Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) (5003 Views)

Access Bank - Useless Bank / UBA - Useless Bank Of Africa. This Act Is Criminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by great664(m): 11:22am On Sep 15, 2016
Honestly I am nothing short of frustration that prompted me to make this post and caption it this way. I have made a decision to kill or be killed today at their branch in Terminus, Jos today if they refuse to refund my N3400... Glad I avoided same story with N25,000 yesterday .

HOW IT HAPPENED.

I did an airtime top up on Quickteller using my Zenith bank card on May 6 2016, I was debited N1400 and saw no card , I called their customer care (The dullest CC on planet earth) and they assured me that it will be revised after 24hrs which I believe.

I called after 3days and another CC told me i should wait 5-7 working days that I should disregard what the first CC told me. I kept my chill and waited till 7days turn over a month..

I kept calling but the most annoying part is Zenith bank will keep you on hold for minutes before answering and they are aware that its not a Toll free line.

I had experience with Ecobank that the money was not reversed till date which was why I dumbed them like an ex and also encourage anyone close to me or I meet to boycott their bank and services. I promise myself that if I will use the Zenith 1400 to call I don't mind, what I only care about is for them to refund me.

I called Quickteller customer care (The Best CC I have been privilege to talk with) and they check and send a message to Zenith informing them of the transaction but Zenith Bank never replied to any of the mails.

Quickteller CC will call me sometime to know if the money has been revised , they will send an update to Zenith and in each mail they copied me so I was aware of all the mails they send almost everyday (Screenshot below) to zenith CC and they never reply Quickteller or me.

This goes on for over 2Months, I kept calling them and it was still same promise of 5-7 working days every time the last promise expired. Quickteller called me last month to know of the update and I told them it was the sane so they encourage me to visit any of their Branch and complain to them.

In August, called Zenith CC and the lady was rude on phone and said why they have not done it is no direct message from me that I should forward the mails to CardService@ZenithBank and it will be resolved which I did and it was still same. My problem with them is after several mails to different zenith staff from Quickteller they don't reply, its ethically wrong(Check screenshot for the list of Zenith Bank Staff email handle which received but never replied)

The truth is where I am currently serving to Zenith Bank is over N500 for transport (Kudedu -Terminus). I manage to go to their Branch at Terminus and as usual they ask me to fill a form which I did and the CC with same training promise 5-7 working days.

Since then I have been avoiding online transaction with my Zenith bank, I only use GTB and Access, I once use GTB for a transaction n when i got issue with a transfer that was done on SUNDAY, it was resolved after calling them that same day and they even called me back to confirm it. That's how CC are suppose to be trained.

Yesterday being 14/09/16 I wanted to transfer 25k to someone, I lost my GTB card so they deactivated the card I am now left with Zenith bank (Don't wanna touch Access if you grab) but I was reluctant to use it so I settled on going there to withdraw and pay directly (You see stress).

I went to their branch at Terminus to withdraw and made the transfer (Cash) and decided to use the opportunity to talk with their CC about my pending 1400 and she replied that its not in her hand that she has scan and message their HQ I should wait more (I have waited over 4 months now).

I left the bank peacefully, at night my Sub exhausted as I use it to Stream Champions League matches so I decided to buy airtime with my Zenith again so I can buy data,l.

I login Quickteller to purchase N1000 airtime to subs. and after providing OTP, the thing failed, i tried again the second time and it failed so I just logout and wanted to sleep but I can't, no alert of debit but my mind was troubling me .

I decided to do a quick top up of N100 for mtn by dialling *904# (I use etisalat for data) not that i dont have airtime but just to make sure there was no debit in the former 2 that failed, and it was successful but I got 3alerts once, of 1000 1000 and 100 deduction coming last.

My fear was confirmed but as usual of waiting for 3, 5-7 working day, I won't do that again as they have failed to reverse the previous ones after 5months.

In this recession time, Zenith want to play with my money either I kill 5 of their staff today or they kill me (joking sha but I go disturb their bank today) or they refund my N3400 and laugh over it else something bad go happen.

I am writing this just to sign my death or their death warrant enough is enough... If they are not ready for Online transaction they should quit as the world is moving fast, imagine me paying over 1000 transport plus road risk and time wasted to transfer money because of fear which I can do with other banks without fear mostly GTB and Access..

Images below. From Quickteller email to Zenith Bank to last night Debit alert of N2000.

