Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Am Gradually Loosing It - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Gradually Loosing It (14848 Views)

Please I Need Help!!! I Am Dying Gradually / Help My Man Is Loosing It / Somethings That Are Gradually Fading Away From Our Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
Acidosis:
...even if you make any attempt to get the drug, nobody will sell to you without due prescription from a Doctor. It is not paracetamol anyone can buy over the counter. So listen to what others have said about the need to see a professional.
Ok bro
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2016
I think i have gotten to the core of my problem and my problem is not just ADHD or ADD but the inattentive ADHD. Not the one with hyperactivity but the serene one with less motivation. I think i need drugs straight and not a diagnose.

Thank God for this day in my life, being able to be alive to witness that all that has been happening to me is not my problem but a defect that nobody since my 26yrs of age nobody has been able to understand till i complained about it on Nairaland. I have tempted suicide when i was younger since i cant get a single day without committing myself to something heartbreaking but i think i need to be on steady meds now in-order to achieve a thing in my life.

Thank you guys

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by SlimHan(f): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:
I think i have gotten to the core of my problem and my problem is not just ADHD or ADD but the inattentive ADHD. Not the one with hyperactivity but the serene one with less motivation. I think i need drugs straight and not a diagnose.

Thank God for this day in my life, being able to be alive to witness that all that has been happening to me is not my problem but a defect that nobody since my 26yrs of age nobody has been able to understand till i complained about it on Nairaland. I have tempted suicide when i was younger since i cant get a single day without committing myself to something heartbreaking but i think i need to be on steady meds now in-order to achieve a thing in my life.

Thank you guys
Thank God for your life. I can relate to this. Please be strong....
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 1:04am On Dec 27, 2016
SlimHan:
Thank God for your life. I can relate to this. Please be strong....
Thanks Dearie, had my hands on few medication this evening...Feel like a champ now, never knew what have been missing all this years in my life. If my level of motivation can increase and daydreaming decrease then it means i will turn to a total genius.

Thanks again for showing your support.

4 Likes

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
Am giving an update on this tread because i have an alternative cure i recently jumped into. In a long run now i have been reading all i can from addforums.com but most of them there are probably living outside Africa and have their personal doctor or psychiatrist. Anyway since it was self diagnose, i started looking into drugs i can lay my hand on here in Nigeria . Anyway since adderal and ritalin are most recognised out there i think u cant see them here or rather u have to pass through some process to obtain them medically or very costly. I called a coupled of online pharm shops and suprised most know nothing about it. Anyway i later saw some post concerning Omega-3 and that was recognizable because i remember my uncle taking it when i was young. Anyway i rushed down to a chemist and they brought out the Omega and said it was 3k. The Doctor incharge was just against me taking it and he said that what am pasing through is normal, but i guess he dont know Adhd is a terminal brain defect that u hardly notice those with it. He later told me i should take lexotan. Lexotan is useless to me since its effect is just to make me feel sleepy and waking up to same mood before i slept.i actually dumped it and kept on with my research.

There is this feeling i have been looking for all my life and i call it after nap feeling. This is one of the best feeling in the world for me cause it makes me feels like my whole system has rebooted and somehow i do find out my brain looks cleared and somehow like blood is pumping in my head. I always said if i can get drugs that can replicate same feeling i will be ok.
I bought a couple of drugs like Tramadol(not used yet), codeine(not used yet) and then coffee.

I took out three sachet of nescafe coffee and i poured them into water and drank them, though the last one i have to pour it into my mouth like that......After like 5 minutes or so, i see blood rushed to my brains and my eyes went all wide as if am looking for something....Yeah the replicate looks like the nap feeling thing, though it didnt last up to four hours before it start wearing off. i am going to try tramdol next to see how it works.

Pls guys am not trying to get my self intoxicated or to become sober...Am just trying to fill in the blank spaces in life after being distracted and confused and less successful ADHD has made me go through in conscious 13 yrs of my life.

