Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Antibiotic Resistance In Nigeria -the Reason Why That Infection Is Not Leaving! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Antibiotic Resistance In Nigeria -the Reason Why That Infection Is Not Leaving! (1278 Views)

What Kinda Infection Is This / Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others / What Type Of Infection Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Antibiotic Resistance In Nigeria -the Reason Why That Infection Is Not Leaving! by synaptium: 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2016

Antibiotics are unique drugs.
They are not like any other class of drugs.
50 years from today,the cholesterol drugs we have today will work just as well as they are working now.
The Cancer drugs we have today we work just as well as they work today.
Antibiotics are the only class of drugs, that the more we use the more rapidly we loose. The More you use antibiotics, it becomes less effective.
That is the essence of Antibiotic resistance.
Enter the Pharma Companies who should dedicate whole teams to developing new antibiotics, they have relegated this to the bottom.
Infact even Pfizer who was the last of them, have completely now shut down the research arm on antibiotics.
Why?
Cos its not profitable.
Why make antibiotics, that should you be used once and be curative for an infection, when you can make cancer, diabetes or high BP drugs that a patient keeps buying for a lifetime.
They please the shareholders and now,
Pneumonia has developed resistance
Gonorheaa has developed resistance
Staph has developed resistance
KPC has developed resistance
Tuberculosis has developed resistance
E.coli has developed resistance
Malaria has developed resistance
Candida has developed resistance
Typhoid has developed resistance
And Many Others . . .
What does this mean and how does it concern you bah?
I am sure at one time or the other in your life you or someone you know and love has contracted anyof the above conditions.
What did they do? Swallow antibiotics or took injections and got better.
Now if you get a resistant strain of any of the following you will most likely die.
Why cos once an infection becomes resistant to multiple drugs aka PAN resistant.
Then you are messed up.
Espcially if that infection gets into your blood.
No capsule, pill or injection will work and you will die.
You may think ok, its far away. It cant happen to me.
I visited a Doc Friend and asked him about resistant STD's and he said,
Emeka, i have had over 9 cases in the past months. Nothing we give them for the staph is working.
As a planet we are heading to a major depopulation by infectious diseases mainly because our ANTI BIOTICS ARE NO LONGER WORKING!
Anti biotic resistant conditions, kill more than HIV in a Year.
You dont believe me,
Google Antibiotic Resistance Lagos
Google Antibiotic Resistance ibadan
Google Antibiotic Resistance Calabar
Google Antibiotic Resistance kano
Its real. We are in deep shit!
Watch out for part 2.
Re: Antibiotic Resistance In Nigeria -the Reason Why That Infection Is Not Leaving! by freesinzu(m): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
grin
Re: Antibiotic Resistance In Nigeria -the Reason Why That Infection Is Not Leaving! by toyeoye(m): 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
it's time we switch to alternative medicine
Re: Antibiotic Resistance In Nigeria -the Reason Why That Infection Is Not Leaving! by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2016
Funny thread
When I contacted it then,anti biotics nearly ruin my life ....
Until I explained the whole scenario to my mum and she took me to one iya maria.....(local herbal shop)..

You won't believe we spent only 1500 naira and I cooked the herbs with OMIDUN(pap water).....

And till today,,notin like infection......

Better don't waste your time on laboratory chemical,go for herbal and natural stuffs not some chemical equations.... grin grin
Re: Antibiotic Resistance In Nigeria -the Reason Why That Infection Is Not Leaving! by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 09, 2017
Funny thread
Until I explained the whole scenario to my mum and she took me to one iya maria.....(local herbal shop)..

You won't believe we spent only 1500 naira and I cooked the herbs with OMIDUN(pap water).....

Better don't waste your time on laboratory chemical,go for herbal and natural stuffs not some chemical equations.... grin grin

Gud for u.
Re: Antibiotic Resistance In Nigeria -the Reason Why That Infection Is Not Leaving! by MrCuteking(m): 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
Funny thread

(1) (Reply)

HELP! I Can't Get An Erection. / For your ULCER, acid reflux & Stomach bloating you need this ANTACIDS / Full Body Massager + Slippers + Hand Gloves + Therapy Pads Call 08054611414

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.