Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) (6815 Views)

Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) / Atheists Should Stop Fighting Religion Now! VERY Important / Nigerian atheists should take several seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by hopefulLandlord: 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
analice107:

Ha, why will u say God is partial towards you? Pls share your experience.

your Yahweh had favourites even in the bible
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Ranchhoddas: 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
analice107:

Ha, why will u say God is partial towards you? Pls share your experience.
Is it not obvious to you that life is not fair? People who believe in God will translate it as 'God is partial'. I guess life has dealt or is dealing the guy a cruel hand, hence his statement.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
obiZEAL:

Lolz...the last part almost sounded like u were preaching...its all good sha...buh I'm scared for seun...in my opinion he shouldn't have gone public with his disbelief, he has a lot at stake...some peepz might make it their purpose on earth to see this forum fall...u have no idea the length some people can go for their god
We Christian don't really care what he is, but he is smart enough not to bash Islam. He bashes Yahweh freely because he knows we don't care.

You can't kick against the bricks. Muslims fight for Allah because he can't fight for himself.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by sekundosekundo: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
analice107:

Wow. for over 30yrs? Pls share, how did it feel to be without God for that long? And, Now? what are you?

I was totally brainwashed into believing that there's no God and continue leaving my life as if though I will not give account one day. No prayer etc. Life without God is full of disappointments and regrets. I have a documentary on Atheists, pls don't envy them and their useless wealth.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 8:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
sekundosekundo:

I was totally brainwashed into believing that there's no God and continue leaving my life as if though I will not give account one day. No prayer etc. Life without God is full of disappointments and regrets. I have a documentary on Atheists, pls don't envy them and their useless wealth.
Envy them? My o My. I pity their empty lives. They are dead people who need life.

The Holy Spirit through Apostle Paul said, "The Worth of a man is not in the abundance of the things he possesses".

Atheists should envy me as far as am concern. I have what all the money in the world put together can't buy. Salvation.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Touchnot01: 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you made much sense bro

I wonder why they keep using zuckerberg and gates as some leader of the atheism movement

it smirks of ignorance

but we are used to it already
You mean why atheists use mark Zuckerberg and gates as cover and are being debunked in this lovely thread.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Is it not obvious to you that life is not fair? People who believe in God will translate it as 'God is partial'. I guess life has dealt or is dealing the guy a cruel hand, hence his statement.

Hmmmm. Na waoo. As a man thinks so he is.

The problem with us humans is that, we lay faulty foundations but when the crack happens we shift the blame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

your Yahweh had favourites even in the bible

If you were a rational person, l would have paused to explain things to you, but nahh.
I pass.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by hopefulLandlord: 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
sekundosekundo:

interesting

tell us about those "disappointments and regrets" you had
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by hopefulLandlord: 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
analice107:

If you were a rational person, l would have paused to explain things to you, but nahh.
I pass.

like I needed your approval

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Touchnot01: 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
analice107:

I pass.
Good decision.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2016
analice107:

Envy them? My o My. I pity their empty lives. They are dead people who need life.

The Holy Spirit through Apostle Paul said, "The Worth of a man is not in the abundance of the things he possesses".

Atheists should envy me as far as am concern. I have what all the money in the world put together can't buy. Salvation.
Well said my Sister, well said.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Bless you my friend.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by sekundosekundo: 10:24am On Sep 22, 2016
winner01:
Bless you my friend.
YOU ARE BLESSED.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 11:26am On Sep 22, 2016
winner01:
Well said my Sister, well said.
Thank you sir.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
Charlesredif:

This thread is perfect for it, since I got to learn from people as they share their ideologies on religion. It also furthers our knowledge on human brain, its behaviour and how religion helps humanity and how it shapes humanity. Thus no need for another thread because here people ask questions that we have studied, eg eating in the dream, etc.

You can get banned you know?

You are breaking Nairaland rule No1.