Thanks
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 05, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

Thank you guys
Well I am happy you got properly diagnosed. My case is just like yours but much worse.
I have the ADHD combined. Abeg if you get the drugs let us know.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 05, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

Thanks Dearie, had my hands on few medication this evening...Feel like a champ now, never knew what have been missing all this years in my life. If my level of motivation can increase and daydreaming decrease then it means i will turn to a total genius.

Thanks again for showing your support.
Please what drugs did you take?
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 8:28am On Jan 05, 2017
Vanceastro:

Well I am happy you got properly diagnosed. My case is just like yours but much worse.
I have the ADHD combined. Abeg if you get the drugs let us know.
I FIND cofee to be more helpful. Scared to get addicted to drugs, thats why i only buy them and dont take them.

But i must tell you, coffee does the job only that i cant sleep at night, even though am asleep, my alertness is over 60% but it makes my mind clear enough to get things done and focus,, Maybe am taking too much of it but cant risk taking tramadol even though with the success stories.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 05, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:
I FIND cofee to be more helpful. Scared to get addicted to drugs, thats why i only buy them and dont take them.

But i must tell you, coffee does the job only that i cant sleep at night, even though am asleep, my alertness is over 60% but it makes my mind clear enough to get things done and focus,, Maybe am taking too much of it but cant risk taking tramadol even though with the success stories.
I tried coffee but it didn't work. I only got headaches.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 21, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

Yes it is ADHD, All what I read there speaks volume of what am experiencing....

Is not that It started naturally but i learnt it from somebody when I was small (6-9yrs). The guy that I learnt it from is now a doctor but whenever he is alone, he talks to himself (moving his lips).. Mine has not gotten to that stage. He is the most misunderstood person in his family like me but the difference is that he have a family(father and Mother) But I don't have.

I don't know if you are still on Nairaland, but if you are did the solution work for you? Do you have ADHD? Because we are just the same. I'm easily misunderstood, never pays attention, I loose my head and I'm over thinking and imagining stupid stuffs always. I have build this fantasy land in my head which I escape to whenever I'm doing down. Just last week I spent two hours imagining if I'm the president of USA. I mean who does that?
My present life is messed up so I think my imagination life is better.
Please do respond if you are still here. Thanks �
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Laralag: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
U think you should try writing. Write down ur thoughts n fantasy, u could also make money from this

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2017
Arondizuogu:

I don't know if you are still on Nairaland, but if you are did the solution work for you? Do you have ADHD? Because we are just the same. I'm easily misunderstood, never pays attention, I loose my head and I'm over thinking and imagining stupid stuffs always. I have build this fantasy land in my head which I escape to whenever I'm doing down. Just last week I spent two hours imagining if I'm the president of USA. I mean who does that?

Sorry for being intrusive but if this is contributing to your depression, you need to adjust your career expectations. The best thing is to focus on teaching, because it's one of the careers people with this condition do well in. Also consider at home customer service jobs, if you plan to remain in the US. Do not focus on the degree or wealth. Focus on your life and the path you can take for inner peace.

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 2:56am On Oct 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:

It's called Maladaptive Daydreaming. It's a defense mechanism which the body uses to handle stressful situations. I understand. You're not crazy.

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 4:25am On Oct 23, 2017
pDudd:

It's called Maladaptive Daydreaming. It's a defense mechanism which the body uses to handle stressful situations. I understand. You're not crazy.
Wow thanks.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Maduawuchukwu(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Wow thanks.

