Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise (18655 Views)

Why Can't PMB Fulfil Even A Single Promise; NYSC Batch B Stream2 Now March / The State Of Nasarawa State Corpers Lodge (Photos) / Wike Increases Rivers Corpers' Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by airsaylongcon: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
avalontony:
grin grin grin grin grin...... Some peeps that passed out in 2013 have not been paid the so-called state alawee.

Please don't wait for the state alawee

My brother, I don't know why these RV/15B are really worrying themselves. The last batch paid was RV/12A and these were paid by Amaechi just before 2015 election

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by andaxon: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
baridamhoney:
It all seems like yesterday when the Batch B corpers were registering for the mandatory National Youth Service Corps(NYSC). Many of us were happy to choose the 3rd richest state in Nigeria (RIVERS STATE) because we quickly want to explore the opportunities that life has for us. After our Orientation camp, we discovered that all corpers were compulsorily made to teach in schools except Doctors and Lawyers who were called upon to work with government institutions. Many Corpers that were posted to the city of port harcourt to work with the state government were neither paid nor given accommodation. Majority of us were made to rent "face me I face you" apartments, at a cost of nothing less than 70,000 naira per year, self contain begins from 160,000 naira before you will be told to pay for drink fee, agency fees, and some other ancillary financial commitments that will make you scream WHAT THE HELL! ,and the likes
High cost of Transportation. A lot of us spend nothing less than 200 naira per day to get to our place of primary assignment (PPA). Some living far spend almost 500 naira per day for 5 times a week. (still in this 19,800 naira paid by the Federal Govt. )
Utility bills like NEPA, water and the like still need to be paid for. And with the increment on electricity tarrif, some of us are paying as high as 5000naira per month.
The corpers, most especially the ones living in port harcourt city "have been living through their noses". The most annoying part is that when you tell a person outside Rivers state that you are serving in Port Harcourt , what you will hear are praises like "baba ooo", "big boy/girl", "oil money corper" and you are like what are you saying.

STATE GOVT ALLAWEE PROMISE
It was a thing of joy for every Corper serving in Rivers state when Governor Wike promised to increase the state allowance to 10,000 and 15,000 Naira per month for people serving in port harcourt city and rural areas respectively. This publication was made on various newspapers. Below are links to the promise http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/23/wike-says-rivers-government-will-immortalise-slain-corper-increases-monthly-allowance/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/rivers-approves-100-per-cent-increase-corps-members-allowance/
The least of us was already calculating 120,000 Naira at the end of the service year for a thank you package. However, we have realised that ever since the PUBLIC PROMISE was made, we have not heard anything about it.

WHY WE DESERVE THE STATE ALLAWEE
It should be noted that the Corpers have taken part in a lot of activities in the growth of the State of which a few are;
1. The organisation of the election that brought the current government in office. (even though a corper was killed as a result of the election violence and some injured) we were still able to conduct the election.
2. We engage in charity campaign. Different CDS Groups have been to motherless babies home to encourage and also provide relief materials for the orphans. (out of our personal contributions)
3. We create awareness campaign. We go to villages and schools to educate the people on deadly diseases and how to prevent them.
4. We also help in taking away criminals. I will like to appreciate the lawyers serving in Rivers State Ministry of Justice. No body outside will ever believe that they were paid nothing with the way they do their work diligently. Am sure their law school fees must have cost them a fortune.
5. We also help in preaching the gospel of christ in the rural areas of Rivers state through various means of evangelism. The Jesus Corpers have done a super great job in preaching christ in every local government and villages of Rivers state through "Rural Rugged"
6. The doctors have been doing a great deal of work in saving the lives of Rivers state people. We work day and night to save lives.
7. Life in Rivers state is too expensive. And most of us live on loan pending the 19,800 federal government allowance. Imagine using 19,800 to pay transport yourself to your ppa, pay your utility bills, feeding (where the cheapest meal is N250), and other out of pocket expenses we incur.
In conclusion, we use this opportunity to remind our Amiable Governor not to forget the promise he made to us after the death of Late Samuel Okonta (of blessed memories) during the rerun election http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/rivers-re-run-nysc-confirms-killing-corps-member/.
Our hopes were further allayed when we discovered that the Batch A corpers that passed out in April 2016 have not been paid their state allowance after 5 months. NOW WE BATCH B CORPERS HAVE LESS THAN 28 DAYS TO GO AND NOTHING HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT OUR STATE ALLOWANCE. We want the Governor to use His good office to pay us our allowance as promised. As the saying goes "every labourer after work must get paid"

#WikeFulfilAllaweePromise

Oga Batch B and C of 2014 haven't collected a dime. So bros, abeg get in line cos itz gonna be a long wait
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by 4by4(m): 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
Rivers state as not paid corpers since 2013.......i serve there in 2014/2015 batch A in Akoko-Toru local government Abonnema in a community call Abissa. Abisa community have no light,no drinking water and u get to Abissa after about an hour plus on d sea....We stayed and served there all in d name of NYSC......Till today rivers state government have refuse to pay corpers. In my view NYSC is just a waste of time.
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by benzems(m): 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
My Dear
dont cry too much
Batch B 2012/2013 Rivers State
have not be paid

By Amaechi
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by Godfardar: 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
Well, Ameachi did the same thing as a governor in 2012-2014. He promised to pay state allowance of which he did not pay. Till now the State is still owing the corp members...

