Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? (29035 Views)

China’s Bus-size Space Station Is About 80 Hours Away From Crashing To Earth / The Mysterious And Unexplored Corners Of The Earth(Photos) / The Earth Is FLAT. Discuss! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Genoma(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
To dig a hole through the centre and appear at the other side is impossible. Reasons:
1. The temperature of the core is so high that anything that reaches 0.5% of its distance to the surface of the earth will be melted.
2. The earth's core is responsible for the earth's magnetic field which deflects the solar flares and also prevents most objects in outer space from hitting the earth.
3. A slight disturbance of the earth's core will cause a shift in the earth's magnetic field which will result to earthquake in almost every part of the earth as well as the violent movement of water bodies(eg, lakes, rivers, seas, oceans etc) from its original position to a new position. This means that the place originally occupied by land will be filled with water.
The most interesting thing is that those that survives the Apocalypse mentioned above will still die within some few days or months. The reason is that they will die of starvation and thirst because there will be no food, and all the waters on earth will not be fit for drinking.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by umbo: 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
human being remains d only virus militating agains its host.

1 Like

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Princejebs(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
Am beginning to love geography. But why religion never say things about these?

1 Like

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
google 'kola superdeep borehole'.It is the deepest hole ever drilled.The project was ended because of higher than expected temperatures below and because that point the earth beneath behaved like plastic making drilling impossible. Some of the scientist even said they heard screams of the damned.
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by dasphinx1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ximonak:
digging through is not even the biggest issue, it's handling the Core and the effects of it. There are possibilities of

1. molten magma(and it's even hotter ) coming out through the earth to th surface just like volcanos because of temperature difference.

2. low or no gravity at the core, meaning weightlessness problem.
3. the drilling through the core could cause Expansion (shift in Underground rock formations) indirectly cause quakes or plate shift etc

I remember watching a Hollywood film where people do transport from one place through the earth centre to another part o the earth. when getting o the centre weightless effect was added just too. can't remember the name of the movie

The name of the movie is Total Recall

1 Like

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Cutehector(m): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
What if there was no core?

What happened to water tables?
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by planetx: 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
There are actually people living inside the earth they are known as inner terrestrials. The hollow earth has its own sun, seas, and vegetations, the north pole and south pole are the entry point into this hollow earth why it's both top secret military locations.

1 Like

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Explorers(m): 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
Diablo666:
in The movie “THE CORE“, was about this topic. quite interesting.
explorers have you seen it?

Yea, ive seen it bro.
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by oludavis123: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
Does that mean the bed of hell is located at the core of the earth?
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by chiraqDemon(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
Gofwane:
yes oh. Abeg, carry shovel and start digging let me go and buy one tanker of kunu for us cheesy
... Acan't wait to leave naija. China, here we come baby!
The money wey u for spend to drill e nor for betta make u trek ur two leg de go china cheesy angry
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
I have wondered severally how the outside of the universe looks like. What has an inside surely has an outside. The more I think about it, the more my head scatter. The greatness of the creator of this world cannot be overemphasized.

9 Likes

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Interesting15: 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
Davidhero:

Wow, am amazed.

Hw did d gold get there?

It's a mystery to the most intelligent scientists.

It means there is a Supreme Creative Being somewhere that made all things.

It can only be God.

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all.

3 Likes

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
Demigods666:

Let me tell you one

There are treasures in the earth but guided by demons so humans can't access it except through father Satan.

if satan is your father; you are doomed

1 Like

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by ephi123(f): 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
With the type of threads you create and you trying to convince me you're not a science student is just unbelievable,all the same weldone...I love your threads,you're part of the sane 10% on nairaland

cheesy
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
jerry447:
if satan is your father; you are doomed

Son don't let anybody deceive you okay.

If Yahweh is your father then you need to break free from mental mind slavery and make Research deeply on the truth of the Jewish Bible.

I would have created a thread on it but it would be a waste of time, so if ever in doubt.

Type in this keywords on Google "Exposing the Jewish Bible"

And read, they will definitely make sense to you and make you think.
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
Interesting15:

It's a mystery to the most intelligent scientists.
It means there is a Supreme Creative Being somewhere that made all things.
It can only be God.
All things bright and beautiful All creatures great and small All things wise and wonderful The Lord God made them all.
There is truly a creator

3 Likes

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by southernbelle(f): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Interesting
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
Demigods666:

If Yahweh is your father then you need to break free from mental mind slavery and make Research deeply on the truth of the Jewish Bible.

I would have created a thread on it but it would be a waste of time, so if ever in doubt.

Let me tell you, The God of the bible is real, i have a personal relationship with him. Sincerely accept jesus as your lord and personal serviour for 2days, if you do not see changes in your life, i will follow your way:: MARK MY WORD
Demigods666:

Let me tell you, The God of the bible is real, i have a personal relationship with him. Sincerely accept jesus as your lord and personal serviour for 2days, if you do not see changes in your life, i will follow your way:: MARK MY WORD
Demigods666:

3 Likes

Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
jerry447:
Let me tell you, The God of the bible is real, i have a personal relationship with him. Sincerely accept jesus as your lord and personal serviour for 2days, if you do not see changes in your life, i will follow your way:: MARK MY WORD Let me tell you, The God of the bible is real, i have a personal relationship with him. Sincerely accept jesus as your lord and personal serviour for 2days, if you do not see changes in your life, i will follow your way:: MARK MY WORD Let me tell you, The God of the bible is real, i have a personal relationship with him. Sincerely accept jesus as your lord and personal serviour for 2days, if you do not see changes in your life, i will follow your way:: MARK MY WORD

I have been a Christian right from birth bro.

Don't let the Jews or anybody deceive you, I say it again.

Have you seen Jesus physically to prove he is the real God?

