Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. (19510 Views)

Some Mistakes Made By Those Who Fasts Ramadan And Perform Nightly Prayers 1 / 5 Common Mistakes When Dealing With Children / 7 Common Mistakes In Solah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Kazrem(m): 7:10am On Sep 16, 2016
Prayer is the key that unlocks all doors. It eases all perceived difficulties and strengthens the weak. It has the unimaginable power to change destiny and an inestimable strength to confirm and retain what has been achieved. The Prophet (SAW) says, "There is nothing that can change the destiny except prayer". Despite this, we tend to commit, among numerous others, 2 mistakes in praying to Allah (SAW)

1. We wait for trouble before we pray.
The prophet (SAW) says, "Whoever that wants his prayer to be answered at the time of trouble, should pray to Him at the time of ease". Here the Prophet is encouraging us to sow seed of prayers before we seek to harvest. He wants us to have a saving account full of prayer before the day we will want to withdraw. He does not want us to wait till when we will be in problem before we remember where out tesbeeh (rosery) and Qur'an is. But our brothers and sisters today, including this head, always wait till that day when he needs money, needs job, good wife and responsible husband before he seeks Allah's intervention. He does not feel the need to call upon Allah when not in any trouble. Again, if you want your prayers to be answered at the time of trouble, call Him at the time of ease.

2. We stop the prayer when our prayer is answered. Typical human, he forgets where he reaps after harvesting. Now your prayer is answered and your request is granted, you flee away from that prayer like you never did it before. Allah (SWT) says, "And when some hurt touches man, he cries to his Lord (Allah Alone), turning to Him in repentance, but when He bestows a favour upon him from Himself, he forgets that for which he cried for before, and he sets up rivals to Allah, in order to mislead others from His Path. Say: "Take pleasure in your disbelief for a while: surely, you are (one) of the dwellers of the Fire!".
Don't let this verse manifest in you. Don't stop that prayer forever. Once in a while, revisit the prayer and do it, if you cannot do it regularly again.

A poet says, "Be persisted in your prayer. Don't leave your wish. If you want solution to your ailment (problem), it is with Him (Allah)."

May Allah make us steadfast in our responsibilities to Him.

Jum'at Mubarak.

Written by KazRem.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2016
Jazakallahu Khiran

3 Likes

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by mofy1(f): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2016
#fact
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by skydancer: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2016
To work is to pray.

1 Like

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Proffdada: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2016
1.We pray to the wrong god

2. We pray for the death of immortal beings
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by ismaog4u(m): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2016
true talk ... prayer and sadaka (fisebililahi) are the key to change destiny ... may Allah accept our prayers

2 Likes

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Adeoba10(m): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2016
Noticed

1 Like

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by xclusiveguy4(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2016
Masha Allah bro

nice one
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Wealthyone: 10:33am On Sep 16, 2016
Alhamdulilah I'm a Muslimah.
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by mohammad11: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2016
It's due to our negligence and weak eeman

May Allah increase us in faith

1 Like

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Judas2013: 10:38am On Sep 16, 2016
Prayer is an art of ignoring your problems

Prayer is the poor mans friend.

1 Like

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by hahn(m): 10:49am On Sep 16, 2016
Prayers don't work.

I stopped praying when I realized I was talking to myself undecided

1 Like

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Alasi20(m): 10:51am On Sep 16, 2016
Jazhakahllah Khairan Jazha

May Almighty Allah Barakatise and Accept all our Prayers as an Act of Ibadah {Ameen}

Bar'kah De_Jumu'ah to all Muslim Brothers and Xixters in Islam

1 Like

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by gisco200(m): 11:08am On Sep 16, 2016
Nice talk bro, May Allah accept our prayers
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 16, 2016
Great write up!!!
Jumaat Mubaraak.
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by tohact(m): 11:39am On Sep 16, 2016
salalahu alaihi wasalam.. jumat l Mubarak
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by toltee4real: 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
I am touched.
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by tunnyl(m): 1:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hello brothers and sisters please visit this link.

http://www.duas.org/downloads/Tohfatul_Hashmiya_DuaBook.pdf

to download pdf that contains all kinds of islamic prayers. its been very beneficial to me and i pray it does for you too.
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by noble4d(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
Masha Allah
May Almighty Allah increase ur wisdom
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Omotayor123(f): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
I can relate well. May Allah S.W.T. Forgives our shortcomings.

1 Like

Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by Walexz02(m): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nice write up bro
Re: 2 Mistakes We Commit About Prayer. by generaluthman: 10:04pm On Sep 16, 2016
nice one

(1) (Reply)

A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat / Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says / What Does Islam Say About Abortion,can Allah Forgive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.