Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,786 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize (821 Views)

Stephanie Linus Receives Her AMVCA Car Prize For Best Movie Awards(photos) / Malala Yousafzai: Journey To The Nobel Peace Prize / First African Woman To Win Nobel Peace Prize Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize by kizi: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2009
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8298580.stm

Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize 

US President Barack Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.

The Nobel Committee said he was awarded it for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

There were a record 205 nominations for this year's prize. Zimbabwe's prime minister and a Chinese dissident had been among the favourites.

The laureate - chosen by a five-member committee - wins a gold medal, a diploma and 10m Swedish kronor ($1.4m).

"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," the Norwegian committee said as the prize was announced.

"His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population."
Re: Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize by phraoh(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2009
International diplomacy and co-orperation btw which people.America and d rest of d world, puuleeezz,
Re: Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize by semid4lyfe(m): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2009
@ phraoh

Are u psychic cos u just spoke my mind.
Re: Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize by ohisng(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2009
Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize? Ha!! That is absurd and a very idiotic trick! My grandfather prevented war from happening in my village. Is he not eligible to win an award also?
Re: Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize by phraoh(m): 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
semid4lyfe:

@ phraoh

Are u psychic cos u just spoke my mind.

10X,i cant stand all dis sychophancy any more,
Re: Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize by eddy1977(m): 1:46am On Oct 12, 2009
dont be surprised if i win a nobel prize as well, just like with Obama, its so simple to win a nobel prize : "do nothing and run your mouth", you will win it.

i am just concerned with Obama's crap. will he compromise the chances of other capable black folks to run for president?? God help him to fix at least 1 small thing and use it as a reference for his second term.

(1) (Reply)

Micheal Jackson's Estate:: Dad Accauses Will Administrators Of Fraud. / Beyonce And Her Metallic Finger / Michael Jackson Alive And Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.