Nwanne ke ije? I understand what you are going through. It has to do with the inability to pay attention and too much restlessness caused by daydreaming. I have it too and it is called maladaptive daydreaming. It made me miss so much of my life and I could not learn what my mates were learning because I was always daydreaming instead of paying attention to those little details that make us fully human. I tackled my own in 2013 when I went to a psychiatrist for depression and anxiety coupled with psychology. We can talk more for more stuff. I assure you it will be okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Nwanne ke ije? I understand what you are going through. It has to do with the inability to pay attention and too much restlessness caused by daydreaming. I have it too and it is called maladaptive daydreaming. It made me miss so much of my life and I could not learn what my mates were learning because I was always daydreaming instead of paying attention to those little details that make us fully human. I tackled my own in 2013 when I went to a psychiatrist for depression and anxiety coupled with psychology. We can talk more for more stuff. I assure you it will be okay.

Yeah nwanne ndewo. Biko k, ebe anyi ga ebido na that thing sef obi adi ya nma. Ele nke will day dreaming. Can I PM you? Thanks
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by sisisioge: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
It is well. I think you need to see a shrink. While getting set for that, you need to find a way of dislodging your mind at all time. Get books, start writing. Start painting. You will be fine. Pele.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by sisisioge: 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
Laralag:
U think you should try writing. Write down ur thoughts n fantasy, u could also make money from this

I agree iyawo grin...you see we think alike grin grin, Howdy?
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Yeah nwanne ndewo. Biko k, ebe anyi ga ebido na that thing sef obi adi ya nma. Ele nke will day dreaming. Can I PM you? Thanks

Yeah man. You can. Believe me you are blessed. You just need to overcome this little probs and you will become the best.

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:

I have Pmed you bro.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

I have Pmed you bro.

Nwanne mmadu I have replied
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by ElsonMorali: 4:42am On Oct 24, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

Yes it is ADHD, All what I read there speaks volume of what am experiencing....

Is not that It started naturally but i learnt it from somebody when I was small (6-9yrs). The guy that I learnt it from is now a doctor but whenever he is alone, he talks to himself (moving his lips).. Mine has not gotten to that stage. He is the most misunderstood person in his family like me but the difference is that he have a family(father and Mother) But I don't have.

Get professional help for your ADHD!

But in the meanwhile,

Always have a Good note pad or jotter with you. Whenever your thoughts go off in a spin, write and keep writing everything you're thinking about. Hopefully writing will clear your head much.

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
Arondizuogu:

This tread changed some aspect of my life.. Atleast I know my problem and don't get bothered when people complain about it... I always assume is like telling a man without legs to walk fast. The thing I need to perfect is independence cos I don't want people reminding me how reckless I am even after telling them my problem is not recklessness but my thought pattern cos I can be super careful and also super careless cause I care less about little things..

For cure... I don't think Adhd have a cure I have been able to depend on coffee and little body and mind hack to stay alert.
I sleep 3-4hrs every week day at night and sleep normal at weekends then drink coffee in the morning. I tried adding Marijuana to my coffee but that one is worst making me forget thing every second.. Combining two tought is a problem..

Also I have learnt like the guy above said that I need to reduce my expectations toward my life and focus on things that interest me most, so I always tell people there are few things I can do in this life and I want to become good at them so turning certain career proposals is 3asy now unlike before am not there nor here; when I thought I can do anything ..

AM actually like u, I daydream every second I am alone and get confused when I return to reality.. Like today I was daydreaming all morning when I was going out. So when I reached where I wanted to board a bus I returned to my realself and couldn't remember whether I close the door and wether I tuned off the gas and the light before leaving... So I have to trekk back to confirm... This is a normal day event and I think that the worst of it cos like today I didn't totally lock the door at times the door its left ajar until someone calls my attention. This stuff has been a normal life and like I said earlier when it's only me, I care less about stuffs like that cause to me they are not important but when I am with people they would start thinking i consciously
behave like that.

I usually don't expect much cause I believe my life started at 26 so I don't actually blame my self for anything and I hate people telling me about my problem since dem too don't belive am actually not like dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:
This tread changed some aspect of my life.. Atleast I know my problem and don't get bothered when people complain about it... I always assume is like telling a man without legs to walk fast. The thing I need to perfect is independence cos I don't want people reminding me how reckless I am even after telling them my problem is not recklessness but my thought pattern cos I can be super careful and also super careless cause I care less about little things..

