Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? (31416 Views)

Odion Ighalo And Wife, Sonia Adesuwa Ighalo In Similar Outfits In New Pictures / Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by mummyson26(m): 11:33am On Sep 19, 2016
Kanu also miss one sitter like that for wesbrom
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by Guyman02: 11:33am On Sep 19, 2016
They are both from Edo State with plenty of witches and wizards; what does it tell you?

1 Like

Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by ChiSun27(m): 11:36am On Sep 19, 2016
That Yak own na world number one miss na....Ighalo's own can be missed by any striker.
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by enigma2007(m): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2016
Spar7tan:
it can happen to any player, even messi and ronaldo can miss clear chances than that. we're all prone to mistakes... but to say na for super eagle e try that, den for nonfirgive am, if I lie, ask yakubu..

Bros! The Yakubu miss was painful o! Took me awhile to forgive him.. grin
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by SuperBlack: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2016
As if any of you can play football
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by TAXMASTER: 11:50am On Sep 19, 2016
Iheanacho's is the worst undecided
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by robosky02(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2016
pxDharniel:
Yakubu's miss was far worse for the following reasons

1) It was in a world cup tournament. You can't compare to a premier league match

2) Had yakubu scored that goal, Nigeria would have advanced to the round of 16 instead of south korea

3) Ighalo played well yesterday besides the miss and watford went ahead to win the game

4) Ighalo was even given a standing ovation when he was substituted late in the game for his contribution

5) More importantly, yakubu missed an open net from 3 yards while ighalo missed from about 18 yards

However, while is goal.com fixated on ighalo's miss while not talk about the chances ibrahimovic gave up or how silly rooney was for the entire 90 minutes

Besides, great players like messi and ronaldo have equally missed better chances so let ighalo rest.
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by Arclan07: 11:58am On Sep 19, 2016
It can happen to any football star,even the likes of messi and Ronaldo can equally miss a goal worst than yakubus ,to me a mis kick in front of goal is not as bad as an own goal.
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by Heineken(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2016
robosky02:

really

but which is worse
bro yakubu own over worst.. Ighalo ain't too close to the net sef....
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by Kgdavid(m): 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
robosky02:

really

but which is worse

You can't even begin to compare the two. Yakubu's own was so bad that from that angle you literally have to be aiming to play the ball out for you to miss like he did. But if you have ever played football you will understand what happened with Ighalo... first the ball was almost on the edge of the 18 yard box (whereas Yakubu is on the edge of the 6 yard box ); second, the ball takes a slight bounce for Ighalo, right before he hits it and that changes everything, so you have to have really good technique or at least be very composed to strike it first time from that distance. Anyone could miss that, even though it looks so easy when you are watching it from the couch.
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by bigtt76(f): 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
No naaaaa ....Yakubu's miss can't be quantified grin He wasn't even required to do anything with the ball as it was already programmed to hit his shin and bounce into the net. Naaaa hin over sabi mind make am wan guide the ball tongue

2 Likes

Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by Kgdavid(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
Guyman02:
They are both from Edo State with plenty of witches and wizards; what does it tell you?

That Edo state dey produce sound footballers. Little wonder he had such a rapport with Isaac (also from Edo) when he was coming on.
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by 1stNumeroUno: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
Omo that Yakubu own is monumental! Besides, Ighalo's is a league match (which Watford eventually won). That Yakubu own was a determinant match remember?
Ha Aiye-ogbe-ni Yakubu where e dey set?

1 Like

Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by Kgdavid(m): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
bigtt76:
No naaaaa ....Yakubu's miss can't be quantified grin He wasn't even required to do anything with the ball as it was already programmed to hit his shin and bounce into the net. Naaaa hin over sabi mind make am wan guide the ball tongue

Actually, it seems like he was focusing so much on the development of the play that he forgot the location of the post...if you have played you football you will understand how this may be possible. it happens but it's no excuse for a top player, especially one like Yakubu who has proven his caliber over and over again
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by TPAND(f): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
econity:
Go and get an eye, how will you ask such question.
Ighalo 'yakubud can not and should never be compared with Ayegbeni yakubud. The are mile apart.

