Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects (34125 Views)

Rift Between Mikel Obi And Onazi Divides Super Eagles / Ainsley Maitland-Niles' Mother Is Homeless But He Lives In £700,000 Mansion / Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Blackberrybabes: 6:54am On Sep 16, 2016
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested the four men who allegedly robbed Mr. Wilson Onazi, the father of Nigerian footballer, Ogenyi Onazi.

The suspects are Kingsley David, Ebuka Ugochukwu, Joseph Ozo and Ali Audu.

Our correspondent had reported that the suspects on Monday attacked the home of the Onazis at the Government Reserved Area, Jos, Plateau State.

They were reported to have carted away several items, including a white Toyota Highlander and an undisclosed amount of money.

They reportedly inflicted machete cuts on Pa Onazi, who was admitted in a hospital after the incident.

PUNCH Metro gathered that after the robbery, the suspects moved to a bar in the community where they deliberated on what to do with the vehicle.

It was learnt that the four men took off for Lagos and lodged in Shibiri Hotel in the Ajangbadi area where they were arrested by policemen attached to the Ilemba Hausa Police Division after a tip-off.

A police source in the division told PUNCH Metro that the men were arrested around 7pm on Wednesday while they awaited a buyer for the vehicle.

He said, “We got a tip-off that some suspicious people had lodged in a hotel in the area. They had been bringing several people to inspect the vehicle at the hotel, but they did not get a buyer.”

The suspects, who were arrested along with one of the intending buyers of the car, Osita Eze, were paraded at the Lagos State Police Command headquarters on Thursday.

The leader of the gang, David, 24, a polytechnic graduate, said he lived close to the victim’s house and had monitored his movement, adding that they robbed him to celebrate Sallah.

He said, “We are all friends. We planned the robbery a week to the actual day. I live close to the man’s house and I sold the idea to my friends. Our intention was just to take his car for the Sallah break. I didn’t follow them into the house. I only pointed the place to them and they finished the job. It was after they were done that I joined them in the vehicle.”

Ugochukwu, 26, an indigene of Idemili, Anambra State, said the robbery was easy for them because only Pa Onazi was at home.

He said, “We discovered that the man is old and he lives alone in that big house. He does not stay with his wife or even house help. There was no security man guarding the house or any other form of security. We also robbed him because he does not help people.

“When we got to the house, we knocked the gate and pretended as if we wanted to deliver a letter to him from Lagos. While he was checking the letter, we brought out our cutlass. We just held him by the hand as he begged us not to harm him.

“We asked him to take us to his bedroom and he did. He said he didn’t have any money in the house, but we took his ATM card, which we couldn’t use because it had expired.

“He gave us N5,000. We also stole his vehicle. We didn’t touch him because of his advanced age; if we had touched him, he could have died.”

Ugochukwu blamed the incident on financial challenges, saying he had never robbed in his life.

The third suspect, 24-year-old Ozo, who claimed to be a graduate of a university in Plateau State, said the gang wanted money to celebrate Sallah, adding that he drove the vehicle to Lagos.

He said, “Kingsley (David) brought the idea. He said he knew Pa Onazi’s house, adding that we could rob him, take his vehicle and sell it in Lagos. They invited me because I can drive very well. I was promised a share of the money.

“We were not afraid because the car papers were complete. It was due to indecision between Kingsley (David) and Ebuka (Okechukwu) that delayed the sale.”

Another suspect, Audu, said his only role was to use the letter to distract the victim.

The intending receiver of the car, Eze, said he was introduced to the gang while relaxing in a bar, adding that they had yet to negotiate.

“After the meeting at the bar, I collected their contact and I went to meet them at the hotel where I met policemen,” he added.

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, Fatai Owoseni, said the suspects would be handed over to the Plateau State Police Command, together with the exhibits recovered from them.

He said, “We are passing a strong message that wherever a crime is committed in Nigeria, we will hunt the culprits. There is no hiding place for criminals in this country.”

http://punchng.com/easy-rob-onazis-father-lives-alone-suspect/

3 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Blackberrybabes: 6:55am On Sep 16, 2016
Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Mologi(m): 6:56am On Sep 16, 2016
bad boys

2 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Smellymouth: 6:57am On Sep 16, 2016
SARS don repent? grin

These dudes are still looking fresh..Dem nor touch dem or mend their faces..

Maybe it's because they confessed to the crime quickly..

If not, naso their faces for look ==>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2857646_andremayweatherfight_jpeg9589bb17a2a5db697d362c8717792285

74 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by englishmart(m): 7:00am On Sep 16, 2016
Nazi name una mate. Go and start playing football na. Or better still Pes

9 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Bobbysmart6(m): 7:03am On Sep 16, 2016
Black street boys grin

11 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Benjom(m): 7:10am On Sep 16, 2016
Funny robbers... You therefore wanted to teach him great lesson, abi?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by RealJaneDoe: 7:15am On Sep 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Redoil: 7:16am On Sep 16, 2016
we all knows times are hard but greediness don't pay

6 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Dinocarex(m): 7:16am On Sep 16, 2016
He hustled for his.
Go hustle for yours...

15 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by olanshile2016(m): 7:17am On Sep 16, 2016
and you think your silly excuse will save ya black ass from being jailed undecided smh

4 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by opeyemiieblog(m): 7:29am On Sep 16, 2016
gbam lobatan

1 Like

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by opeyemiieblog(m): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2016
lobatan

1 Like

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by spinna: 7:33am On Sep 16, 2016
See fine boys o..O God deliver us from this evil.

2 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by glamourroudy(m): 7:42am On Sep 16, 2016
And how is that their business?

2 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 16, 2016
See as these fine Bois just destroyed their lives x of petty cash

How can u go and rob an old man..is someone using ur destiny to grind pepper

17 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by santos876(m): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2016
I said it..........they no dey show home boiz love

1 Like

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by SweetBoyFriend(m): 9:06am On Sep 16, 2016
Stingy ??
Does he owe you ??

It's his money, he can decide to wipe his ass with all the money, you didn't work for him so why do you expect him to give you his money ??

21 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by MARKone(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2016

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by seapson(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2016
firstly,I blame Buhari...
secondly,I still blame Buhari

10 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by salabscholar01(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2016
OK

1 Like

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by vintino(m): 9:08am On Sep 16, 2016
wink7

1 Like

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by prinsam30: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2016
if he's stingy wetin concern una

na una money e take am stingy

15 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2016
See the fine guy self. What stops him from working hard and smart to make it. . undecided

2 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by Dezzx(m): 9:11am On Sep 16, 2016
grin
Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by otemanuduno: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2016
Nonsense. You robbed him because you are thieves.

4 Likes

Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by jazinogold(m): 9:11am On Sep 16, 2016
h
Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by agwom(m): 9:12am On Sep 16, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: We Robbed Onazi's Father Because He Lives Alone And Stingy - Suspects by leisuretym: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2016
Developing jos, these developers are plenty in Jos now, they robbed a bakery outlet, grocery stores, and a recharge card vendor at gun point, its there trade mark

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Asisat Oshoala With The Antetokoumpo Brothers / FIFA World Player Of The Year To Be Announced Today / Messi Wanted Me To Take It - Mbappe On Decision To Take Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.