Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners (3563 Views)

100 Days Of Code Challenge / Challenge For Javascript Beginners/intermidiate / Coding Challenge For Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by nollyj: 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
If you are reading this post now and will like to follow this challenge then you have to note the following.

1. This idea is focus on making you become better android developer

2. It will help you connect and share knowledge with other android developers

3. You can easily get help with questions related to android development

4. It might be challenging but it will help your understand how to plan and how to maintain a strict deadline as a developer.

5. The daily challenge process will instill a sense of discipline to work in you.

6. It will help you identify your strengths, weaknesses and consistencies

If you are convince and ready to take on this challenge, the first thing to do is to set up your development environment if you have not done that before.

You can install Android Studio in your computer for a start.

You can read more on [url="https://inducesmile.com/android/welcome-to-100-days-android-app-development-challenge-for-beginners/"]my blog[/url]

1 Like

Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by nollyj: 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
DAY 1 OF 100 DAYS ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE

We are finally on our day 1 of 100 days android app development challenge for beginners android developers.

I hope by now you have setup your working environment and you are willing to start soiling your hands with code.

TASK REQUIREMENTS

On app launch, Activity A page will appear on the screen with a random generated number

The Activity A and B will contain a Button and TextView widgets

The TextView widget will display a random number

The Button widget is wired with an onClick event.

When Activity A button is clicked, it will navigate to Activity B and display the generated random number on Activity B TextView widget.

When the Button widget on Activity B is clicked, it will generate a new random numbers and display it on the TextView on Activity A

The Activity A button text is “Activity A Button“ while Activity B is “Activity B Button“.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE DONE?

Like I said in the instruction, you can host your solution in Github, bucket or Pastebin and share the link on my blog. Use the link in the introduction post to submit your solution link.

WHAT IF I HAVE A QUESTION DURING A CHALLENGE?

We are all here to learn and improve. Feel free to ask questions that are related to the task in question. There are many people out there that will help your out.

WHY SHOULD I TAKE PART IN THIS CHALLENGE?

If you want to improve and get better with your android development knowledge and skill as a beginner this might be a right decision for you.

This will also give you the opportunity to connect to like-mind android developers around the world.

TASK SCREEN-SHOT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2017
[s]Thank God I am just starting Android, how much will the winner get?[/s]
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by nollyj: 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
dhtml18:
[s]Thank God I am just starting Android, how much will the winner get?[/s]

Grand Master - you are far more than this. Please stay around to help with questions when you have time.

1 Like

Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by nollyj: 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2017
DAY 2 OF 100 DAYS ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE

Please help us to get the word out to any body planning to learn or have started learning android development. We need as many people as possible who are motivated and willing to improve in their trade.

If you have question regarding the previous day challenge or present challenge kindly drop it here.

DAY 2 CHALLENGE IS ON EDITTEXT WIDGET

Today’s challenge is to write an android application that will have two activities – Activity A and B.

Activity A will contain two EditText widgets for email and password and a button widget. When a user inputs email and password and click the button, whatever the user has inputted will be displayed on Activity B on a TextView widgets.

TASK REQUIREMENTS

1, Create 2 Activity classes

2. Activity A (Launch Activity) will contain 2 EditText and a Button widgets

3. Activity B will contain 2 TextView widgets which will display the input values from EditTexts in Activity A

4. Activity A Button is wired with onClick event

5. The input values in Activity A must be validated for empty or null value before submitting to Activity B

6. The email value must be validated to make sure the input email address contains @ symbol

7. The password value must be hidden with asterisk or dot representation.

Like I said in the instruction, you can host your solution in Github, bucket or Pastebin and share the link on my blog. Use the link in the introduction post to submit your solution link.

We are all here to learn and improve. Feel free to ask questions that are related to the task in question. There are many people out there that will help your out.

If you want to improve and get better with your android development knowledge and skill as a beginner this might be a right decision for you.

This will also give you the opportunity to connect to like-mind android developers around the world.

TASK SCREEN-SHOT

Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by FrankLampard: 4:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
Nice On nollyj, always coming up with new stuffs.
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by nollyj: 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
FrankLampard:
@FrankLampard, Thanks
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
FrankLampard:
The dude is the new generation hot dude, me i don cool down - i have been relegated to the background (but i will be back)
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by Cooldude68(m): 8:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
nollyj:
DAY 2 OF 100 DAYS ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE

Please help us to get the word out to any body planning to learn or have started learning android development. We need as many people as possible who are motivated and willing to improve in their trade.

If you have question regarding the previous day challenge or present challenge kindly drop it here.

DAY 2 CHALLENGE IS ON EDITTEXT WIDGET

Today’s challenge is to write an android application that will have two activities – Activity A and B.

Activity A will contain two EditText widgets for email and password and a button widget. When a user inputs email and password and click the button, whatever the user has inputted will be displayed on Activity B on a TextView widgets.

