leader Olamide And His Artiste Adekunle Gold by CaroLyner(f): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Adekunle-the only reasonable artist in YBNL
Re: The Stark Difference Between YBNL Leader Olamide And His Artiste Adekunle Gold by Coyotejack(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Khutie:
grin ... Nice post buh yhu don't expect Adekunle Gold to start dishing owt songs wid vulgar language at early stage of his career; for crying owt loud d niggur na singer not rapper.
Badoo to me remains one of the top dogs in the game. Hate him or love him, d dude still gonna be relevant for many years to come.
E be lyk xay yhu neva listen to dis particular lyrics
"/I buy moto i dey travel go obodo oyinbo/
/Na Private Jet remain for me Baba you know/
/Okwudili biko bia na eba take e photo/
/E no easy to dey chill with Governor Ambode/
/Na Father figure the Governor e be to me oh/
/Since i lost my dad na him e don adopt me oh/
/I say gone are the days wey owu dey hugi me/
/Right about now all the Chiks dey sit down with me/
/I thank Jehova Agu n’eche mba akanchawa oh
(akanchawa)/
/Na Pounds and dollars me and my guys dey take shower/
oh (akanchawa)
/Oya walele where you dey oh (walele eeh)/
/Ebine okpako where u dey oh (walele eeh)...
Olamide na beast

Ah feel u broda......

Olamide Na boss
Olamide Na entrepreneur
Olamide Na rapper
Olamide Na beast
Olamide Na King
Olamide Na Badoo
Olamide Na D Voice of the street
Olamide gat no competition......

Ajuba for my rapper Badoo sneh.....

Please don't compare gold with Badoo why compare a King with his Prince ....

It just doesn't make sense abeg....

ariwo ko ni music ooooooooo

They will both go places with their music.

1 Like

Re: The Stark Difference Between YBNL Leader Olamide And His Artiste Adekunle Gold by maryjan8(f): 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hmmm, they are both good!

(1) (Reply)

Angela Okorie Flaunts Natural Beauty In Night Gown With Makeup Free Photo / Kiki Osinbajo Steps Out In Lovely Gown (photo) / Meet Comedian Laff Doctor, Who Went Home With A New Car At Alibaba's Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.