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by great664(m): 11:26am On Sep 15, 2016
Seun, Lalasticlala please check and move to the appropriate section and pls move to the permanent site as you may be saving life or lives today. Thank You

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by bigtt76(f): 11:26am On Sep 15, 2016
Till date I can't use my Zenith Bank card for local transactions because the CC don't know anything about enrolling my card for OTP. I have stubbornly refused to use the token from any bank angry These days better you buzz them on Twitter, they will respect and respond to you better and faster #UselessBanks

great664:
Honestly I am nothing short of frustration that prompted me to make this post and caption it this way. I have made a decision to kill or be killed today at their branch in Terminus, Jos today if they refuse to refund my N3400... Glad I avoided same story with N25,000 yesterday .
HOW IT HAPPENED.
I did an airtime top up on Quickteller using my Zenith bank card on May 6 2016, I was debited N1400 and saw no card , I called their customer care (The dullest CC on planet earth) and they assured me that it will be revised after 24hrs which I believe.
I called after 3days and another CC told me i should wait 5-7 working days that I should disregard what the first CC told me. I kept my chill and waited till 7days turn over a month..
I kept calling but the most annoying part is Zenith bank will keep you on hold for minutes before answering and they are aware that its not a Toll free line.
I had experience with Ecobank that the money was not reversed till date which was why I dumbed them like an ex and also encourage anyone close to me or I meet to boycott their bank and services. I promise myself that if I will use the Zenith 1400 to call I don't mind, what I only care about is for them to refund me.
I called Quickteller customer care (The Best CC I have been privilege to talk with) and they check and send a message to Zenith informing them of the transaction but Zenith Bank never replied to any of the mails.
Quickteller CC will call me sometime to know if the money has been revised , they will send an update to Zenith and in each mail they copied me so I was aware of all the mails they send almost everyday (Screenshot below) to zenith CC and they never reply Quickteller or me.
This goes on for over 2Months, I kept calling them and it was still same promise of 5-7 working days every time the last promise expired. Quickteller called me last month to know of the update and I told them it was the sane so they encourage me to visit any of their Branch and complain to them.
In August, called Zenith CC and the lady was rude on phone and said why they have not done it is no direct message from me that I should forward the mails to CardService@ZenithBank and it will be resolved which I did and it was still same. My problem with them is after several mails to different zenith staff from Quickteller they don't reply, its ethically wrong(Check screenshot for the list of Zenith Bank Staff email handle which received but never replied)
The truth is where I am currently serving to Zenith Bank is over N500 for transport (Kudedu -Terminus). I manage to go to their Branch at Terminus and as usual they ask me to fill a form which I did and the CC with same training promise 5-7 working days.
Since then I have been avoiding online transaction with my Zenith bank, I only use GTB and Access, I once use GTB for a transaction n when i got issue with a transfer that was done on SUNDAY, it was resolved after calling them that same day and they even called me back to confirm it. That's how CC are suppose to be trained.
Yesterday being 14/09/16 I wanted to transfer 25k to someone, I lost my GTB card so they deactivated the card I am now left with Zenith bank (Don't wanna touch Access if you grab) but I was reluctant to use it so I settled on going there to withdraw and pay directly (You see stress).
I went to their branch at Terminus to withdraw and made the transfer (Cash) and decided to use the opportunity to talk with their CC about my pending 1400 and she replied that its not in her hand that she has scan and message their HQ I should wait more (I have waited over 4 months now).
I left the bank peacefully, at night my Sub exhausted as I use it to Stream Champions League matches so I decided to buy airtime with my Zenith again so I can buy data,l.
I login Quickteller to purchase N1000 airtime to subs. and after providing OTP, the thing failed, i tried again the second time and it failed so I just logout and wanted to sleep but I can't, no alert of debit but my mind was troubling me .
I decided to do a quick top up of N100 for mtn by dialling *904# (I use etisalat for data) not that i dont have airtime but just to make sure there was no debit in the former 2 that failed, and it was successful but I got 3alerts once, of 1000 1000 and 100 deduction coming last.
My fear was confirmed but as usual of waiting for 3, 5-7 working day, I won't do that again as they have failed to reverse the previous ones after 5months.
In this recession time, Zenith want to play with my money either I kill 5 of their staff today or they kill me (joking sha but I go disturb their bank today) or they refund my N3400 and laugh over it else something bad go happen.
I am writing this just to sign my death or their death warrant enough is enough... If they are not ready for Online transaction they should quit as the world is moving fast, imagine me paying over 1000 transport plus road risk and time wasted to transfer money because of fear which I can do with other banks without fear mostly GTB and Access..
Images below. From Quickteller email to Zenith Bank to last night Debit alert of N2000.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by great664(m): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2016
bigtt76:
Till date I can't use my Zenith Bank card for local transactions because the CC don't know anything about enrolling my card for OTP. I have stubbornly refused to use the token from any bank angry These days better you buzz them on Twitter, they will respect and respond to you better and faster #UselessBanks

