Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Wedding, Marriage Or What? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wedding, Marriage Or What? (635 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wedding, Marriage Or What? by chasewordz(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
It's about time some truth is said and passed on to the next generation and hope they learn a thing or two. It's heart breaking when I read through the print media and find some alarming stories of how what we claim to be love turns into a social media mess that wasn't even meant to be associated with a third party in the first place. Marriage no doubt is an institution, but only meant to be attended by the husband and wife who exchanged vows, swearing to an everlasting life together. But then, that's not what even breaks my heart the most, what really does is the response to it. I turn on my internet and visit some of my favorite blogs and there it is; fingers been pointed and they blame it all on "Domestic Violence" while the problem on actual fact lies with us.

Truth be said, most people today get married for the wrong reasons. Now tell me how such an institution is suppose to produce good grades when the foundation is faulty. And if I may, I will like to relate that to our educational system because I remember vividly well in my first year where scholars with the highest jamb score couldn't even pass a single arithmetic test. Its just so sad how we lay so much emphasis on the wedding and not the marriage. We are so concerned with what he got stocked in the bank, forgetting it won't be too long before he finds someone just as beautiful and sex satisfying as you.

Well, for me, I will not miss it at the point of marriage because https://kingsolomonsmine..com.ng/2016/09/wedding-marriage-or-what.html ...continue reading

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Edo Monarch Gets One-year Suspension / Yoruba/pidgin Translation.. / Are You Happy That You Were Circumcised? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.