Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Will Nigeria Be Better For Her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will Nigeria Be Better For Her (1302 Views)

How To Help Children And Raise Them To Be Better Citizens In Society / Being The Sole Breadwinner Is Bad For A Man’s Health – But BETTER For A Woman’s / From ‘for Better For Worse’ Vow, To Death Sentence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by jamal080(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
Pls I need ur ADVISE ! ADVISE ! ADVISE !
Am married to a Nigeria woman who is a British citizen for 9 yrs, with two children.in which the two kids had their british citizen passport after their mother. We both reside in Nigeria.

She had been working with fedral govt now for 7th yrs but her pay is less #30,000 monthly. As husband my job had nt been going on fine.

We struggle day in and day out to pay our children school fees, house rent even @ times to eat is very hard for us.

I now advice my wife to make use of our status to treavel as a british so that things will be fine but she refuses saying that since its fedral govt job she doesn't want to treavel.

And this problem continues everyday, and the house was nt in order.

Pls what should I do
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by dacovajnr: 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
Don't try to force her to do what she doesn't want to do coz you'll end up creating more problems for your already troubled family..if you don't stop pestering her she'd think you're tryna use her to get that passport and dump her when you eventually get wah you want..Oga Leave her alone as only she has the Final say on this not you!! undecided
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by thorpido(m): 7:55am On Sep 15, 2016
What qualifications do you have?Have you tried to improve on it or acquire new skills to bring in more Income for yourself?
If your wife earns just N30,000 per month and you really don't earn much yourself,I think it might be better to explore what you could make out there in Britain.
I'll advise you keep persuading your wife to give it a trial but it all depends on her and what she desires.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 15, 2016
Why doesn't your wife want to travel to the UK?
What are her reasons
How did she get her British Citizenship?
Are there any sick relatives?
Has she lived in the UK before?
If so, did anything happen?
The reasons for her not wanting to travel may be related to the answers to these questions.

You need to find out what the issues are, as it seems odd that someone with British Citizenship will not take advantage of it. Yet is struggling with kids school fees etc.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by jamal080(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
Why doesn't your wife want to travel to the UK? She is scare of not getting job easily ,shes also seening that her persent job as career job
How did she get her British Citizenship? She was born in uk
Are there any sick relatives? NO
Has she lived in the UK before?Yea, for 10 yrs
If so, did anything happen? No her parent move back to Nigeria to settle down .
The reasons for her not wanting to travel may be related to the answers to these questions. Her reasons is base on here job presently, bcus its feb. govt job. and some people advise her that is not going to be easy for her out there.......

and i really want to know her chances out there before anything also.......
pls help me....
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
Sorry bro, but I dont think that you should be relying on her income, or citizenship for your future. Try and get something doing. The responsibility to take care of your family is all yours, not hers.

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by jamal080(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
@Farmerforlife........u cant understand. somebody like u jst come here to bluff but nt willing to learn new things. Pls a readable person should help .
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by ijeshaboy: 6:27am On Sep 20, 2016
thorpido:
What qualifications do you have?Have you tried to improve on it or acquire new skills to bring in more Income for yourself?
If your wife earns just N30,000 per month and you really don't earn much yourself,I think it might be better to explore what you could make out there in Britain.
I'll advise you keep persuading your wife to give it a trial but it all depends on her and what she desires.
how old are u?
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by thorpido(m): 7:01am On Sep 20, 2016
ijeshaboy:
how old are u?
Just 16yrs.angry

4 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 20, 2016
thorpido:
Just 16yrs.angry

grin grin grin
Nairaland has turned me into just laughing out loud just all of a sudden.
People think I am mad
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 20, 2016
jamal080:
Why doesn't your wife want to travel to the UK? She is scare of not getting job easily ,shes also seening that her persent job as career job
How did she get her British Citizenship? She was born in uk
Are there any sick relatives? NO
Has she lived in the UK before?Yea, for 10 yrs
If so, did anything happen? No her parent move back to Nigeria to settle down .
The reasons for her not wanting to travel may be related to the answers to these questions. Her reasons is base on here job presently, bcus its feb. govt job. and some people advise her that is not going to be easy for her out there.......

and i really want to know her chances out there before anything also.......
pls help me....

