Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Encouragement For Beginners - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Encouragement For Beginners (875 Views)

100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners / Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language / One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Encouragement For Beginners by uvalued(m): 6:41am On Sep 19, 2016

*Embrace failure. “Embrace things being broken and know it’s not your fault, it’s not because you’re stupid, it’s not because you’re bad at programming. It’s because that is the nature of this craft: to exist in a broken state.”

*In fact, failing is GOOD. “The only way for everything to work all the time would be to stop innovating. So get comfortable existing in a state of error.”

*Finish learning what you started. “Even if you’re learning a language that has become outdated, the act of finishing that learning process gives you something you won’t get by jumping from one thing to the next every time someone tells you to.”

*Give back to the coding community. “When it comes to finding a job as a developer, we always say that one of your goals is to become a ‘no-brainer hire.’ Imagine interviewing two candidates who are as competent as each other, but one blogs and one doesn’t. Who do you hire? I guarantee you it’s going to be the candidate giving back to the coding community.”

copied Laurence Bradford laurence@learntocodewith.me via

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me Please / 4g Usb Modem / Blogger Feedburner Solution Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.