Governors and their cheap lie to win cheap popularity....

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by littlemistress: 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
iffah hear say states dey pay alawee., in this recession. only fed. alawee sure. Thank God for some of us with good ppa. thank God I didn't relocate to river state. cheesy
Y'all should suck it up. service year ain't ment to be all round fun. Under the sun or in the rain. cheesy
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by Taryur3(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
chocolateme:
It is really very disheartening because it goes a long way to portray that the government of a nation can hardly take care of its own.
It means they are not capable of taking care of the younger generation since they can owe the pensioners (our old papas and mamas), civil and public servants. (Our parents in active services) and now the Corpers (future leaders and youths of our generation)
Tell me, how do we go forward? Anyway, God will always take care of his own.
Rotimi Ameachi caused this hook up.nobody can blame Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
When and why did wike promise to increase the said allowance?

A corp member was killed during election violence, The Governor came to meet a jubilating crowd because a "bribe" was "Promised"

Naija my country.
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by Harinholar(f): 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
grin
littlemistress:
iffah hear say states dey pay alawee., in this recession. only fed. alawee sure. Thank God for some of us with good ppa. thank God I didn't relocate to river state. cheesy
Y'all should suck it up. service year ain't ment to be all round fun. Under the sun or in the rain. cheesy
....littlemistress u are sighted grin........under d sun and in d rain indeed...**tenk God say u no relocate u for knw say e no easy.....

#KOGI state sef no well.....Na manage we dey manage am
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by elmisti(m): 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
Tell Willie of anambra to pay boys too
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by littlemistress: 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Harinholar:
grin....littlemistress u are sighted grin........under d sun and in d rain indeed...**tenk God say u no relocate u for knw say e no easy.....

#KOGI state sef no well.....Na manage we dey manage am
bae..wassup. I relocated ooh. twas just God's doing & calculation.. it'll soon be over grin No state is sane in this economy, they're still struggling with their civil servants. corpers are merely serving their fatherland. even here in delta., I guess it's only those in ASaba that'll be paid at the end of service year that's if they even pay. As for those In rural areas., story for the gods. Make God just help person cheesy
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by hgnbello(m): 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
economy ix hard.. Bt wike do d needfull. Lord help..
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by Maxcollins042(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
andersonbaba:

like Really
Rivers!!! a oil rich state. small states like Ogun state, Oyo, Gombe, Zamfara, Osun, etc are paying their corpers
Ogun state is paying NOTHING and seeing Osun state their got me laughing. Like seriously are you serious?
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by InvertedHammer: 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
The fact is that Nigeria is overpopulated.

There is not enough money to go around or take care of 180m people.

I guess that's why ebola was introduced to burn through the population but was thwarted.

Suckers won't stop procreating.
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by kenkel: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
I served in ph 2012 nd was posted to one secondary schl, I handle two classes ss1 nd ss2 everyday yet at d end amaechi did not pay us d state alawee, d truth is they r using corpers in dat state, check all d secondary schools in ph halve of d teachers thr r corpers quote author=TheLawTheLegal post=49288877]It is very disheartening indeed. The amount a corps member spends on transportation in Rivers State is more than 8000 in a month, just to go to their PPA.

The Gov raised the hope of these corps members and now he is reneging on his Promise. I don't want to believe that he made that promise just to score some cheap political gains.

To think that Enugu State pays corps members #10000 per month and an oil rich state like Rivers State pays nothing, is disheartening.

One donald1111 is busy ranting that the Corp members should leave the governor alone and go and work for money. Does he know that 98 percent of Corp members in Rivers State are posted to government schools where they have to go to school almost on a daily basis? Do you know how many of them that have been issued query for missing CDS?

The annoying part is the level of insecurity in Rivers. The way Corp members are robbed is not fair. A friend told me how his phone was stolen and after one month of buying a new one, he was accosted by three men who slapped him and collected the new phone.

Amaechi stopped this payment when he was governor because of the issues he had with Jonathan and the fact that he needed money to sponsor Buhari. And now Wike wants to follow that wicked line.

The love I have for Wike will die a natural death if he doesn't fulfill his Promise.