For cure... I don't think Adhd have a cure I have been able to depend on coffee and little body and mind hack to stay alert.
I sleep 3-4hrs every week day at night and sleep normal at weekends then drink coffee in the morning. I tried adding Marijuana to my coffee but that one is worst making me forget thing every second.. Combining two tought is a problem..

Also I have learnt like the guy above said that I need to reduce my expectations toward my life and focus on things that interest me most, so I always tell people there are few things I can do in this life and I want to become good at them so turning certain career proposals is 3asy now unlike before am not there nor here; when I thought I can do anything ..

AM actually like u, I daydream every second I am alone and get confused when I return to reality.. Like today I was daydreaming all morning when I was going out. So when I reached where I wanted to board a bus I returned to my realself and couldn't remember whether I close the door and wether I tuned off the gas and the light before leaving... So I have to trekk back to confirm... This is a normal day event and I think that the worst of it cos like today I didn't totally lock the door at times the door its left ajar until someone calls my attention. This stuff has been a normal life and like I said earlier when it's only me, I care less about stuffs like that cause to me they are not important but when I am with people they would start thinking i consciously
behave like that.

I usually don't expect much cause I believe my life started at 26 so I don't actually blame my self for anything and I hate people telling me about my problem since dem too don't belive am actually not like dem.

Oh My Goodness. This is just me. People just don't understand. Yesterday I had to tell the uber driver to go back so I could see if I left my money at home cos I couldn't remember where it was. Stuff was in my bag waiting for me, this is seriously affecting my grades especially this semester I'm taking maths and anatomy. Always gets confused and lost in class. Someone said it's maladaptive day dreaming and gave me some guidelines on how to control it. Whenever I'm lonely, I nor go to my books but sometimes I successfully and sometimes I fail, still day dream when reading. It's so messed up, gotta go, class.
Good bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Oh My Goodness. This is just me. People just don't understand. Yesterday I had to tell the uber driver to go back so I could see if I left my money at home cos I couldn't remember where it was. Stuff was in my bag waiting for me, this is seriously affecting my grades especially this semester I'm taking maths and anatomy. Always gets confused and lost in class. Someone said it's maladaptive day dreaming and gave me some guidelines on how to control it. Whenever I'm lonely, I nor go to my books but sometimes I successfully and sometimes I fail, still day dream when reading. It's so messed up, gotta go, class.
Good bless you.

Lol. That's the way I am too but I try to bring my mind back to what I am reading whenever I notice that I start daydreaming. If u observe you will notice that you can catch yourself daydreaming. When u notice this, bring yourself back to your books. That is how the distractions will keep on coming and you will keep bringing yourself back to your books. With time you will notice that the distractions will be becoming less powerful.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 11:20pm On Oct 30, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Good bless you.
Its maldaptive daydream and this stuff are real, you just have to harness it that's the only u won't feel it again or think they are affecting you. You got to do what you are passionate about, when u fall into your passion maldaptive daydream becomes a strength and not weakness.

Sometimes after coming from daydream I do talk to myself and say stuff like Bro u know this is fake this is the real me talking now, I will repeat it and move on, cos I don't want to live a shadow life like I was doing before hoping my fantasy fulfills.

I wish you the best and hope u come out of college with flying colors... Just read what u can read and understand... There how an Adhd mind works especially when put to task... U would be surprised on exam day that everything is there on your mind.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by MumJJJ(f): 12:26am On May 03, 2018
WINNERMENTALITY:

Thank you guys

I bless this day! I have been researching about my little son's behavior which has caused me, both at home, at school and in the church. I never knew I can do something about it. am taking him to the hospital(fmc) tomorrow or next. his problem is ADHD.
A very intelligent boy, but he hardly sit still. but Any little thing he grabs, he doesn't forget. I pray we get treatment soon.