Thinking they are targeting just me. I hate their CC more than Hate itself

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by Nightie(f): 11:31am On Sep 15, 2016
Archaic bank lipsrsealed. I jst dnt lyk d bank sha

2 Likes

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by jerryunit48: 11:35am On Sep 15, 2016
O boy you get time o , after few attempts just enter one of their branches and naked completely believe me they will answer you

2 Likes

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by great664(m): 11:39am On Sep 15, 2016
jerryunit48:
O boy you get time o , after few attempts just enter one of their branches and naked completely believe me they will answer you

Lol, have that in mind today

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by Israeljones(m): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2016
Once bitten twice shy...i feel ur pain bruh...but in the process of trying to get ur money back. Yu av spent more than what they collected(stole) from you on calls and transport.....
Alot of people have gone tru this rip off too but they dont know what to do next or who to meet...just imagine those in the same situation as the op who cant even express themselves like what the op has done...

This is just a replica of those telecommunication company deducting one airtime for no reason..it seems this is the new way this company fund their cashflows now...because there is no law in Nigeria that currently deals in details with this type of shady transactions...

This reminds me of the hollywood movie MONEY MONSTER which has pointed out this problem...
The problem here is that this rubbish will continue for a number of years and nothing will still not be done to curb this crime...
Op i wud love know wea dis end tho..

2 Likes

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by abhosts(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2016
Zenith is a good Bank but are poor with Regard to their Cards Services. Last year, I made a Failed 16,150 DSTV Payment but was debited. I felt it would be an easy issue to resolve since it involved their GlobalPay Payment Gateway and my Zenith MasterCard. I kept on calling for about 2 months but got nothing but promises upon promises. I stopped calling about 15months ago thinking they would eventually do something but till now they have not reversed my Payment.

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by great664(m): 11:58am On Sep 15, 2016
Israeljones:
Once bitten twice shy...i feel ur pain bruh...but in the process of trying to get ur money back. Yu av spent more than what they collected(stole) from you on calls and transport.....
Alot of people have gone tru this rip off too but they dont what to do next or who to meet...just imagine those in the same situation as the op who cant even express themselves like how the op has done...

This is just a replica of those telecommunication company deducting one airtime for no reason..it seems this is the new way this company fund their cashflows now...because there is no law in Nigeria that currently deals in details with this type of shady transactions...

The hollywood movie MONEY MONSTER has pointed out this problem...
The problem here is that this rubbish will continue for a number of years and nothing will still not be done to curb this crime...
Op i wud love know wea dis end tho..

You ate right Bro, but I don't care about the money u use in getting the money back, all. I want is for my money to be revised not minding how much I spend, etisalat tried it with me just N50 they later gave me bonus of 3 mins national cals and 5 SMS as compensation cuz they can't refund the N50 which I rejected too till their CC call to beg... MTN knows me already and can't Bleep with me. Will soon go to their branch at Terminus, Jos I will keep this post updated

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by great664(m): 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
abhosts:
Zenith is a good Bank but are poor with Regard to their Cards Services. Last year, I made a Failed 16,150 DSTV Payment but was debited. I felt it would be an easy issue to resolve since it involved their GlobalPay Payment Gateway and my Zenith MasterCard. I kept on calling for about 2 months but got nothing but promises upon promises. I stopped calling thinking they would eventually do something but till now they have not reversed my Payment.

Wait till 10yrs they won't revised it, that's how foolish they are and how they use to broadcast Billions of Profit... Just imagine

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by itoese(m): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Zenith bank is living on its past glory. I have abandoned my account because of the manner customers are attended to. I now use the bank only when there is no other immediate option. Hope the management will do something about this.

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by great664(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
itoese:
Zenith bank is living on its past glory. I have abandoned my account because of the manner customers are attended to. I now use the bank only when there is no other immediate option. Hope the management will do something about this.

Done with my chores now on my way now. To see how foolish they are I even copied a link to their Twitter account and they couldn't contact me to confirm or defend themselves... Their customer care lack training
Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by great664(m): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2016
It was war in their bank yesterday .. As I entered and started shouting they started pleading to keep my voice down which I declined, I later went upstairs with them and they just kept me there for over 10mins saying they are working on it, that I should fill another form which I refuse.

I told them I need the money cash and not leaving the bank until its done, after the 10mins elapse, I went downstair and when no one will talk to me I seized their door customer can come inside again..

One of the security confronted me and we started fighting to the point of I was ready to destroy everything there .

They call the police attach to the bank outside and they came in to drag me out. Which I refuse until some people started saying I should go with tbem .

We went outside and instead of police to reason well they started speaking thrash like they will beat me arrest me or turn it that I came to rob the bank.

