Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' (3380 Views)

Top Smartphone Makers And The Football Teams They Support (PICS) / Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 / Body Design; One Creative Feature Phone Makers Can't Overlook. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2016

Chinese smartphones and their 'smartphone madness'.
Prior to the advent of Chinese android smartphones only few people could afford smartphones, particularly android phones from top brands. One way or the other the chinese guys found their way into the market with ridiculously cheap smartphones. Of course that comes with it's own disadvantage which OI term 'madness of numbers'.

Chinese smartphone makers are obsessed with numbers and size, that's why the selling points of most of their smartphones are all centered on numbers and obvious big size. I'll list some of their 'madness of numbers' displayed in the past ip till this time. The 'madness' that trended the one that trends now and we'll try predict the one that'll trend.

The Camera Madness
A few months after their foray into the smartphone market, they needed to compete well and show what they could offer. Their first option was to give ridiculous number of megapixels to the smartphone cameras with nothing to show for it when one takes a photo with the camera. That makes up for the canera madness, their concern is to give(at least print) you that numbers so you'll be impressed and feel good to say 'my phone has a smartphone of 20MP'

Display Size
One who has been monitoring the smartphone market in Nigeria would notice after the camera war was over the next was smartphones with displays as large as.... maybe my laptop screen. The large display size competition didn't last long as users got tired of mini-TVs and how clumsy they become when they want to make or receive a phone calls. As a result, the Chinese phone makers moved to the next madness.

Before I move to the next madness I'll like to briefly talk on why they get away with these. The Chinese phone makers know that an average user in Nigeria doesn't know much about the technical aspects of these phones so they go ahead to capitalize on their ignorance to sell craps to them, although not all chinese phone makers sell crap and not all of their phones are craps.

Battery Madness
This is the current and trending madness, the phone makers go ahead to release phones with battery capacity of upto 6,000mah. What Nonsense!
Most of these phones have nothing else to talk about asides the battery. Basically, they're powerbanks and nothing more than that. I don't see a reason why a phone with just HD display on an LCD would have a battery of 6,000mah and above, unless we're trying to kill two birds with one stone by paying for a powerbank that can make calls and take photos. Well, it's not their fault(Even chinko know say we no get light for naija).

While these are the popular and well noticeable ones, they're not the only ones. sometimes you see a smartphone maker releasing two phones with just one slight difference and give them different names and prices.
I don't know what the next madness would be, I'm seeing flash light for secondary camera. Or maybe dual secondary camera.

You can add the ones you've noticed.

This short article has no source as its exclusively written for Nairaland, but if you'd like to read more of android smartphones, games and apps head over to DroidPost

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by elldeb101(m): 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2016
you wrote as if Chinese phone manufacturer only manufacture for the Nigerian market.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by LordZero(m): 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
If we tell them that it's easier to sell numbers than quality, they'll say you are hating.
At the end of the day, they will come back here to tell us stories that touch.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 4:35am On Sep 18, 2016
elldeb101:
you wrote as if Chinese phone manufacturer only manufacture for the Nigerian market.
sir, I'd advice you read the post again.

I noted they manufacture for mainly Africans and Nigerians in our case. You don't see tecno and infinix marketing their devices to the Americas or west Europe or even their own asia unless is the third world part of Asia.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 4:36am On Sep 18, 2016
LordZero:
If we tell them that it's easier to sell numbers than quality, they'll say you are hating.
At the end of the day, they will come back here to tell us stories that touch.
na so we see am.

abeg, lalasticlala honsule dragnet puskin how about front page
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by bqlekan(m): 6:57am On Sep 18, 2016
hehe.. let the Chinese lovers club get you cheesy
but remember, over 90% of smartphones are assembled in China....

1 Like

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2016
bqlekan:
hehe.. let the Chinese lovers club get you cheesy

but remember, over 90% of smartphones are assembled in China....
I dey wait for them.

of course, many quality electronics and computer equipment are made in china but there's difference between made in china and made for china(and developed part of the world)
in our case, they're made in china and made for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by Classcaptain1(m): 11:17am On Sep 18, 2016
Shinko Ekun Technology... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by somehowpenis(m): 11:59am On Sep 18, 2016
Would never ever use a chinese fake product again. Tecno , infinix and all those other crap.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by mummyson26(m): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Op abeg sey u get 500k wey u no dey use make u borrow me to buy iPhone 7?
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by harmbhrosz(m): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
Chinese phone makers and their madness that's your topic and from the look on your article infinix and tecno are your best example but they're good quality brands in China that don't sell their products to Africa...

Firstly you were suppose to understand how this world works, have you seen iPhone, Samsung HTC push huge publicly to Africa when their products are being released? NO! That's because Africa is a 3rd world continent, so wether you like or not they really don't care if we buy their products... And the most reason is because over the average population of Africans cannot afford this brands

So the best option Africans especially Nigerians being the most populous nation on the black continent can't get is buy the available cheap Chinese brands... And we both know quality things comes expensive. So no one is suppose to blame this Cheap Chinese phone makers to that ships to Africa, they know the cheap phones are what Africans can afford.

I use a Xiaomi product, they're the 4th largest phone maker in world and they only focus on the Asian, European and American markets they don't care about the African market and so do Gionee too,

So no one should blame the cheap Chinese brands in Nigerian coz if you're really looking for quality, then you know it comes at a higher price
henryobinna:
I dey wait for them.

of course, many quality electronics and computer equipment are made in china but there's difference between made in china and made for china(and developed part of the world)
in our case, they're made in china and made for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
harmbhrosz:
Chinese phone makers and their madness that's your topic and from the look on your article infinix and tecno are your best example but they're good quality brands in China that don't sell their products to Africa...

