Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,450 members, 7,812,377 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Phases! A Message To Friends On My Birthday. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Phases! A Message To Friends On My Birthday. (510 Views)

Phases / A Message To The Depressed / Valentine Special - A Message To My Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phases! A Message To Friends On My Birthday. by TeeiWi(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2016
*******PHASES********

Twice, the tickkkk sound came from my phone at the shortest interval to one another. I was just about taking the second round in the very early dawn, drifting away silently in the morning cold. I couldn't afford to stretch out my hand from underneath the blanket I folded myself because I was afraid I could get frozen.

But I smiled silently in my mind knowing fully sure one of the two text messages or both will be from the blessed ones who have kept up the competition in good faith to make "First". Then gently, a little sense of August captured my mind as I rolled and change position turning away from where the sounds came from. I though in my mind, "when I wake up, I will read and hope she is the first like always" as the thought of our Uncompromising friendship guided me to the dreamland.

I woke up 9:56am this saturday morning only for me to do the wrong thing first. With the feel of excitement in my heart, I pulled out my Phone from the left down corner where I have unconsciously kicked while sleeping. I saw I have just two messages, the ones from the night. I opened and it was from my two Banks (GTB and Skye) doing their very best to keep up with the phase, wishing many more fruitful years for me so I can keep on stacking my cash with them. I was Impassive as I did my best to read, yawned and thank God for his Love and continued blessings, that which I ought to have done first.

Then I thought not again about these phases because they will surely come and go, but of the dots that connects this phases with the reality of our existence. The self-manifestation of our capabilities, hard-work and consciously avoiding the "temporary fade" which is one of the greatest fear of our generation.

Morgan Freeman wrote "If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality. And to me, sailing the open ocean is a real challenge, because it’s life or death.". This happens to be my best quote of all time because sailing on an open sea makes you a forgotten man, but when you arrive on the dry ground, fulfillment struggles to keep pace with the high relevance attached.

(1) (Reply)

Sisters Bond ******episode Three****** / 7 Things I’ve Learned Since The Loss Of My Child / Of The Supermoon, A Pyramid & A Sphinx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.