Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

"The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) (4390 Views)

Kaaba The Center Of Gravity Of The Earth / Thus Earth Is Stationary And It Is Proven By The Qur'an Al Kareem / This Muslim Cleric Urged All Muslims To Convert To Christian To Avoid Hell Fire! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Seun(m): 1:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
As a muslim, do you agree with the following statements by Sheik Bandar Al-Khaybari from Saudi Arabia?

"Someone is asking whether the earth moves or whether it is fixed in place. Does it move or remain fixed?

"The truth, as described by our scholars Imam Ibn Baz and Sheik Saleh Al-Fawzan is that the earth is fixed and does not move. This is in keeping with the Qur'anic text and it makes sense as well. There is ample Qur'anic evidence that it is the sun that revolves around the earth.

"As for evidence based on reason, the (Westerners) present all kinds of theories, but we muslims also have theories and brains.

"First, let's say that we go from here to Sharjah airport and take a plane to China. Are you with me? Concentrate now. Let's say that this is earth and let's assume that it is turning. If we take an international flight from Sharjah to China. You say that the earth is turning, right? If the plane stopped in mid-air, wouldn't China come to it? Am I right or not? If the earth really does turn, China should come to the plane.

"Now, let's assume that the earth revolves the other way. The plane will never catch up with China no matter how long it flies. Since China is also revolving you will never get there.

"Secondly, Allah talked about the (celestial) house frequented (by angels). This house is located in the seventh heaven. The Prophet Muhammad said that if it fell from the sky, it would fall on the Kaaba. But if the earth revolve, it would not fall on the Kaaba. It could fall on the ocean or somewhere on dry land. This proves that the earth is fixed in place.

"The (Americans) say that they landed on the moon, but they never set foot or laid their eyes on it. They produced it all in Hollywood or I don't know where. They said they had gone to the moon and we just took their word for it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4PbPbPKJIQ
(Apologies about the title of the video. It was the best one I could find on Youtube)
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by freesinzu(m): 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nawa o, a in between religion and science which should I believe, But could he be right.
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Temihatz(m): 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by tbaba1234: 2:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
Seun:
As a muslim, do you agree with the following statements by Sheik Bandar Al-Khaybari from Saudi Arabia?

"Someone is asking whether the earth moves or whether it is fixed in place. Does it move or remain fixed?

"The truth, as described by our scholars Imam Ibn Baz and Sheik Saleh Al-Fawzan is that the earth is fixed and does not move. This is in keeping with the Qur'anic text and it makes sense as well. There is ample Qur'anic evidence that it is the sun that revolves around the earth.

"As for evidence based on reason, the (Westerners) present all kinds of theories, but we muslims also have theories and brains.

"First, let's say that we go from here to Sharjah airport and take a plane to China. Are you with me? Concentrate now. Let's say that this is earth and let's assume that it is turning. If we take an international flight from Sharjah to China. You say that the earth is turning, right? If the plane stopped in mid-air, wouldn't China come to it? Am I right or not? If the earth really does turn, China should come to the plane.

"Now, let's assume that the earth revolves the other way. The plane will never catch up with China no matter how long it flies. Since China is also revolving you will never get there.

"Secondly, Allah talked about the (celestial) house frequented (by angels). This house is located in the seventh heaven. The Prophet Muhammad said that if it fell from the sky, it would fall on the Kaaba. But if the earth revolve, it would not fall on the Kaaba. It could fall on the ocean or somewhere on dry land. This proves that the earth is fixed in place.

"The (Americans) say that they landed on the moon, but they never set foot or laid their eyes on it. They produced it all in Hollywood or I don't know where. They said they had gone to the moon and we just took their word for it."

(Apologies about the title of the video. It was the best one I could find on Youtube)

1. First of all, Do you speak arabic? How did you authenticate the veracity of the translation?

2. There is no religious evidence for that. If the translation is accurate, it is his personal opinions. He is by no means an authority on the subject. The Qur'an is not a science textbook. It does however make statements like:

The sun cannot overtake the moon, nor can the night outrun the day: each f loats in [its own] orbit.(36:40)

And there is nothing wrong with the above.