Firstly you were suppose to understand how this world works, have you seen iPhone, Samsung HTC push huge publicly to Africa when their products are being released? NO! That's because Africa is a 3rd world continent, so wether you like or not they really don't care if we buy their products... And the most reason is because over the average population of Africans cannot afford this brands

So the best option Africans especially Nigerians being the most populous nation on the black continent can't get is buy the available cheap Chinese brands... And we both know quality things comes expensive. So no one is suppose to blame this Cheap Chinese phone makers to that ships to Africa, they know the cheap phones are what Africans can afford.

I use a Xiaomi product, they're the 4th largest phone maker in world and they only focus on the Asian, European and American markets they don't care about the African market and so do Gionee too,

So no one should blame the cheap Chinese brands in Nigerian coz if you're really looking for quality, then you know it comes at a higher price
yea you're right to most extent.

these top brands don't care if we buy or not. but isn't the reason these Chinese brands who 'care' should take advantage of that to serve us mediocre devices(Note: not all their devices are mediocre).
Or what can you say about the trending powerbanks people carry about these days in the name of phones with 'good' battery?
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by Tallesty1(m): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
henryobinna:
sir, I'd advice you read the post again.

I noted they manufacture for mainly Africans and Nigerians in our case. You don't see tecno and infinix marketing their devices to the Americas or west Europe or even their own asia unless is the third world part of Asia.
Chinese phone manufacturers manufacture phones mainly for Africans and Nigerians? How many Chinese phone brands sell their phone in Nigeria?

Bros don't say what you don't know.

Most Chinese phones don't make it outside China/Asian countries.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by Tallesty1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
henryobinna:

these top brands don't care if we buy or not. but isn't the reason these Chinese brands who 'care' should take advantage of that to serve us mediocre devices(Note: not all their devices are mediocre).
Or what can you say about the trending powerbanks people carry about these days in the name of phones with 'good' battery?
You get what you paid for and variety is the spice of life.

I bet you haven't really used a flagship phone from Brands like Zuk, Xiaomi, Meizu, Smartisan, Oneplus, etc.

Those guys produce phones that go head to head with Samsung Phones.

Not every Chinese phone is crappie, not every IPhone is good.

A good example is the attached iPhone image.

The worst phone I have ever used.

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by flokii: 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
@OP you should be ashamed of ursef.. honestly
what can your country produce in this 21st century? Nothing, yet you keep running ur mouth like fowl yarnsh

Chinese guys av gone far.. work towards urs

1 Like

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
Tallesty1:

I bet you haven't really used a flagship phone from Brands like Zuk, Xiaomi, Meizu, Smartisan, Oneplus, etc.

easy man!

the Chinese brands you mentioned are not popular in nigeria, as a matter of fact only a handful of nigerians own those phones.

now, if you had read my post well and some reply you'd notice I never said all Chinese phones are crap. I for one love oneplus, xiaomi phones

so I don't really get you.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
Tallesty1:

infinix, tecno and itel manufacture phones for mainly Africans and Nigerians. maybe am wrong, prove it.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by joseph214(m): 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
Op u ar totally right. Tecno, infinix, itel and injoo fall under these categories. Imagine tecno l8 with 5000mah and a dualcore processor or some itel devices with 5000mah and just 512mb of ram. They will always put one flaw in their phone. They can't just make a perfect device.

But if not for these chinese companies many people won't be able to afford good android phones in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
joseph214:
Op u ar totally right. Tecno, infinix, itel and injoo fall under these categories. Imagine tecno l8 with 5000mah and a dualcore processor or some itel devices with 5000mah and just 512mb of ram. They will always put one flaw in their phone. They can't just make a perfect device.

But if not for these chinese companies many people won't be able to afford good android phones in Nigeria.
you're right, most people won't know the feel of smartphones most especially Android smartphones.

so they've tried, but...

1 Like

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by joseph214(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
henryobinna:
you're right, most people won't know the feel of smartphones most especially Android smartphones.

so they've tried, but...
But what?
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by Skmoda360(m): 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
Leagoo Shark 1 6300mAh $169.99 The fone got the huge battery of a thing.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
joseph214:
But what?
they need to step up their game
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
Skmoda360:
Leagoo Shark 1 6300mAh $169.99 The fone powerbank got the huge battery of a thing.
I think it's fixed now

grin
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by joseph214(m): 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
henryobinna:
they need to step up their game
You should hear about their next upcoming flagship phones, the phantom 6 and zero 4. It really has good specs.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by harmbhrosz(m): 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
henryobinna:

well... There's competition among this said brands so they have to always look for a suitable selling point for their target markets and as far as Nigeria is concern Electricity is one of it Top 3 problem.

If we were in a sane society, the regulatory body i.e the NCC was suppose to have a standard measure on the quality of phones that should be shipped to Nigeria. But we both know our society representatives are not that smart to do the right thing.

So phones with powerbank batteries is a spelling point in our society and as far as the consumers are OK with it, then no P.

My current phone has a 4100mah capacity and it still has a sexy and premium design and a very light weight too and that's part of quality but remember I paid the price
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by henryobinna(m): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
joseph214:
You should hear about their next upcoming flagship phones, the phantom 6 and zero 4. It really has good specs.
yea, heard about them.
Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
op e dey pain u say people buy Wetin they afford.

is like one of ur guys wit 5000mah phone refuse to share him phone wit u

naim make u dey stress d Power Bank part

AnyWay sha........

Re: Chinese Phone Makers And Their 'madness' by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 19, 2016
OP, I get gist for yhu

(1) (Reply)

How To Disable/remove The New Whatsapp Status Feature / Infinix Hot 7 Specs And Price In Jumia Ng. / Has Anyone Use Buy And Pay Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.