Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Hey! Are you searching for a spouse? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hey! Are you searching for a spouse? (361 Views)

"Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective / Searching & Sharing Chat / Fulfilling Your Role In A Struggling Marriage As A Christian Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hey! Are you searching for a spouse? by Malc(m): 12:18am On Sep 12, 2016
BEFORE YOU PRAY FOR A SPOUSE ..

When you choose to pray over a matter scripture clearly instructs you on ,you are mischievously living in disobedience .

For example ,before you start praying whether a brother or sister is " Gods will " for you in marriage ,kindly know it's really up to you .

Paul gives just one admonition in this regard

1 Corinthians 7:39 KJV
[39] ..she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

This rules out none believers .

To marry ONLY in The Lord ,has no specific person called Gods will but rather specific issues you consider before settling for any .

You didn't receive any brother or sister as an inheritance in Christ to be married to ,so several can fit into or not fit in..

As earlier said ,the non believer is totally out .
However ,there are others

1 Corinthians 5:11,13 KJV
[11] But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
13] But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

A licentious person who lives like a non believer and in open sin.
It's no need praying over it whether he or she is the right person .
They are not .
Also ..those with false doctrines or better still have varying spiritual convictions

Romans 16:17-18 KJV
[17] Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18] For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

You are to avoid .
Furthermore ,unruly church folks who disobey spiritual authority aren't to be considered .

2 Thessalonians 3:14-15 KJV
[14] And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
15] Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

An un accountable brother or sister is a no no even if he or she posts scriptures regularly on Facebook .

Again those with the love for money ..

1 Timothy 6:5 KJV
[5] Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Who see money as godliness .They can't be right choices too.
This is so because scriptures teach strongly on good company

From Solomon..
Proverbs 13:20 KJV
[20] He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

To Paul

1 Corinthians 15:33 KJV
[33] Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Paul contextually was dealing with doctrine .
Marry someone with the same doctrinal persuasion .

This is without prejudice to other natural issues like cultural ,academic ,physical,pursuits compatibility etc which require common sense not prayers .

You can open your eyes and ears and take note of these .
However ,before you start praying or fasting or asking your prayer contractors for prophecies ,open your heart to Gods word clearly written .

Then you will see if its Gods will or not .
I call you blessed

Onayinka olusegun

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Matthew Kukah To President Buhari / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / I Never Said Adeboye, Oyedepo Are Fake Men Of God – Oluwo Of Iwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.