Pls take your views to a familia terrain and mention folk here, there will come over there and share your views, or better still, open your own thread.
Be advised.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
Charlesredif:

Thanks for the insult. Does your religion not teach courtesy.
I am here to help people. Do you hear me.
So many people in this thread thinks eating in the dream is evil. Many of them as I have read aren't happy about it.
Why are you insulting people and allowing your ideologies cause so much anger and hatred for you.
This is religious thread. I am Anglican, that doesn't make me keep quiet on somethings

Why are you singing it like a song? *Am Anglican" So? does being an Anglican you a Christian? Thank God you didn't say, "Am a Christian".

Pls just stop it, you are embarrassing Anglicans hare.

An angst up Anglican poised to disprove God.
gerrarahia.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2016
promise10:

I have asked him to create out a thread on that so we can enjoy the ride with the topic. Hope he will accept the proposal.

Kay17 is a *She*
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
This is probably the first time that I'm going to agree with winner01.

I think nairaland atheists have gotten carried away by the excitement of online arguments that they forget there is a real world out there that needs reshaping.

Most theists won't understand this, but when you're an atheist, sometimes you see some logical loophole in some dumb argument a random theist make that you just can't resist pointing it out. And before you know it, it's a full blown argument and you're enjoying every second of it.

Other times, you see so much suffering in the world, and then come online to see some theist argument on how loving their God is, again, you can't resist pointing how how ridiculous you think their thinking is.

And so on and so forth.

But I'd like Atheists here to realize that no matter how exciting these arguments go, their actual effects are minimal. A more devastating effect can be achieved by going out there and doing something.

Someone once said on this very site: "It doesn't matter if you're religious or not. If you're successful, You'll be celebrated."

To that, I'll add; You'll be emulated.

PS: This doesn't stop me from attacking theist threads. For one simple reason. It's fun! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by herald9: 8:41am On Sep 23, 2016
Nice thread Winner01

The main idea of this thread is that atheists should quit talking already and start working. That they should bring in ideas and innovations, revival and cure.. And not just 'talking'.
That's very true. But you should also know that none of these can take place when the society is still choked with a mentality and belief systems that is antagonistic to progress.
This is a country where people rather fast and pray than settling down to think up logical solutions to problems, churches are spreading out everyday like epidemics; people demonize almost everything and anything, such as one of the threads I saw on Nairaland about demonic cobwebs and other ludicrous B.S. that is sponsored by religion in our society today.

Considering the above, how can atheists 'work' in such an environment?

To that effect, therefore it is pertinent for them to create the right atmosphere for this work to begin by purging, 'reviving' and 'curing' the minds of these people that have been dilapidated all these years by extreme religiosity and that can only be done by TALKING.
If we were not rational human beings, we would have been taking the same measures like your brothers, Boko Haram. Maybe that's when you'd have seen that we're working. But as civilised individuals, we chose 'talking', cause talking wrought enlightenment and enlightenment brings about change. Both enlightenment and change begins from the mind, hence we must KEEP TALKING in order to bring a total overhaul to the old, demented way of reasoning and behaviours, so that people will start seeing things in the right light.
And when people start seeing things in the right light, that's when IDEAS and INNOVATIONS will be born.

Hence, atheists must keep talking till Nigeria receive sense!

1 Like

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by herald9: 8:45am On Sep 23, 2016
analice107:

I pity you.

Reality will wake you up one day.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by winner01(m): 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
analice107:

Thank you sir.
You welcome. smiley
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
herald9:

I pity you.

Reality will wake you up one day.

Yea, reality will wake you up when you come face to face with your creator very soon. For now, bask in your delusion.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by herald9: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2016
analice107:

Yea, reality will wake you up when you come face to face with your creator very soon. For now, bask in your delusion.
Seems our realities are different, Ma.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by promise10: 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
herald9:
But, death has only one reality.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by herald9: 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
promise10:
But, death has only one reality.
I can sense your fear. It runs deep. Share it with me. smiley
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by promise10: 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
herald9:

I can sense your fear.
It runs deep.
Share it with me.
smiley
What?? Fear?? Death??

