Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Xiaomi Security The Best In Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Security The Best In Android (1174 Views)

Which Mobile Data Provider Is Currently The Best In Terms Of Cost & Reliability? / See The Top 10 New Features In Android Oreo 8.0 / How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Security The Best In Android by Nsonaso(m): 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ladies and country people I want to share my experience with Xiaomi Security.

I bought Xiaomi Mi Max 3GB RAM/32GB ROM few months ago after my Redmi Note 3 Pro was stolen.

It came with global ROM but I flashed it with Chines Developer ROM because Chinese ROM has lots of features that I like over the global ROM.

After using the phone for weeks the internal memory became filled up and due to the nature of my biz I can't sacrifice the second SIM for a Memory Card so I put it of for sale so that I can join money and buy a higher capacity version.

Lucky enough I found a buyer and decide to flash a global ROM for the person.

I didn't turn of my find my device and all that before flashing...

After successful flashing the ROM, I powered the device ON and I was ask to insert a SIM Card or Connect to Wi-Fi network. I also saw option to skip and I skipped it as I use to do with other Android device.

nearly to the last set up, the phone insist I connect to a network and I couldn't skip that last part, and I turned ON the Airplane Mode to know if I could skip it ...
And the phone displayed that the phone has already been registered with another Xiaomi account that I should enter the password to verify the device. (Even without the phone connecting to internet to check)

At this sage the phone was stocked No going back or forward...

Even when you press power down to restart, it will be covered by another message that the phone is locked so restarting wasn't possible.

And I said wow to Xiaomi

Peeps who said Android doesn't have security should come and see.

Re: Xiaomi Security The Best In Android by KuliMart: 8:20am On Sep 16, 2016
That's true. Any xiaomi phone with mi account attached to it cannot be restored without mi account access even after flashing.

You can always get Xiaomi phones from kulimart dot com.
Re: Xiaomi Security The Best In Android by gsparks01(m): 8:51am On Sep 16, 2016
You can always get an otg USB flash drive
Re: Xiaomi Security The Best In Android by KuliMart: 10:10am On Sep 16, 2016
gsparks01:

Yes, from kulimart smiley
Re: Xiaomi Security The Best In Android by Nsonaso(m): 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
gsparks01:
Not interested in anything external
Re: Xiaomi Security The Best In Android by ewerex(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=Nsonaso post=49394130]Ladies and country people I want to share my experience with Xiaomi Security.

I bought Xiaomi Mi Max 3GB RAM/32GB ROM few months ago after my Redmi Note 3 Pro was stolen.

It came with global ROM but I flashed it with Chines Developer ROM because Chinese ROM has lots of features that I like over the global ROM.

After using the phone for weeks the internal memory became filled up and due to the nature of my biz I can't sacrifice the second SIM for a Memory Card so I put it of for sale so that I can join money and buy a higher capacity version.

Lucky enough I found a buyer and decide to flash a global ROM for the person.

I didn't turn of my find my device and all that before flashing...

After successful flashing the ROM, I powered the device ON and I was ask to insert a SIM Card or Connect to Wi-Fi network. I also saw option to skip and I skipped it as I use to do with other Android device.

nearly to the last set up, the phone insist I connect to a network and I couldn't skip that last part, and I turned ON the Airplane Mode to know if I could skip it ...
And the phone displayed that the phone has already been registered with another Xiaomi account that I should enter the password to verify the device. (Even without the phone connecting to internet to check)

At this sage the phone was stocked No going back or forward...

Even when you press power down to restart, it will be covered by another message that the phone is locked so restarting wasn't possible.

And I said wow to Xiaomi

Peeps who said Android doesn't have security should come see

Any solution to this challenge?
Re: Xiaomi Security The Best In Android by Nsonaso(m): 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=ewerex post=51546747][/quote] YES if an only if you're the real owner of the phone

(1) (Reply)

Flagship Innjoo X2 Silently Debut - 3600mah Battery And More / How Many Smartphones Have You Used Till Date / It Is Finished For Blackberry, See The Message Received From MTN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.