3. This is a ridiculous post. Want to learn about Islam? Pick up a Qur'an and read for goodness sake.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by AlBaqir(m): 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

2. There is no religious evidence for that. If the translation is accurate, it is his personal opinions. He is by no means an authority on the subject. The Qur'an is not a science textbook. It does however make statements like:

The sun cannot overtake the moon, nor can the night outrun the day: each f loats in [its own] orbit.(36:40)

Shukran for this reply. That is being fair. In my opinion, you however does not need to add this below:
tbaba1234:

3. This is a ridiculous post. Want to learn about Islam? Pick up a Qur'an and read for goodness sake.

# The post is not ridiculous. It is just an opinion of a muslim scholar like you've said. Thousands have seen the video on youtube. And there are more of such video. It is the responsibility of any concern Muslim to redress the issue.

You may watch this atheist video on another issue which is even supported by "sahih hadith" from Sunni and Shi'i books of ahadith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhsVjXJzKM

3 Likes

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by MrOlai: 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
Seun:

As at today, according to Science, Earth is spinning about its axis anticlockwisely at the speed of 1675km/hr and it is revolving anticlockwisely again round the Sun at the speed of 107,000km/hr. This is what the empirical evidence says.

However, Albert Einstein introduced "Theory of Relativity" into Physics and that brought about the idea of perspective or reference of frame to Physics and this solved so many problems in Physics. For instance, if somebody under a moving ceiling fan sees the direction of the fan as anticlockwise, another person at the top/over the ceiling fan would see the direction of the fan as clockwise.

Also, if you're in a moving vehicle and you look through the window, you see the grasses around moving in opposite direction. The more the speed of the vehicle, the more the movement of the grasses. In reality, are the grasses moving? Of course, NO!

This is where the problem lies. I won't be surprised tomorrow if scientists tell us that it is the Sun that is spinning and not the Earth and other planets that are revolving round the Sun. That is for Revolution of the Earth. But for the Rotation of the Earth, that still stands unshakably from scientific point of view.

Seun:

Here, with all due respect, the Shaykh goofed here. If Earth is spinning at 1675km/hr as given by Science, then, everything within and around the Earth would spin with the same speed. So, to plants and animals inhabiting the Earth, there is no apparent movement because we are moving with the Earth at the same speed. So, if a flying aeroplane becomes stationary in the atmosphere, there wouldn't still be any apparent movement of the Earth.

Seun:

From scientific point of view, it is very much possible, whether the Earth is spinning or stationary. If both the Earth and the celestial house have synchronized movements, and one is directly above the other one, then it is possible. Also, if they are both stationary and one is directly above the other one, then, it is possible again. Spiritually, it is possible whether both are synchronized or not. The statements of the Prophet(SAW) are true.

3 Likes

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Eleniyan15: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
coming through
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by mokoshalb(m): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
He may be right..From time to time, am beginning to think the western powers are hiding a lot from us...

2 Likes

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by MrOlai: 12:05am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Empiree: 1:01am On Sep 17, 2016
Mr. Osewa again?. Talk about obsession lol cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Deyrinsolar(f): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
I always believe that the level of understanding and interpretation of human being varies, so like someone said if you want to know about islam study the Quran, understand and interpret to your best understanding stop looking for translate version of another person's understanding

5 Likes

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by AlBaqir(m): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
Deyrinsolar:
I always believe that the level of understanding and interpretation of human being varies, so like someone said if you want to know about islam study the Quran, understand and interpret to your best understanding stop looking for translate version of another person's understanding

"And certainly We have made the Quran easy for remembrance, but is there anyone who will mind?"
Surah Qamar: 17, 22, 32, 40

Excellent submission but we cannot put aside interpretations of great scholars. What we should avoid is blind followership. You will learn a great deal while comparing various tafasir.

2 Likes

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Deyrinsolar(f): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
AlBaqir:

"And certainly We have made the Quran easy for remembrance, but is there anyone who will mind?"
Surah Qamar: 17, 22, 32, 40

Excellent submission but we cannot put aside interpretations of great scholars. What we should avoid is blind followership. You will learn a great deal while comparing various tafasir.
I understand you but for someone like the op who is bound to argue that is the best thing for him, am not supporting or opposing what the SA man said am just tired of people arguing about religiom
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by wallmosh: 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
To Allah belong the pool of knowledge

As for me, the knowledge of science is limited and bounded by empirical observations.

