Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Arrested Suspect Speaks: “I Joined Armed Robbery To Raise Money For Burial” - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arrested Suspect Speaks: “I Joined Armed Robbery To Raise Money For Burial” (435 Views)

I Went Into Armed Robbery To Raise Money To Start My Church - Suspect / Offa Banks Robbery: Son Of NADECO Chieftain, Ayo Opadokun Among Arrested Suspect / Our Victim Didn’t Have N10m Ransom, So We Took His Heart – Arrested suspect(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arrested Suspect Speaks: “I Joined Armed Robbery To Raise Money For Burial” by wilfredadahor: 10:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
Read News,Search jobs,Sell your properties on Nigeria Classified Site http://ng./

Description

A 46-year-old truck driver, Obi Ebong, who was arrested by the police in Ikotun area of Lagos, has claimed that he went into robbery to raise the money for his sister’s burial.
It was learnt that Ebong was arrested by the Zone 2 Police Command for armed robbery and murder, which he and seven others allegedly carried out in Ajao Estate area of Lagos on May 28.
Apart from Obong, other members of the gang are
Aniete Akonnah, Promise Friday, Happiness Promise, Silas Effiong, Monday Udoh, Ifedinachukwu Iwuola and Sumaila Umar.
On August 23, 2016, at about 1am, police received information that the robbery suspects broke into a warehouse in the Ikotun area of Lagos State.
It was gathered that the gang stole aluminum sheets, cartons of tomatoes and paper reams worth N22m from the warehouse.
They were reportedly arrested by the Zonal Anti-Kidnapping Unit while they were about escaping from the area.
The eight suspects thereafter confessed to robbing the warehouse on Ajao Estate, where they killed one of the security men, whose name had yet to be ascertained.
According to the police, tinned fish and cans of tomatoes, as well as motorcycle and bicycle spare parts were recovered from the suspects after their arrest.
Speaking with Punch, Ebong, who hails from Akwa Ibom State, said his role was to load goods into his truck, adding that he was not aware the gang members killed a security man during operation.

continue reading from source click to view pics http://www./ads/arrested-suspect-speaks-i-joined-armed-robbery-to-raise-money-for-burial/

(1) (Reply)

. / Sad Story:as Nigerian Man Obinna Ezeoke Charged With Murder Of Woman And Her Nep / She’s Crazy Abi? See Young Lady Pictured Smoking Weed And Reading The Bible (see

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.