NYSC does not serve any useful purpose. It should be scrapped.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by 1Dray(m): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
andersonbaba:

like Really
Rivers!!! a oil rich state. small states like Ogun state, Oyo, Gombe, Zamfara, Osun, etc are paying their corpers

Gombe? You mean N1,000 per month when they finally started pay.
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by Daniyomex(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
anibi9674:
my state no get money. is rivers state the only state that is not paying state allowance? abeg leave my governor alone, he is thinking about PDP chairmanship.
I pray he won't develop hypertension from thinking about a failed party leaving his primary assignment undone.
PDP & APC, no difference. Thesame set of liars and propagandist.
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by segepol10(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
Same thing apply to all of us(2015 batch A corp members) that served in osun state. Upon all our effort to the state, we didn't paid a dime for the whole service year, even to the extent that some of us acted as a class teachers. All what we heard was that Ogbeni we pay all our money after our service year.
Five months have gone still counting.
So my advice for the incoming corper is to choose wisely concerning there state of deployment.
OSUN no dey PAY OOOO
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by hilsocial(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
Cross River is yet to pay too. Funny enough they are paying just 3k a month and they are owing. The good thing here is that you must not teach unlike Rivers. God bless former Enugu State governor for proving states can pay coppers without owing.
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by mactoni91(m): 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
Enugu hasn't payed for 7months now
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by Sultanchidi(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
andersonbaba:

like Really
Guy if u don't know wat to say just shut up, am a batch b corper currently serving in Osun state.Aregbesola is not paying anything, a governor dat pays half salary to civil servants
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by ehinja: 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
This is the sorry norm amongst our leaders and public office holders. They lie their way to office and while in office at every given opportunity.
Never stopping to think about what they are saying and promising. The fact that they always get away with it is probably why it is a way of life for them.

chocolateme:
It is really very disheartening because it goes a long way to portray that the government of a nation can hardly take care of its own.
It means they are not capable of taking care of the younger generation since they can owe the pensioners (our old papas and mamas), civil and public servants. (Our parents in active services) and now the Corpers (future leaders and youths of our generation)
Tell me, how do we go forward? Anyway, God will always take care of his own.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by EdoBoy90(m): 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2016
andersonbaba:

like Really
. People who not are in Osun state will tell u osun state is paying corpsers

I am currently serving in osun state and osun is not paying. in fact, Gov. Rauf Aregbesola is owing his workers salaries and if he wants to pay he will pay half salaries. He just paid his state workers June salaries.

You are the dullest guy I have ever seen who is speaking from his anus.

Lalasticlala and Mynd44, if you ban me again I will leave narialand for you and Mr. Seun.
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by katerine7(f): 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
andersonbaba:

like Really
please remove osun from dat list
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by teawhy2788(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
Dnt mind Wike o,na d same promise he promised us o! All his promise na scam o! I rep Rivers batch C 2014 corpers

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by teeking: 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
My advice for most of the corpers and intending corper to stay away from Rivers state or to redeployed inother to save them from politicians promises. Rv14A1862. Ogu/bolo lga.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by opefid(m): 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
kenkel:
I served in ph 2012 nd was posted to one secondary schl, I handle two classes ss1 nd ss2 everyday yet at d end amaechi did not pay us d state alawee, d truth is they r using corpers in dat state, check all d secondary schools in ph halve of d teachers thr r corpers quote author=TheLawTheLegal post=49288877]It is very disheartening indeed. The amount a corps member spends on transportation in Rivers State is more than 8000 in a month, just to go to their PPA.

The Gov raised the hope of these corps members and now he is reneging on his Promise. I don't want to believe that he made that promise just to score some cheap political gains.

To think that Enugu State pays corps members #10000 per month and an oil rich state like Rivers State pays nothing, is disheartening.

One donald1111 is busy ranting that the Corp members should leave the governor alone and go and work for money. Does he know that 98 percent of Corp members in Rivers State are posted to government schools where they have to go to school almost on a daily basis? Do you know how many of them that have been issued query for missing CDS?

The annoying part is the level of insecurity in Rivers. The way Corp members are robbed is not fair. A friend told me how his phone was stolen and after one month of buying a new one, he was accosted by three men who slapped him and collected the new phone.

Amaechi stopped this payment when he was governor because of the issues he had with Jonathan and the fact that he needed money to sponsor Buhari. And now Wike wants to follow that wicked line.

The love I have for Wike will die a natural death if he doesn't fulfill his Promise.

NYSC does not serve any useful purpose. It should be scrapped.

This is wickedness!
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by opefid(m): 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
teawhy2788:
Dnt mind Wike o,na d same promise he promised us o! All his promise na scam o! I rep Rivers batch C 2014 corpers

He must fulfil his promise this time around.
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hmm..
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by ThePornisher: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
katerine7:

please remove osun from dat list

Lmao@ remove grin
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
teeking:
My advice for most of the corpers and intending corper to stay away from Rivers state or to redeployed inother to save them from politicians promises.
My thoughts exactly.
PCMs should just boycott Rivers State.
Re: Rivers State Corpers' Pain: A Plea to Gov. Nyesom Wike to Fulfil Allawee Promise by prodiG(m): 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
andersonbaba:

like Really
Ogun doesn't pay a dime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corpers How Do You Manage Your N19,000 (Alawe) Monthly / Wike Builds 500 Capacity Auditorium For NYSC In Rivers State / Corper Dies Of Heart Attack In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.