We satanists have had encounters countless of times with Satan, he comes to us, we see him, we see the Gods of hell, they are very lovely beings, we have spiritual guidance who we see and interact with, unlike you xtian who never see the Angels Thay protect you like they claim.

Wake up bro.

Even the whites when bring xtianity no they carry the matter for head because they know it's only but a tool.

Believe me or not.

That's your own cause.

I am already fast becoming fully a God.

All I desire in life all coming to me.

So I'm not bothered if you don't believe what I tell you because you are too lazy and weak minded to find and accept the truth.

That's your own problem.
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Goddys(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
Demigods666:

Let me tell you one

There are treasures in the earth but guided by demons so humans can't access it except through father Satan.

After the hard knock those demons gave you through mellin, you still went back.I will love to hear your side of story and how the experience has been..and what about your friend mellin?
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
Goddys:
After the hard knock those demons gave you through mellin, you still went back.I will love to hear your side of story and how the experience had been..and what about your friend mellin?

Hahaha.

My side of the story?......

Go to mellin thread, page 120, the last post there.

And as for mellin, we are not friends.

I don't know him personally, and I don't care to know him.

Father Satan and the Gods of hell direct my path always.

I'm back.

Stronger.

Better.
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
Demigods666:

I have been a Christian right from birth bro.

Don't let the Jews or anybody deceive you, I say it again.

Have you seen Jesus physically to prove he is the real God?

We satanists have had encounters countless of times with Satan, he comes to us, we see him, we see the Gods of hell, they are very lovely beings, we have spiritual guidance who we see and interact with, unlike you xtian who never see the Angels Thay protect you like they claim.

Wake up bro.

Even the whites when bring xtianity no they carry the matter for head because they know it's only but a tool.

Believe me or not.

That's your own cause.

I am already fast becoming fully a God.

All I desire in life all coming to me.

So I'm not bothered if you don't believe what I tell you because you are too lazy and weak minded to find and accept the truth.

That's your own problem.
i will keep praying for you, only the pure in heart will see God
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
Explorers has really made his name.
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
jerry447:
i will keep praying for you, only the pure in heart will see God

grin

Use your energy to do something productive.
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Goddys(m): 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
Demigods666:

Hahaha.

My side of the story?......

Go to mellin thread, page 120, the last post there.

And as for mellin, we are not friends.

I don't know him personally, and I don't care to know him.

Father Satan and the Gods of hell direct my path always.

I'm back.

Stronger.

Better.

If you are back and stronger, create your thread as mellin did, and let's see the subtlety satan applied to woo and capture ur mind. You are from a strong Christian background, why deviate.. All that glitter is not gold my friend
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by RetroBoy: 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ximonak:
digging through is not even the biggest issue, it's handling the Core and the effects of it. There are possibilities of

1. molten magma(and it's even hotter ) coming out through the earth to th surface just like volcanos because of temperature difference.

2. low or no gravity at the core, meaning weightlessness problem.
3. the drilling through the core could cause Expansion (shift in Underground rock formations) indirectly cause quakes or plate shift etc

I remember watching a Hollywood film where people do transport from one place through the earth centre to another part o the earth. when getting o the centre weightless effect was added just too. can't remember the name of the movie
I don't think weightlessness occurs at the Earth's core.
Remember that gravitational pull, or gravity is a function of distance from Earth and between another celestial body, such as the Moon.
If anything, gravitational force should be more the deeper you go.
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by yom2(m): 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
herald9:
You mean if we dig through the centre of the earth 6738km X2, that we can actually burst in China? Does it mean the solid part of the earth is 'floating'?
no, it means d earth is spherical like a fifa foothball. Push a stick through it frm one side and it comes out on d other side
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
freshvine:
If you dig down if that is even possible, you'll find yourself flying in outer space.

If you walk on a straight line toward the end of the earth, you'll soon fall off into outer space.

Scientists stop confusing us that one will land in another country grin
End of the earth? Do you think the earth is flat or what? I'm confused
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
Goddys:
If you are back and stronger, create your thread as mellin did, and let's see the subtlety satan applied to woo and capture ur mind. You are from a strong Christian background, why deviate.. All that glitter is not gold my friend

I know bro.

I already created my thread.
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by oluwasegun007(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
try it and am sure u'll bliv d primary school saying dat hell fire is under ground..... grin grin grin
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by irewolepeter(m): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
Explorers:
There is enough gold at the core of the earth to cover the surface of the planet in 12’ to 13’ depth.

Unfortunately, it’s 1,800 miles below our feet and at many thousands of degrees in temperature.

Source?

Or I don't believe
Mind you am a geoscientist
Re: Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? by Darkgini: 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello explorer and other fascinating folks,

I am not a science student but my 9yr old son is so fascinated by scientific facts that he sometimes chooses to embarrass me. Lol

Returning from church today, I engaged him on about earth. My questions were genuine as it puzzles me too.

I asked the following questions:

Me: Why do you believe the earth is spherical
Him: He pointed up to the cloud and directed my gaze downward. In addition to some scientific jargon.

Me: so why do people on top not fall off. Do u mean if I continue digging I'll get to some other land? He explained something about us being on the earth and not in the earth and about how gravity holds everything in their position.

We went on and on but my point is not to relive our conversation but I'll appreciate if anyone will discuss this with us as well

Gosj01:
I did understand that the earth is round (Like a ball) So when we dig the earth to another country, are we going to pop up 4rm their sky?

cc: Explorers

#Orire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Stops Young Kenyan Inventor From Flying His Home Made Aircraft / Rainstorm Pulls Down A Mast In Ogba, As Thunder Storm Cut Down A Tree In Lagos / Yahya Usman Ahmad Constructs Airplane Model With Local Materials. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.