Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,500 members, 7,840,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

1peter 4 Vs 18 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1peter 4 Vs 18 (451 Views)

HEBREWS 4 VS 15 / A Life Without Christ Will Be Full Of Crises. Mathew 1 Vs 18-end (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1peter 4 Vs 18 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
And If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? THIS IS A QUESTION FOR U AND ME

2 Likes

Re: 1peter 4 Vs 18 by Scholar8200(m): 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
Zizaboni:
And If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? THIS IS A QUESTION FOR U AND ME
Indeed, a food for thought and a poser for self examination plus a technical knock out for pundits and purveyors of Eternal, unconditional security!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1peter 4 Vs 18 by malvisguy212: 12:35am On Sep 16, 2016
I Peter 4:17-18
“For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous
scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly
and the sinner appear?”

The Church world is leading this generation to
judgment.

1 Like

Re: 1peter 4 Vs 18 by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 16, 2016
True.
malvisguy212:
I Peter 4:17-18
“For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous
scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly
and the sinner appear?”

The Church world is leading this generation to
judgment.
Re: 1peter 4 Vs 18 by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 16, 2016
The wrath of God abides on them that do not believe in the Son of God (John 3:36) and if anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed (1 Cor 16:22). ... the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: 'The Lord knows those who are His,' and, 'Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.' (2 Tim 2:19). The scripture clearly calls for living a holy life for sanctification. Super grace or no grace the whole bible never once permits sin neither did God. It goes beyond profession of faith in Jesus Christ. Believers bear fruits and this is evident in a completely transformed lifestyle by the power of God.

I honestly grieve for these hyper grace 'faith alone-Jesus-plus-nothing' heretical doctrines that tacitly encourage sinful living. If any 'christian' does not feel grieved after sinning, even by telling a simple lie, then the person isn't saved to start with. Jesus says 'They honour me with their lips but their hearts are far away from me' (Matt 15:cool Also '...narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it' The scripture also says the righteous are barely saved...These verses clearly support that the many majority who will call Lord Lord would be condemned and Jesus would say 'depart from me, I knew you not'.(Matt 7:21-23).

I am a pentecostal but I must say the pentecostals and charismatics really ran away with it. How can scripture start meaning now what it never meant 1800 years before?. What nonsense we see daily in the name of christianity, why won't people who once believed turn atheists in droves and blaspheme the name of God because of these charlatans? (Rom 2:24). Many of these preachers know they have signed up for hell so they hide the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ from their massive following - Well, it won't be popular anyway if the true gospel is preached.

Jesus never preached seed money doubling rather He was angry when the temple was used for such purposes. He even gave warnings about the deceitfulness of worldly riches and money towards eternal life 'What would it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?'(Mark 8:36) 'You cannot serve God and money'(Matt 6:24) '...the deceitfulness of riches...'(Matt 13:22). How can a christian say Jesus became poor so that we would become rich? Is that what Jesus came to die for? and the apostles, did they also get martyred for you to become rich?

I believe this is exactly what is happening in pop christianity today: 'The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness' (2 Thes 2:9-12)

And just in case someone might say 'well, these many no fruit bearing christians cannot all be condemned then they certainly don't know God and His wrath, if not they would know that the world would have been destroyed if NOT for one man's obedience. Indeed, it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Heb 10:31)

'Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”(1 Peter 1:13-16)

Every believer should take it upon themselves to search the scriptures OT and NT for answers to these questions: Who is God, really? Who is Jesus Christ? What are His attributes? Do I want to worship Him for who He is or have I created, perhaps unknowingly, an unbiblical god of my imagination that is there to grant all my desires? What is the gospel? Then, maybe then we would know that salvation through Christ Jesus is certainly NOT the foundation for 'idolatory' prosperity BUT the ONLY HOPE to save man from the wrath of God.(John 3:36)
Not so much is said about the Holy Spirit probably why many claim inspiration of the Holy Spirit to teach heresies and commit all sorts. But I believe if we know so much about what the scriptures describe God as (the attributes), not just the stories and message, then we would easily discern who and what is by inspiration of the Holy Spirit because He is one God. Also, not everybody gets all the gifts of the Spirit, but whoever has the Spirit of God manifests the fruits.

Work out your salvation with fear and trembling (Phil 2:12)

'Desire without knowledge is not good; and whoever acts hastily, blunders' (Prov 19:2)

May God have mercy upon us.
Re: 1peter 4 Vs 18 by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 16, 2016
Jesus Christ promises and the bible supports eternal security. But the problem is that people who usually hold on to that are not even saved to begin with. Anyone living in sin, walking according to the flesh, the bible is clear on that, will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Scholar8200:
Indeed, a food for thought and a poser for self examination plus a technical knock out for pundits and purveyors of Eternal, unconditional security!

(1) (Reply)

MS Dhoni Movie Review Rating / Confronting Your Fears... 7 Fears You Must Confront / What Is Between Heaven And Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.