Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding (26692 Views)

Things We Went Through Using Phones 2005-2011 Throwback / Using Phones While Charging - Phone Explodes & Destroys The Face Of A Nigerian / Rating Nigerian Celebrities Using Phones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Joel3(m): 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
Samsung has warned owners of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone to stop using the device or exchange it urgently since it runs the risk of exploding.

The South Korean company recalled 2.5m phones last week following reports that some units had caught fire during or after charging. One six-year-old from New York was reportedly using a Galaxy Note 7 to watch videos on Saturday when it burst into flames, causing burns to his body.

His grandmother Linda Lewis told the New York Post: “He doesn’t want to see or go near any phones. He’s been crying to his mother.”

Samsung has said that battery problems are responsible for the explosions but that it cannot be sure at this stage which of the phones it has sold are affected.

In a statement the company introduced a product exchange program that allows all owners to trade their devices for a new one.

“We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note 7, we strongly advise that you replace it.”

“Until a replacement device is provided, Samsung asks all customers with a Galaxy Note 7 smartphone to power down your device and return it to its place of purchase at your earliest opportunity,” the statement added.

Users who don’t follow Samsung’s recommendations may find their device, which only launched last month, remotely deactivated. Unconfirmed reports stemming from a Reddit thread have suggested that Samsung will brick affected Note 7s starting as soon as 30 September. Smartphones typically have a remote kill switch to deter would-be thieves.

As a safety measure, airlines across the US started to warn passengers to avoid switching on or charging their Note 7s during flights, in line with advice from the Federal Aviation Authority.

Customers can trade their Galaxy Note 7 for a new version of the smartphone that isn’t faulty or they can choose a different model of smartphone, including the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge, and receive a refund for the price difference between devices. To sweeten the inconvenience, Samsung is also issuing US customers with a $25 gift card.

The company’s share price has plummeted in response to the recall.

Samsung did not respond to requests for comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/12/samsung-galaxy-note-7-safety-risk-explosion

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Joel3(m): 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
seun, lalasticlala. this phone should be ban from our petrol filling stations and other critical area.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by pators(m): 11:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
another lie from tecno fanboy
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by yanabasee(m): 11:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
Been using ma samsung 7s since I got it and ion think it's among the affected products so far!!!

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 13, 2016
Hmmn.
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by ikombe: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2016
Boko haram don take over the phone grin

Boko come and take responsibility of what is happening to this phone grin

7 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Julietcutie(f): 11:33am On Sep 13, 2016
hmm
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2016
Major recall.
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by GloShare(m): 11:34am On Sep 13, 2016
Please where will Samsung dispose all the phones they retrieved?

I want to go and pack some at packer's risk.

Let's tell you the truth about MMM... Send a message.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 13, 2016
Lmao their testing department must be in the deepest of sh*ts

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 13, 2016
Joel3:
seun, lalasticlala. this phone should be ban from our petrol filling stations and other critical area.

Bros, small-small abeg grin
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by freshness2020: 11:35am On Sep 13, 2016
Person use him money go buy sIED (self improvised explosive device)
Hence, anybody with such gadget is a suicide bomber suspect. grin grin
Lol

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by SIGE(m): 11:35am On Sep 13, 2016
It is cases like this that makes me fall in love with my nokLa touch light (chinko version) grin

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by obaival(m): 11:36am On Sep 13, 2016
To them
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by emerged01(m): 11:36am On Sep 13, 2016
Using your money to buy wahala
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by zeekz(m): 11:36am On Sep 13, 2016
pators:
I bow for the level of ignorance on this forum, how you actually think this is a stunt is beyond me. this info has been making the rounds all over the internet for over a week and you still don't believe it, nairalanders please visit other credible sites besides nairaland so you won't be left behind.

36 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by StephanieLuv(f): 11:37am On Sep 13, 2016
GloShare:
Please where will Samsung dispose all the phones they retrieved?
I want to go and pack some at packer's risk.

grin grin grin Am short of words, a TRUE Nigerian. I salute you.

21 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Lero15(m): 11:37am On Sep 13, 2016
If it were tecno or infinix, abuses go plenty

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by sotall(m): 11:37am On Sep 13, 2016
k
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 13, 2016
pators:

Receive sense

31 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by fr3do(m): 11:38am On Sep 13, 2016
cgnfg
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by pippimp(m): 11:38am On Sep 13, 2016
yanabasee:
Been using ma samsung 7s since I got it and ion think it's among the affected products so far!!!

The replacements are coming in this thursday. I would advice you turn it in and get a new one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by landinfo: 11:39am On Sep 13, 2016
Since last week, The US safety agenccy has been warning their citizens unlike the. Foolish NCC in 9ja
Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 13, 2016
pators:

what is dis 1 saying
dnt u read d news. D phone exploded and destroyed a man's car in Florida and u are here saying jargons

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by chymavis(f): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2016
yanabasee:

The report says _ Galaxy Note 7

11 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by FunkyMetahuman: 11:39am On Sep 13, 2016
Chai

So many people going to Lose their job cos of this..

Still enjoying my note 4

Best Samsung note so far

9 Likes

Re: Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 13, 2016
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax / LG Set To Unleash It’s Rollable OLED TV In 2019 (Photos) / Free Blackberry Unlocker. Stop Begging For Code. Do It Urself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.