Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,601 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

GTB Online Token Issues - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / GTB Online Token Issues (1321 Views)

Help With Gtb Payment Integration / Where Can I Buy Btc Or Hosting With GTB Card Online / Use Pin To Complete Transaction Instead Of Token On GTB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GTB Online Token Issues by Yeniyens(m): 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
Recently I have been having issues with paying online through my GT Mastercard and the One time password generated from my GTB hardware token or supposed to be sent to my phone. I don't receive any code on my phone and the code from my token doesn't work (otp entered is invalid). I am trying to pay for a CAC Name search, for my sisters swift Internet modem and other little stuffs, so I prefer paying through the Web merchants site and I am essentially locked out from merchant sites I usually pay to.

On calling the Gtb customer care rep after burning 20 minutes of calls over 4 attempts, she said that the Gtb hardware token is meant for transactions within GT online banking platform, so for external transactions like on merchant sites, she said I try the option of sending a code to my registered number. I told her i have tried both methods it doesnt work and she immediately blamed it on network issues from the merchant site.

However, on second thought this doesn't make sense. Is it not the bank responsible for sending the code. Why can't the bank take responsibility for thier errors.

I am guessing maybe it is my token that is faulty or something although nothing seems to be wrong with it upon physical inspection. Does this mean I will pay another N2000-N3000 for a new token? Why can't I just get a replacement on presenting the old one.

Any advice.
Re: GTB Online Token Issues by spikesC(m): 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
Yeniyens:
Recently I have been having issues with paying online through my GT Mastercard and the One time password generated from my GTB hardware token or supposed to be sent to my phone. I don't receive any code on my phone and the code from my token doesn't work (otp entered is invalid). I am trying to pay for a CAC Name search, for my sisters swift Internet modem and other little stuffs, so I prefer paying through the Web merchants site and I am essentially locked out from merchant sites I usually pay to.
On calling the Gtb customer care rep after burning 20 minutes of calls over 4 attempts, she said that the Gtb hardware token is meant for transactions within GT online banking platform, so for external transactions like on merchant sites, she said I try the option of sending a code to my registered number. I told her i have tried both methods it doesnt work and she immediately blamed it on network issues from the merchant site.
However, on second thought this doesn't make sense. Is it not the bank responsible for sending the code. Why can't the bank take responsibility for thier errors.
I am guessing maybe it is my token that is faulty or something although nothing seems to be wrong with it upon physical inspection. Does this mean I will pay another N2000-N3000 for a new token? Why can't I just get a replacement on presenting the old one.
Any advice.

Typical ignorant Naija customer care. I only use token and it is now required for external GTBank platform transactions. I am guessing your account wasn't setup correctly so go to a branch and get it fixed

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Page Needed / Naija Adsense For Sale At Cheap Rate / Balawap.com Domain Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.