Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,011 members, 7,845,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Men of God and women in bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men of God and women in bible (2064 Views)

If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / Men Of God Whose Prophecies Failed In The Year 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men of God and women in bible by johntredon: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
Re: Men of God and women in bible by johntredon: 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
adjoviomole:

Jeramiah 31:31-34
Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and
with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made
with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring
them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke,
although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. "But this
is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after
those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them
and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they
shall be My people. They will not teach again, each man his
neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest
of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity,
and their sin I will remember no more." "

irrelevant to the topic.
adjoviomole:

We became dead to the
Old Law, so that we might be joined to a New Law (Romans
7:4-6).

Who reported this verses? I asked u to give me evidence where Jesus said law must not follow. I need Jesus statement ]
adjoviomole:

the Old Law
was nailed to the cross (Colossians 2:14). In Ephesians 2:15, we
are told that it was put to death on the cross.

Hence the law change when Jesus was nailed to the cross. Thank you.
If master says a word and servant says a word but both contradict each other, the best option is to take a word of the master.

Jesus is the master here bcoz you people believe him as God and son of God. The master (Jesus) now said in Matt 5:17-20:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.....)

The master didn't stop there and later said if christians want to enter paradise they must follow the law.

"So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:40-42)

Also:
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE
LAWLESSNESS.' (Matthew 7:23,)

"So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and
lawlessness. (Matthew 23:28)

Please follow the law of Jesus and those law in Old Testament for you not to enter hell fire
Re: Men of God and women in bible by johntredon: 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
The Jesus said in Matt 5:17-20:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.....)

The question now is, what are the law to follow according to Jesus Christ? That is another topic.
Re: Men of God and women in bible by adjoviomole(m): 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lennycool:

There is no how you can follow all the attributes above and be a proper Christian.

Which of the above can a proper christian not follow?

Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. And we do everything jesus did, we obey the 10 commandments so what else.
Re: Men of God and women in bible by johntredon: 6:58am On Sep 23, 2016
Leviticus 20:15 "If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal."

Let us look at Leviticus 20:16 "If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Notice that in Leviticus 20:15 the man has to be caught having sex with an animal in order for him to be put to death. We have to be sure 100% beyond the shadow of the doubt to kill him.

Notice however in Leviticus 20:16 that if a woman only looks SUSPICIOUS and not necessarily get caught having sex with an animal, she would still be put to death. We do not have to be sure 100% beyond the shadow of the doubt with her in order for us to kill her.

It is beyond question that Leviticus 20:15 and
Leviticus 20:16 prove that the Bible prefers to put women to death whenever an opportunity presents itself!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Men of God and women in bible by cloudgoddess(f): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2016
johntredon:
3). Jesus considers women as dirt that defiles men (since Jesus, the GOD, is the one who supposedly inspired the New Testament as Christians claim):

Revelation 14:4 "Those are those (men) who did not defile themselves with women , for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as first fruits to God and the Lamb.

4). Women are not only spiritually defiling to men as Jesus put it, but they're also physically defiling when they have their menses. Anything they touch becomes unclean:

Leviticus 15:19-30 "And if a woman have an issue (her period/menses), [and] her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it [be] on [her] bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she [shall be] unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one [for] a sin offering, and the other [for] a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness."
"Her issue." It's always sickened me to read the bible verses about women's so-called uncleanliness, but even moreso now. And not just because of how blatantly sexist it is; Now that I understand the role menstruation plays, I can see how absolutely foolish and nonsensical it is to believe that the supposed creator of our bodies & physiology would turn around and call the process "dirty". Treating it like a sickness.

The only way such ignorant and derogatory sentiments about such a natural and vital part of reproduction (not just for humans, some other mammals as well) could exist in a book authored by the creator of the universe, would be if the creator of the universe was a very sexist human being (which, surprise, almost every man was back in the year 100 or so when the bible was written).

I mean really sit down and think. The book reflects the sentiments of the people of the time in which it was written -- in all of their unfathomable ignorance (relative to us, in the 21st century, with science and technology and insight into the workings of our bodies & the universe). We can acknowledge that people back then were on average far more sexist and violent than the average person is today. We can recognize that they had far less knowledge than we do. We can acknowledge that they had nothing like electricity, the internet, universities.

Yet we struggle to comprehend that the BOLDEST claim they make -- that there is a human-like invisible super-being in the sky (or the universe? or another dimension? "Everywhere"? Theists can't seem to agree) -- is also likely to be another fruit of their ignorant, dated, and ego-centric human perspectives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men of God and women in bible by johntredon: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
Numbers 31: 17-18

17. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

The Jewish soldiers were commanded by “God” in the bible to keep the woman children (little girls) for themselves! In addition, they commanded to kill every woman that hath know a man by lying with him. How these soldiers in those days know if the girls are virgin or not? Simply they verify it by raping them and if the Jews discovered that they are non-virgins then they kill them as they commanded by “God”.
Re: Men of God and women in bible by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
ifenes:
It is obvious who wrote the bible. Men
you are very correct! smiley....and men are flawed creatures
Re: Men of God and women in bible by johntredon: 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
If a husband finds at his wedding night that his wife is not a virgin, she will be stoned to death

Deuteronomy 22:13-21

13 “If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and then spurns her,
14 and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings an evil name upon her, saying, ‘I took this woman, and when I came near her, I did not find in her the tokens of virginity,’
15 then the father of the young woman and her mother shall take and bring out the tokens of her virginity to the elders of the city in the gate;
16 and the father of the young woman shall say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man to wife, and he spurns her;
17 and lo, he has made shameful charges against her, saying, “I did not find in your daughter the tokens of virginity.” And yet these are the tokens of my daughter’s virginity.’ And they shall spread the garment before the elders of the city.
18 Then the elders of that city shall take the man and whip him;
19 and they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver, and give them to the father of the young woman, because he has brought an evil name upon a virgin of Israel; and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
20 But if the thing is true, that the tokens of virginity were not found in the young woman,
21 then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has wrought folly in Israel by playing the harlot in her father’s house; so you shall purge the evil from the midst of you.
Re: Men of God and women in bible by johntredon: 6:25am On Mar 11, 2017
Pls don't judge apostle sulaymon that's what Bible preached

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Aren't Catholics Friendly / Isolate The Diseased Plant Else The Disease Spreads To The Whole Garden / Please Drop Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.