Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? (1564 Views)

I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday / Comparing Usnapp With Jiji And OLX / How Do I Advertise On Jiji Premium? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by bawz012(m): 10:10am On Sep 19, 2016
My ogas,

Am kinda in the middle of a transaction on JIJI._ng now.

And they request that i pay 50% up front

Am in Lagos and they are in Abuja.

Kindly Advice me pls!
Re: Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by mannatech: 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
bawz012:
My ogas,

Kindly Advice me pls!
There re so many lagos based sellers both here and olx who you can easily meet and inspect before payment. Why take the risk! This kind of pre conditions are mostly typical of scammers

2 Likes

Re: Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
I honestly believe you shouldn't follow through. Any transaction which doesn't demand a full payment upfront is one I wouldn't indulge in. Find a buyer you have the ability to meet with face to face before engaging in business of any sort.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by beinstein(m): 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
Don't dare go further with the transaction, I repeat, don't go any further!
Unless you have the money in excess and want to gift some Nigga.
Send him the money and you'll forever regret doing so. Only a scammer would ask you to pay upfront before he sends the item(s). A genuine seller would insist on face-to-face transaction for proper inspection of the item(s).

3 Likes

Re: Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by civilserva: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
bawz012:
My ogas,

Kindly Advice me pls!

I don't know what's wrong with some of you even as bodly stated you shouldn't pay anyone without seeing the item. Anyone asking you to part your money is a fraudster.

1 Like

Re: Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by Mattex001(m): 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
civilserva:

I don't know what's wrong with some of you even as bodly stated you shouldn't pay anyone without seeing the item. Anyone asking you to part your money is a fraudster.

U DEY MIND AM!! MUMU OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!

Despite all the CAUTION SOME FOLKS ARE U JUST MEANT TO

LEARN IN THE HARD WAY! WHEN DEY SCAM U FINISH U GO COME HERE COME DEY YARN GIBBERISH
Re: Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
Bros na scam ooo
I contacted a seller on jiji for PS4 and he requested I pay 50% upfront since he is in Abuja while I'm in Lagos, I refused and the guy resorted to calling me names.
My advice is don't pay upfront on jiji, it's a trap bro.

1 Like

Re: Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by gidjah(m): 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
Don't pay up front sir,that's a fraudulent person,I work on Jiji my self,lots of fraudulent activities going on there ,pls stay safe,though it seem to be the norm with all our social sales sites,just a case of mixed multitudes

1 Like

Re: Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by hakinze00(m): 3:00am On Sep 20, 2016
This kind tin no need advice, 1st of all you dnt knw the person u re dealing u haven't see him b4,u dnt ve an address to trace in case d transactions goes wrong nd u re here seeking for advice in fact if a genuine seller sees a buyer that pays for a product upfront and he knows there is no way he can track him down na 2 chop d money remain nah. Lol just kidding but for this recession period na him u wan use money gamble...
Re: Have You Bought Anything On JIJI._ng? Anyone? by bawz012(m): 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
hakinze00:
This kind tin no need advice, 1st of all you dnt knw the person u re dealing u haven't see him b4,u dnt ve an address to trace in case d transactions goes wrong nd u re here seeking for advice in fact if a genuine seller sees a buyer that pays for a product upfront and he knows there is no way he can track him down na 2 chop d money remain nah. Lol just kidding but for this recession period na him u wan use money gamble...

Funny guy..

Thanx all d same.

i told him to send d product down to Lagos without a kobo paid.

he said NO.

So i said NO too.

and transaction failed.

(1) (Reply)

Mini Hydro Power Turbine And Alternator / Sold / SOLD- Google Pixel 2XL USA Used @65k Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.