3 Likes

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by nowpresence(f): 7:47am On May 03, 2018
WINNERMENTALITY:

Can I get this drugs in Nigeria
please don't take drugs. It is a routine you have done over time and now it's a habit.
just mediate and practice mindfulness. it will be hard at the beginning but with time it will get better.
Also keep yourself busy, with that little by little new habit will be formed.
Don't be too hard on yourself, when you err always forgive yourself and tells yourself that is the best you could do at that time.
It's a life journey.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 6:30pm On May 17, 2018
nowpresence:

please don't take drugs. It is a routine you have done over time and now it's a habit.
just mediate and practice mindfulness. it will be hard at the beginning but with time it will get better.
Also keep yourself busy, with that little by little new habit will be formed.
Don't be too hard on yourself, when you err always forgive yourself and tells yourself that is the best you could do at that time.
It's a life journey.
Good luck
Thanks for the advice.. It meant alot to me.
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 6:47pm On May 17, 2018
MumJJJ:

I bless this day! I have been researching about my little son's behavior which has caused me, both at home, at school and in the church. I never knew I can do something about it. am taking him to the hospital(fmc) tomorrow or next. his problem is ADHD.
A very intelligent boy, but he hardly sit still. but Any little thing he grabs, he doesn't forget. I pray we get treatment soon.

At this stage, He need alot of motivation especially from his loved ones and pls don't attack him for anything he does bad especially when its clear to you a normal person wont do that; just keep reminding him and don't be tired.

But the best thing u can do for him is, finding what he is good in, then make sure u center his attention on those things, if he can get it right that side. Don't pay attention at others where he faults easily.

Adders has the best brain;do discover what a normal person Over looks but only when they are intrested in a thing. Just that they need to focus at doing just one thing in it entirety, though their mind have short impulses that makes them easily bored thereby leading them to try other things which make them more bored but if an Adder can focus on a thing, a career, a hobby or skill at early stage in thier life, during adulthood u hardly discover they where adders when they were young.

I have siblings who are adders but they themselves doesn't know cos they got their life figured out at a tender age.

Be strong mommy, u might have given birth to a great scientist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by oweniwe(m): 11:18am On May 18, 2018
WINNERMENTALITY:
What is happening to me, everyday I keep loosing it.. My head can't hold a thought for real, its not short term memory but over filled mind. Keep doing one mistake to another. Every home I have lived since I was 11, they have complained about this and am 26 now. My head is always full thinking, fantasying on one thing or the other. The only time I do have a calm mind is after waking up from a nap. I can't interact with people because my head is either in one thing or the other. The only thing I have advantage is when the matter at hand is about what am thinking presently.

I don't know what to term what is happening to me, But am gradually loosing it. Lived in about ten homes and now with my aunt and his husband is looking at me as if I am stubborn and he keep threatening if a little thing happens. I am scared of myself right now, don't even know what error I have done the last minute and only few people understand my condition. I am addicted to thoughts.

My childhood fantasy lifestyle has gotten a larger part of my brain and since then I became scared of myself,always looking for who to guard and direct me. I don't do girlfriends, I don't smoke, I don't drink, am not that dull as a person but can't have a calm mind.

Have been religious for a long time and the solution is not coming forth. The next thing on my mind is stay away from people especially people I know (family members) and know whether if in-dependency can make me forget or atleast put my attention away from this rar condition.

I don't know what is happening to me, I am loosing it gradually.

Pls I will entertain any solution...Am pissed off now of myself.

I'm like you. ... Always thinking and fantasizing.

Every time i close my eyes to sleep, i dream
Re: Am Gradually Loosing It by WINNERMENTALITY: 11:20am On May 18, 2018
oweniwe:

I'm like you. ... Always thinking and fantasizing.

Every time i close my eyes to sleep, i dream
Maladictive daydreaming. There are many people going through same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The First Baby Born In 2015 In Anambra State / What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe / ♥ 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother ♥

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.