Yes its not easy in the UK but the you both have a headstart as a citizen and she doesnt have to worry about papers
Its not easy moving anywhere and all change comes with some degree of hardship
but that is a price one has to pay for a better outcome
You guys need to sit down and look at all the pros and cons and make a decision
Also get as much information as you can regarding jobs & careers etc
If you do decide to move to the UK, you may also both want to learn a trade where you can get cash in hand jobs to tide you over until you get a job e,g hairdressing, tailoring, catering, baking, event decorating etc

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by Onegai(f): 7:32am On Sep 20, 2016
Jamal080, some people don't want to live abroad. It can be due to a number of reasons: not being comfortable, fear of starting over, isolation, bad stories about what happens to marriages etc. Your case is dire, you can barely eat, barely send your kids to school and that Federal Govt salary is meagre (she must be below level 10) and not going to grow anytime soon. And she has benefit of free school and Healthcare. But what will you guys do when you get there, whom will you stay with, do you have contacts to explain the system? Are you planning on living on benefits for the rest of your life? How strong is your marriage? One can't just throw up everything and leave, have a plan and some small savings to last you 6 months. Maybe sit down with her and discuss these things and find a good contact and brush up on your skills and hers. England isn't that great for jobs for new migrants but you can sort yourself out with the right information and God's favour.

Some people are very afraid of starting afresh. I know a lot of dual citizenship holders who have good things going on here and know that at the point they are in their lives, starting afresh won't work. Same as some people who relocated back to Nigeria without a good plan and fell flat on their face.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by thorpido(m): 7:32am On Sep 20, 2016
tearoses:

grin grin grin
Nairaland has turned me into just laughing out loud just all of a sudden.
People think I am mad
LOL grin
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by Onegai(f): 7:34am On Sep 20, 2016
thorpido:
Just 16yrs.angry

What does a SMALL BOY LIKE YOU know about such weighty matters, hmm grin better go and find a Tonto Dike thread with the rest of your mates grin grin or go and write JAMB tongue

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by thorpido(m): 10:24am On Sep 20, 2016
Onegai:

What does a SMALL BOY LIKE YOU know about such weighty matters, hmm grin better go and find a Tonto Dike thread with the rest of your mates grin grin or go and write JAMB tongue
I've written JAMB ma but I'm awaiting results.I'm here to while away time.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 20, 2016
jamal080:
@Farmerforlife........u cant understand. somebody like u jst come here to bluff but nt willing to learn new things. Pls a readable person should help .

Ok, sorry. Next time mention specifically that you only want favorable opinions, so that I will not 'bluff' on your thread, whatever that means.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by tokswealth01(f): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]sorry for wat, been married doesnt mean all responsibity should be shifted to the man alone. marriage is beyond blabbing. two can play the games that d rules. i only need u to be objective. check d complains n the present situation of nigeria now. is that handsome to u? so in every contents make sure u check subject n object very well. bcus dey play different rules pals. compliments sorry for wat, been married doesnt mean all responsibity should be shifted to the man alone. marriage is beyond blabbing. two can play the games that d rules. i only need u to be objective. check d complains n the present situation of nigeria now. is that handsome to u? so in every contents make sure u check subject n object very well. bcus dey play different rules pals. compliments
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by blank(f): 1:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Chaircover/tearoses has deactivated? I must have been gone too long.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Better For Her by tokswealth01(f): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
i dont understand @ black

(1) (Reply)

In The Other Room. / Mini Leather Couch Set Forsale / My Husband Mistress Sent Me Their Nudes,i Feel Like Ending His Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.