With this in mind, there findings are function of time which has led to refutation of some onetime called scientific facts that were later proven not to be correct.

There are still lot of questionable wonders of nature that science is yet to prove for which on physical platform such are undeniable.

2 Likes

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 18, 2016
Galileo Galilee should come here and debunk this.... Religion, common sense and science don't just correlate. May Allah ( subuhanahtahala ) help us though

Drabeey was Here

1 Like

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by AlBaqir(m): 7:09am On Sep 18, 2016
wallmosh:
To Allah belong the pool of knowledge

As for me, the knowledge of science is limited and bounded by empirical observations.

With this in mind, there findings are function of time which has led to refutation of some onetime called scientific facts that were later proven not to be correct.

There are still lot of questionable wonders of nature that science is yet to prove for which on physical platform such are undeniable.

# Obviously not all scientific findings are hoax or constantly proven to be wrong.

# On the other hands, Quran highlights certain natural scientific occurrences which normally every scientist will try to peruse.

# Are you however supporting the baseless submission of the KSA sheik that earth is flat and stationary? Even Quran suggests otherwise.
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
The Bible supports this claim but Christians ignore it.. preferring to believe the only one reference to a circle in the Bible while ignoring all the other references that support a fixed "immovable" Earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by vedaxcool(m): 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
tbaba1234:

1. First of all, Do you speak arabic? How did you authenticate the veracity of the translation?

This sums it up well

1 Like

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by vedaxcool(m): 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:

Haba this is low brow. let me heal you

1 Like

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by udatso: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
lagerwhenindoubt:
The Bible supports this claim but Christians ignore it.. preferring to believe the only one reference to a circle in the Bible while ignoring all the other references that support a fixed "immovable" Earth.
It was really unnecessary to bring christianity into this.
The op isn't even a christian. Let's address others the way we want them to address is.

2 Likes

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by wallmosh: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
AlBaqir:

# Obviously not all scientific findings are hoax or constantly proven to be wrong.

# On the other hands, Quran highlights certain natural scientific occurrences which normally every scientist will try to peruse.

# Are you however supporting the baseless submission of the KSA sheik that earth is flat and stationary? Even Quran suggests otherwise.

What do you think should be the stand of a Muslim on issues that has their facts in the Holy Qur'an?
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by AlBaqir(m): 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
wallmosh:

What do you think should be the stand of a Muslim on issues that has their facts in the Holy Qur'an?

Obviously you submit to the truth of the Quran. Note: I am not talking Tafsir (interpretation) of the Quran here o. There are too varying tafasir.
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by QuietHammer(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2016
This made me cringe and like other threads in this section which call for reasoning, it died a natural death.
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2016
@ seun i will like to say the following;

°°° The unquestioned "fact" heliocentricity, is it an empirical fact or just theoritical? If its empirical how was it carried out?

°°° Experiments have been performed firing canons in all cardinal directions to check for Earth's rotation. If the Earth was really spinning as the heliocentric model suggests then the East-firing cannonballs should fall significantly farther than all others and the West-firing cannonballs should fall significantly closer than all others. In actual fact, however, regardless of which direction one fires a cannon, North, South, East, or West, the distance covered is always the same.

1 Like

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 27, 2016
As at today, according to Science, Earth is spinning about its axis anticlockwisely at the speed of 1675km/hr and it is revolving anticlockwisely again round the Sun at the speed of 107,000km/hr. This is what the empirical evidence says.

@MrOlai Empirical evidence? How did you know earth revolving around the sun was established by an empirical evidence? As far as i can remember(know), no Empirical evidence establishes heliocentricity.
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by MrOlai: 12:18am On Sep 28, 2016
lexiconkabir:

@MrOlai Empirical evidence? How did you know earth revolving around the sun was established by an empirical evidence? As far as i can remember(know), no Empirical evidence establishes heliocentricity.

Among the empirical evidence that establish the heliocentricity is "Aberration of Starlight" and "Stellar Parallax Proof". Although, they could still turn out later to be relative in line with Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by MrOlai: 1:00am On Sep 28, 2016
lexiconkabir:

°°° Experiments have been performed firing canons in all cardinal directions to check for Earth's rotation. If the Earth was really spinning as the heliocentric model suggests then the East-firing cannonballs should fall significantly farther than all others and the West-firing cannonballs should fall significantly closer than all others. In actual fact, however, regardless of which direction one fires a cannon, North, South, East, or West, the distance covered is always the same.

