Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong (1400 Views)

Please Any Remedy For Stammering / HERBS For Permanent Cure For STAMMERING/STUTTERING / Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong by nicebuch: 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2009
My question may look funny but its very essential.
I'm totally disturb by my stammering tong, and
it has hinders a lot of things from me.
please is there anyone with any idea or recommendation
for the cure of stammering tong.

Please any useful information will be highly appreciated
Re: Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong by dani1luv: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2009
Yep I have

Drink petrol and smoke weed . . .
cool
Re: Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong by phraoh(m): 1:53am On Oct 10, 2009
nicebuch:

My question may look funny but its very essential.
I'm totally disturb by my stammering tong, and
it has hinders a lot of things from me.
please is there anyone with any idea or recommendation
for the cure of stammering tong.

Please any useful information will be highly appreciated

Speak more slowly.
Re: Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong by dominique(f): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2009
you can try speech therapy
Re: Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong by sofadj(m): 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2009
few drug therapy exists for stuttering
but some speech therapy and fluency shaping training exist

generally these usually involves prolonged speech in the absence of anxiety,
this is based on psychotherapy --------OPERANT CONDITIONING

A gentleman who had stammered from childhood to nearly manhood, gives the plan that cured him, as follows: He-says, go' into a room where you will be quiet and alone, get some books that will interest but not excite you, and sit down and read 2 hours aloud to your-self, keeping your teeth together. Do the same thing every 2 or 3 days, or once a week if very tiresome, always taking care to read slowly and distinctly, moving the lips but not the teeth. Then, when conversing with others, try to speak as slowly and distinctly as possible, and making up your mind you will. not stammer. Well, I tried this remedy, not having much faith in it, I must confess, but willing to do most anything- to cure myself of such an annoying difficulty. Iread for 2 hours aloud with my teeth together. The first result was to make my tongue and jaws ache, that is while I was reading, and the next to make me feel as if something had loosened my talking apparatus, for I could speak with less difficulty immediately. The change was so great that every one who knew me remarked it. I repeated the remedy every 5 or 6 days for a month, and then at longer intervals until cured.

Remarks.—It will be found tiresome at first, but, no doubt effectual if faithfully done, observing the rules, to speak slowly and distinctly in after conversation as well as while reading; and I should think it important also, for some time at least, to keep the teeth shut while talking, as it gives something new to engage the mind in place of the old habit of hesitation which started the habit of stammering. 'Tis worthy of a fair, and if need be a long trial.
Re: Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong by IniUbom(m): 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2009
hearing aid
Re: Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong by mamagee6(f): 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2009
No.
Re: Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong by posakosa(m): 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2009
use the pee of a snail. it works.
Re: Is There Any Remedy To Stop A Stammering Tong by Dclique(m): 12:01am On Oct 11, 2009
Speak slowly and try not to argue or get angry frequently.

(1) (Reply)

Doctor In The House: A Dermatologist / [PHOTO] Will You Eat This Type Of Chicken? / Simple And Natural Ways To Have Pink Lips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.