I was just laughing at them that they should start while the waiting, though a female bank worker and one of the security were professional through out the whole drama and I commend them for that.. But one stupid man that's a banker was saying rubbish, that how is he sure that those CC I have been calimg are zenith CC, or that the emails to Zenith bank or card service is wrong or fabricated... Just imagine.

The policemen pushed me outside and I saw two soldiers across, I went to meet them and when I was still updating them on what's up the bank security came to call me that I should fill the form and leave the stress.

I declined that even if I want to fill the form I will not fill it outside as and he said oga said I should not come back inside. I was just waiting for the close of day then I will beat the security very well for disturbing me when I lock the door...

He later left and came back again that they I should come back in, the soldiers later ask me to go so they will resolve it..

I went in and after Filling the form, I let the know that I will be coming back today if i don't receive any alert of both transaction...

This morning they called me that the N1400 has been reversed and that they are still working on the 2000. So it rakes them just Non Working hours to process what they couldn't do for over 4months.

Though I haven't gotten an alert but they assured me it has been done. Sometimes violence pays. "After Chaos comes Order"

CC:
itoese
abhosts
Israeljones
Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by kinswhite(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2016
Indeed some things are worth fighting for
Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by computerboy: 11:56am On Sep 16, 2016
Zenith is still learning. Try Ecobank and you'll wonder why CBN gave them licence
Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by Israeljones(m): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
great664:
It was war in their bank yesterday .. As I entered and started shouting they started pleading to keep my voice down which I declined, I later went upstairs with them and they just kept me there for over 10mins saying they are working on it, that I should fill another form which I refuse.

I told them I need the money cash and not leaving the bank until its done, after the 10mins elapse, I went downstair and when no one will talk to me I seized their door customer can come inside again..

One of the security confronted me and we started fighting to the point of I was ready to destroy everything there .

They call the police attach to the bank outside and they came in to drag me out. Which I refuse until some people started saying I should go with tbem .

We went outside and instead of police to reason well they started speaking thrash like they will beat me arrest me or turn it that I came to rob the bank.

I was just laughing at them that they should start while the waiting, though a female bank worker and one of the security were professional through out the whole drama and I commend them for that.. But one stupid man that's a banker was saying rubbish, that how is he sure that those CC I have been calimg are zenith CC, or that the emails to Zenith bank or card service is wrong or fabricated... Just imagine.

The policemen pushed me outside and I saw two soldiers across, I went to meet them and when I was still updating them on what's up the bank security came to call me that I should fill the form and leave the stress.

I declined that even if I want to fill the form I will not fill it outside as and he said oga said I should not come back inside. I was just waiting for the close of day then I will beat the security very well for disturbing me when I lock the door...

He later left and came back again that they I should come back in, the soldiers later ask me to go so they will resolve it..

I went in and after Filling the form, I let the know that I will be coming back today if i don't receive any alert of both transaction...

This morning they called me that the N1400 has been reversed and that they are still working on the 2000. So it rakes them just Non Working hours to process what they couldn't do for over 4months.

Though I haven't gotten an alert but they assured me it has been done. Sometimes violence pays. "After Chaos comes Order"

CC:
itoese
abhosts
Israeljones
Lolzz.. Thats the way to go bruh...
If you had not made ur intentions known through that mini violence, they wouldnt av given yu so much attention like they did.
I wonder why they would tell yu the 1400 had been reversed but you havent seen any alert yet,,, what kinda invisible reverse is that?
Just pay attention to details and dont allow them trick you into believing anything untill every kobo must have bin reversed...
Goodluck bruh

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by Lindx93(f): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2016
I am definitely thinking of leaving that bank as soon as I start making more than enough money because I can't risk my investment with them. they have this bossy and very non chalant attitude towards their customers like they can do without them. If I have my way I will just abandon that bank today, today. it's only a matter of time. I have heard so many good things about GTB nd that is where I am porting to because that is the leading bank at the moment. Zenith bank sorry u guys are living on past glories!!!
Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by HealthSecrets(m): 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2019
Wow! what a drama.� Is Zenith still having this issues in 2019? This is 3 years later. I want to know because I just opened an account with them
Re: The Most Useless Bank In Nigeria Is ZENITH BANK (proofs) by queenblossom(f): 10:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
Yours is even small. I wake up one Friday morning g and discovered 10k has suddenly disappeared from my UBA account. I waited till monday if they will revert it but they never did. I went to UBA bank and met with d customer care to know where my 10k has disappeared to. She ran up and down and came back to me that I should wait for 10days that the money will drop with a lien . up all today am still looking for my 10k. Not as if I did any transaction or transfer of 10k for it to suddenly disappear from my account.
Nigeria is a shit hole country.

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Fund My Solidtrustpay Account / As A Nigerian, How Can I Open Clickbank.com Account As A Vendor Or Affiliate? / A New Form Of Credit Card For TBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.