I guess you got this your submission from Conspiracy Theory. Reason why the cannon balls would still cover the same distance is this:

All matters on and around the Earth are attracted to the centre of the Earth due to its gravitational force.

Atmosphere is also matter and it is pulled towards Earth's centre. Due to this force of gravity, atmosphere travels along with the Earth when the Earth rotates. So, the cannon balls, the atmosphere and everything around spin with the same speed with the Earth. As such, the spinning of the Earth has no effect on the directions/speed of throw or launch of the cannon balls. Consequently, the cannon balls would cover the same distance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by ayenny02(m): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2016
Seun:

"The truth, as described by our scjholars Imam Ibn Baz and Sheik Saleh Al-Fawzan is that the earth is fixed and does not move. This is in keeping with the Qur'anic text and it makes sense as well. There is ample Qur'anic evidence that it is the sun that revolves around the earth.

Let us look at what Allah Almighty said in the Noble Quran:
"Thou seest the mountains and thinkest them firmly fixed: but they pass like the passing of the clouds: (such is) the artistry of God, who disposes of all things in perfect order: for he is well acquainted with all that ye do. (The Noble Quran, 27:88) "

The following translations further prove this:

Translation of Pickthall:

And thou seest the hills thou deemest solid flying with the flight of clouds: the doing of Allah Who perfecteth all things. Lo! He is Informed of what ye do.

Translation of Khalifa:

When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the manufacture of GOD, who perfected everything. He is fully Cognizant of everything you do.

Allah Almighty did say that all of the objects in the Universes are swimming in space:
Allah Almighty said that all of the objects of the Universe are swimming; each in its orbit:

"It is He who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its orbit with its own motion.
(The Noble Quran, 21:33) "

Allah Almighty telling us that the mountains are moving? By the way, the "mountains" here is not just limited to mountains, but rather it includes the whole ground we're standing on, since, to us humans, the earth doesn't move, except during the times of earth quakes. And the mountains are obviously connected with the ground.

By the way, clouds never really move away. They only rotate around the earth and travel above the earth; above land to land. So if the mountains (the whole ground of earth since the mountains are part of earth) are "moving, like the clouds" , then this means that the earth is also moving in circle around its axle.

So, why didn't Allah Almighty just say so? Allah Almighty 1500 years ago did not want to make irrational and CRAZY statements that would've been refused and considered as absurd and utter nonsense to the people who lacked a great deal of knowledge about astronomy and geology. The Miracle of the Noble Quran is that while Allah Almighty made the statement in Noble Verse 27:88 acceptable to the people back then, He also included the scientific claim in it for us today, and told us that the earth does indeed move around its axle.

4 Likes

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by Iisha(f): 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
Seun:

Islam or the scholar? I don't really know. But whichever, Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by AlBaqir(m): 6:47am On Feb 15, 2017
AlBaqir:

You may watch this atheist video on another issue which is even supported by "sahih hadith" from Sunni and Shi'i books of ahadith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhsVjXJzKM

tingtingz, have you seen this video?
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by tintingz(m): 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
AlBaqir:

tingtingz, have you seen this video?
Lol, a whale is carrying a flat earth on his back? This is one of the joke I've heard from sunni Muslim manuscripts. And the thing is there are other myths that said creatures, gods are holding or carrying the earth. grin grin

Thanks for the video, I didn't see this mention for months because you didn't spell my moniker correctly, the Arab atheist did a good job, he slayed it.
Re: "The Earth Is Fixed And The Sun Revolves Around It" - Saudi Cleric (video) by AlBaqir(m): 11:27am On Sep 17, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, a whale is carrying a flat earth on his back? This is one of the joke I've heard from sunni Muslim manuscripts. And the thing is there are other myths that said creatures, gods are holding or carrying the earth. grin grin

Thanks for the video, I didn't see this mention for months because you didn't spell my moniker correctly, the Arab atheist did a good job, he slayed it.

# Really its one of the most ridiculous tale I've ever come across yet you see some gullible mind accepting it hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Call To Prayer (athan And Iqamah) / 2nd Coming Of Mohammed? / A Reminder On Calamities and Suicide In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.