Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. (725 Views)

Aliko Dangote's Nephew, Kally, Graduates From UK University / Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. by zinnystar(f): 9:19am On Sep 17, 2016
Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way to take Nigeria Out of Recession
The number one richest black man in the world , Aliko Dangote, has suggested that selling of assets is a better way for the Nigerian government to boost the country’s recession-hit economy.I think the real challenge for us is now for us to have the political will in terms of selling some assets,”
“I think it’s an easier route than the IMF (International Monetary Fund)or the World Bank to borrow money, because what you need to do is actually to beef up the reserves,” he said.
“If I had problems in my company, I would not waste time to sell assets, to remain afloat, to get to the better times, because it doesn’t make any sense for me to keep any assets and then suffocate the whole organization,” he added . I will keep selling asset waiting for the best time to come

www.zinnystar.com/2016/09/aliko-dangote-speaks-best-way-to-take.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. by myopinion2011: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2016
Sell them to u offcourse

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. by Pavore9: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2016
Thinking.....
Re: Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. by hahn(m): 9:40am On Sep 17, 2016
Can Dangote please agree to a brain transplant? Bubu needs his brain for just 1 year.

Make him no worry, Bubu's brain will be refrigerated. We wouldn't want to cause any permanent damage to Dangote's head

tongue
Re: Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. by thesicilian: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2016
My philosophy usually is, when a man this successful speaks, you have to listen. But I am finding it hard to agree with what this Alh. Dangote is saying right now. Just about the only thing remaining in this country now that we can call our own are the assets we have, and you're now agreeing with the largely clueless federal government that we should sell them off. What good came out of selling NITEL and NEPA? You want Nigeria to sell an asset worth $20million for $5million, and then in five years time we'll budget $80million to get another one, right?
Not to mention the obvious - It is people like Dangote that will still buy these assets.
But then, what do I know? You people are the experts, keep running the country like a company. And don't forget that the greatest assets we have in this country are the people, so maybe you should start by selling us to China, and if the money is not enough you can then go for the oil installations, National Theatre, National Stadiums, etc

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. by Bookiemart01(f): 9:51am On Sep 17, 2016
Sell to who?
I think executives and legislators should cut their salaries and allowances 1st.

Cost of governance in Nigeria us too high and the system was intentionally developed to aid corruption.

In another news, i buy PayPal funds

zinnystar:

Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way to take Nigeria Out of Recession
The number one richest black man in the world , Aliko Dangote, has suggested that selling of assets is a better way for the Nigerian government to boost the country’s recession-hit economy.I think the real challenge for us is now for us to have the political will in terms of selling some assets,”
“I think it’s an easier route than the IMF (International Monetary Fund)or the World Bank to borrow money, because what you need to do is actually to beef up the reserves,” he said.
“If I had problems in my company, I would not waste time to sell assets, to remain afloat, to get to the better times, because it doesn’t make any sense for me to keep any assets and then suffocate the whole organization,” he added . I will keep selling asset waiting for the best time to come

www.zinnystar.com/2016/09/aliko-dangote-speaks-best-way-to-take.html?m=1
Re: Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. by HomelandRealty: 10:14am On Sep 17, 2016
thesicilian:
My philosophy usually is, when a man this successful speaks, you have to listen. But I am finding it hard to agree with what this Alh. Dangote is saying right now. Just about the only thing remaining in this country now that we can call our own are the assets we have, and you're now agreeing with the largely clueless federal government that we should sell them off. What good came out of selling NITEL and NEPA? You want Nigeria to sell an asset worth $20million for $5million, and then in five years time we'll budget $80million to get another one, right?
Not to mention the obvious - It is people like Dangote that will still buy these assets.
But then, what do I know? You people are the experts, keep running the country like a company. And don't forget that the greatest assets we have in this country are the people, so maybe you should start by selling us to China, and if the money is not enough you can then go for the oil installations, National Theatre, National Stadiums, etc
Nice one.
If there's ever a time to invest in more assets, the time is now. Like training our farmers, empowering small businesses. Not selling off the little we have.
Re: Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way To Take Nigeria Out Of Recession. by AntiWailer: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2016
thesicilian:

Chai who hacked my brain to write this.

Spots on.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

A Seminar And Consultancy Session On Commercial Snail Farming And Export / JUST IN: Naira Crashes Against Dollar Despite Travelex Weekly Sales To Bdcs / $150mn Erisco Foods Finally Announces Exit On Back Of FX Crunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.