Hope you know "The Yak" is miles ahead of Ighalo. Ighalo is one of the most overrated strikers in the history of Nigerian Football.

1 Like

Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by Niyinficient(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yakuba and Ighalo dey learn frm worst goal misses. Go to youtube and type worst open goal misses. You u see worst! Frm neymar to Ronaldo, to Ibra to Lunjunberg to Torres! The list goes on!

1 Like

Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by robosky02(m): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
Niyinficient:
Yakuba and Ighalo dey learn frm worst goal misses. Go to youtube and type worst open goal misses. You u see worst! Frm neymar to Ronaldo, to Ibra to Lunjunberg to Torres! The list goes on!

you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unk40fyw9Lg
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by AOB1: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
davss02:
Noting concern me
Meanwhile,osaze said uncle aghauwa is his mentor and back then,osaze was 31 and aghauwa was 29...
Lwkmd!
Badt guy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
Rayman5:
Op u see dat Yakubu Miss eeeh....Cripple fit use PRICK score dat goal
oboi u no go kill me wit laugh oooo.

1 Like

Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by moonraker(m): 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nah, Yakubu`s miss was and is still worse because of the closeness to goal...

Yakubu was really close to the goal, real close and he just pissed it all up. I am still very mad..

With Ighalor chance, You have to take into consderation alot of factors, He technically wasnt well balanced to put it away.

Still though, for a top striker like himself, that is hugh miss...
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by donem: 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
econity:
Ighalo 'yakubud can not and should never be compared with Ayegbeni yakubud. The are mile apart.
you spoke my mind entirely, was very annoyed when I watched the ighalo miss for it to be compared to that of Yakubu, thought he floped the ball on the goal line.

Am very certain I may never witness a miss as terrible as that of Yakubu.
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by AOB1: 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
TAXMASTER:
Iheanacho's is the worst undecided
mehnn!!! sad dis guy na real mumu
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by kay9(m): 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
econity:

grin Didn't know "yakubud" is now a word...
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by missKiffy(f): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yakubu's miss is worse
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by prodigy97(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
davss02:
Noting concern me
Meanwhile,osaze said uncle aghauwa is his mentor and back then,osaze was 31 and aghauwa was 29...
Lwkmd!
lol u no go kill person
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by michoim(m): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yakubu own is evidently worse
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by stanisbaratheon: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ighalo's miss was a bad miss no doubt but Yakubu's is second to none. For me yakubu's is among top 5 of all time.
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by Rekyz(m): 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yakubu miss is worse na. My grandma would easily put d ball into dat net. Rooney missed in similar fashion back in 2006.

2 Likes

Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by ganie(m): 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
This is not worse than F.Torres' miss,and players such as Kanu,F.Inzaghi has missed chances close to the goal post like that of Yakubu.
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by stanisbaratheon: 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
This is what a commentator has to say about Yakubu's miss.

stanisbaratheon:

''Nigerian striker Yakubu was set up with an absolutely perfect opportunity right in front of the goal. With the keeper sprawled out beside him and a wide open net waiting to be fed the ball, Yakubu tried to flick the pass in for the astonishingly easy score and he put it wide of the post. He missed. I still don’t think it was possible, but he missed. Well, he did hit a water bottle, but that doesn’t count for anything''.
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by talk2dmc(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yakubu still top the chart till infinity , followed by Tores .
Re: Was Odion Ighalo’s Miss Worse Than Yakubu Vs. South Korea? by todaynewsreview: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
I don't think so. Yakubu's was a world class miss. I will recommend young stars to learn some skills from Papilo like some here >>> http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1477/what-kanu-nwankwo-can-do-with-the-ball-video

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mentioning Messi Saved My Life, Says Argentine Kidnapped In Nigeria / US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' / Iheanacho, Ezeh, Obasi And Baba With Nigerian U13 In 2010 (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.