TASK REQUIREMENTS

1, Create 2 Activity classes

2. Activity A (Launch Activity) will contain 2 EditText and a Button widgets

3. Activity B will contain 2 TextView widgets which will display the input values from EditTexts in Activity A

4. Activity A Button is wired with onClick event

5. The input values in Activity A must be validated for empty or null value before submitting to Activity B

6. The email value must be validated to make sure the input email address contains @ symbol

7. The password value must be hidden with asterisk or dot representation.

TASK SCREEN-SHOT
It's all about the Intent class...
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by sanxynet(m): 10:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
Nice but I don't think are following
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by CodeBlooded: 4:15am On Jan 14, 2017
Am in, Am I suppose to post the screenshot of every challenge here.
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by Cooldude68(m): 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2017
The challenge is nice & interesting. Keep them coming...
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by lekropasky(m): 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nice one nollyj. This is really cool...
I have a suggestion, I think after guys must have learned new stuffs about Android Development, this program should end with a challenge where all eligible participants should create a full functioning Android App so as to compliment everything they've learned.

This might really make it really interesting.
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by ChairmanOla: 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
I'm in

First,
Hold my beer.
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by 0luwatope(m): 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2017
I can solve challenge 1 and 2 with zero flaws but am far too busy with this project, can't leave it for this excert there is a prize and i dont think there will be any price cause dem novice go just copy and paste youtube video for us. startActivity(Bookspace);
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by nollyj: 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
DAY 3 OF 100 DAYS ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE

DAY 3 CHALLENGE IS ON ANDROID SPINNER

Today’s challenge is to create an android application with a single Activity A that contains a TextView, a Spinner and a Button widgets. The Spinner will be populated from a String-Array. When an option is selected from the Spinner widget and the submit button is clicked, the option value selected from the Spinner is displayed on a TextView.

TASK REQUIREMENTS

1. Create a Single Activity A (Launch Activity)

2. Add a Spinner, TextView and Button widgets to the layout file as show in the screen-shot below

3. The Spinner is populated from a String-Array in the Strings resources

4. When an option is selected from the Spinner and the submit button is clicked, the option value will be displayed on the TextView

5. The title of the option must be checked so that it will not be displayed rather it will let the use know through a Toast Message that an option must be selected.

Like I said in the instruction, you can host your solution in Github, bucket or Pastebin and share the link on my inducesmile[dot]come or you can share your link here.

TASK SCREEN-SHOT

Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by nollyj: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
DAY 4 OF 100 DAYS ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE

DAY 4 CHALLENGE IS ON ANDROID SEEKBAR

Today’s android challenge is to write an android application that contains a SeekBar widget. You should set the minimun value of the SeekBar to 0 and the maximum value to 100.

Add an event handle that will let the SeekBar to display a text when its progress indicator is between 40 – 45.

When it is outside this range hidden to displayed text.

TASK REQUIREMENTS

1. On app launch, Activity A page will appear on the screen with SeekBar and a TextView Widget

2. When the SeekBar progress indictor is between 40 and 45 display a text on the TextView

3. Hide the displayed text when the progress indictor of the SeekBar is outside this range.

Like I said in the instruction, you can host your solution in Github, bucket or Pastebin and share the link on my inducesmile[dot]come or you can share your link here.

TASK SCREEN-SHOT

Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by nollyj: 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
DAY 5 OF 100 DAYS ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE

DAY 5 CHALLENGE IS ON ANDROID RADIOGROUP AND RADIOBUTTON

Today’s android challenge is to write an android application that contains a RadioGroup.

The child RadioButton widgets will be four in number and its layout will be horizontal.

Add an event handler so that when a single RadioButton is selected it will displace its position in a TextView

TASK REQUIREMENTS

1. On app launch, Activity A page will appear on the screen with GroupRadio and a TextView Widget

2. The RadioButton widgets will be layout horizontally.

2. Wire an event handle to the RadioGroup

3. When a single RadioButton is selected, it will display its position on a TextView.

Like I said in the instruction, you can host your solution in Github, bucket or Pastebin and share the link on my inducesmile[dot]com or you can share your link here.

TASK SCREEN-SHOT

Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by nollyj: 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
DAY 6 OF 100 DAYS ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE

DAY 6 CHALLENGE IS ON ANDROID CHECKBOX

Today’s android challenge is to write an android application that contains four Checkbox and TextView widgets.

A user can select any or all the Checkboxes.

When the button is click and if any checkbox is selected, the checkbox value will be displayed on a TextView.

TASK REQUIREMENTS

1. On app launch, Activity A page will appear on the screen with four Checkbox and TextView widgets.

2. Feel free to select any and all the checkboxes

2. Click the button to display the value of the selected checkbox(es)

3. If no checkbox is selected before the button is click, display the message – No Checkbox selected

Like I said in the instruction, you can host your solution in Github, bucket or Pastebin and share the link on my inducesmile[dot]com or you can share your link here.

TASK SCREEN-SHOT

Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by gcyber: 6:18am On Jan 30, 2017
would have love to participate
but
no *PC*
Re: 100 Days Android Developer Challenge For Beginners by adenuga558(m): 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2017
download aide ide on your android phone

(1) (Reply)

Chattabox - A Bluetooth Chat Application - Your Reviews / Need School Management Software / TimeCoin - Developers wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.