DON'T BE A JOKER!!!

Haven't you heard that TO LIVE IS JESUS BUT TO DIE IS GAIN??

I have no fear, whatsoever, for death. Even if I will be dying now, I WILL BE VERY HAPPY. But, the only thing that can make me unhappy when I remember it is the world will loose a wonderful man!

Apart from that, I have NO regret.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
herald9:

Oh no sir, there are the same, you just seared your conscience to believe it isn't.
Like i said, it wont be long, death will catch up with you, then the reality will come.

For now, you are lord over your own devices, but not far into the future, we shall know.

I keep reiterating this fact, "I may not make it to the other side, but even if i end up in hell, i shall tell some of you here, 'I told you so' ".
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by herald9: 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
promise10:

What?? Fear?? Death??

DON'T BE A JOKER!!!

Haven't you heard that TO LIVE IS JESUS BUT TO DIE IS GAIN??

No Sir. That's why I said we have different realities and you came to threaten me with death.

I have no fear, whatsoever, for death. Even if I will be dying now, I WILL BE VERY HAPPY. But, the only thing that can make me unhappy when I remember it is the world will loose a wonderful man!

Apart from that, I have NO regret.
LOL
You're sure the joker grin

Who are you?
Who you epp?

If you're not afraid of death, so are we. So stop threatening us with it. If I was afraid of death I'd have been clinging to one or two religions by now, irrespective of whether they make sense or not.
Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by herald9: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
analice107:

Oh no sir, there are the same, you just seared your conscience to believe it isn't.
Like i said, it wont be long, death will catch up with you, then the reality will come.

For now, you are lord over your own devices, but not far into the future, we shall know.

I sense your fear.
It runs deep.
Share it with me grin

I keep reiterating this fact, "I may not make it to the other side, but even if i end up in hell, i shall tell some of you here, 'I told you so' ".

Oh! So after all these hullabaloo, someone is not still sure she'll make it to SugarCandy Mountain? grin

No Ma, You won't be able to mutter shiiit! The shame will be hotter than your imaginary fire grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by hopefulLandlord: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
herald9:

No Sir. That's why I said we have different realities and you came to threaten me with death.

LOL
You're sure the joker grin

Who are you?
Who you epp?

If you're not afraid of death, so are we. So stop threatening us with it. If I was afraid of death I'd have been clinging to one or two religions by now, irrespective of whether they make sense or not.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Should Work More, And Talk Less: We've Heard It All. (MUST READ!!!) by analice107: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
herald9:

I sense your fear.
It runs deep.
Share it with me grin

Oh! So after all these hullabaloo, someone is not still sure she'll make it to SugarCandy Mountain? grin

No Ma, You won't be able to mutter shiiit! The shame will be hotter than your imaginary fire grin

You mean if i cross over and find out there's no fire in hell i will be ashamed?
O yeah? Does shame hurt/hot?

pls what do you use in reasoning?

Okay, lets for the purpose of this argument suppose that you are right, but do you really believe i'll have anything other than shame to lose?

And what shame are you even talking about?

I have sacrificed my all for this kingdom, i have given up alot. I lay down my pride for others to trample on me. i give to others even in my lack. i forgive without being asked to. i keep maliciousness away from me, i wont talk about you behind your back, i wont take what doesn't belong to me no matter how i need it without your permission first. As much as my body desires to have sex, i refuse it, and stay celibate till marriage.
I wont disobey God to marry an unbeliever, I keep my body under control, yet you tell me i will be shamed if i discover there's no hell? Are you okay?

Shouldn't i be rather shamed than sorry?

Hahahahahahahahaha. Just wait, you will find out fire is hotter than shame.

keep telling yourself there's no hellfire, who knows maybe you may come to believe it with time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Long Have You Been Attending Your Present Church? / Hell Is A Christian Hoax / How Can I Join Ogboni Or Something Similar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.