Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? (5187 Views)

To Which Age Will Christian God Return? / What Age Will Human Be In Heaven Or Hell? / Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
hahn:

Just take a picture of heaven on your next trip cheesy

We must go together, but u first
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by analice107: 11:53pm On Sep 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Will there be old people and children in Heaven?

This is how you know. How old is Angel Gabriel or Michael?

We shall be spirits and spirits are ageless and sexless.
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by analice107: 12:17am On Sep 23, 2016
dblackninja:

-Are you saying that children will be children for eternity without enjoying teenage/adulthood? shocked

- What of those sucking breast, will they still be sucking that breast since there's no aging there. Or will they grow teeth & start eating golden chicken??

-What of parents that their children didn't make it? Will they request for a royal permission to have sex & perhaps beget another child? Or will some other child be appointed to them?

-Likewise the children, will they be crying that their parents didn't make it or will a guardian be appointed to them?

-Will the toothless babies also join in singing the glorious hyms for eternity if aging & food doesn't matter? cheesy

You know absolutely nothing about God. wow.
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11am On Sep 23, 2016
analice107:

This is how you know. How old is Angel Gabriel or Michael?

About 6,000 years young. cool

analice107:

We shall be spirits and spirits are ageless and sexless.

But God made us tripartite beings not just spirits, we are made in the image of God. smiley
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by hahn(m): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2016
adjoviomole:

We must go together, but u first

Shame no dey catch you undecided
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2016
hahn:

Shame no dey catch you undecided
Shame on top wetin?
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by dblackninja: 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
analice107:

You know absolutely nothing about God. wow.
Oh you know something right cool? Now dear, tell us what you do know.

1 Like

Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by analice107: 9:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

About 6,000 years young. cool

But God made us tripartite beings not just spirits, we are made in the image of God. smiley
Yes He made us Tripartite to enable us function in this physical material realm. The body belongs here, but the Spirit and soul doesn't.

When the body expires, it remains here, but the spirit, whether regenerated or dead in sin will transcend to the afterlife.

In the Afterlife, we wont be Tripartite anymore. We will be as the Angels. Spirits. ageless and sexless.

When we wear that indestructible and incorruptible body, we wont grow old, and wont die again.

God is going to fully resurrect our physical bodies from this earth and then transform them into new, glorified, spiritual bodies. When that occurs, our souls and our spirits will then be reunited and put back into this new spiritual body, and this new glorified, spiritual body will then be the one that we will live with for all of eternity.

“So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.” (1 Corinthians 15:44)

Notice in the above verse it says that our bodies were initially sown in “corruption” and “weakness,” but they will be raised in “incorruption.” This means that our new bodies will be imperishable, immortal, and indestructible.

But age wont reflect on us, because ageing is a material component, not spiritual.
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2016
adjoviomole:

Wait till we get der n see for ourselves grin

I can't wait until I get there. I believe there are answers in the Bible don't you think? undecided
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Sep 29, 2016
sonofthunder:

hmmmmm...
anyways I doubt the revealed word of God gives us so much details as to ascertain whether this will be possible.
OLAADEGBU come and answer your question for us

Will you believe my answer? cool
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

what about babies?
Foetuses?

Good question. cool
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Sep 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

They are physical phenomena. We are souls/spirits (or so they say) so at that dimension/plane our 'intellectual' capacities will be the same so the concept of foetuses and babies will be non-existent.

Where did you get that from? undecided
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Sep 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

i dont really get you here..
i mean at the ''rapture''
definitely kids would be around(below 3 years),,foetuses in pregnant women,,(underdeveloped and developed)..
Will they be raptured to heaven?
A sinning mother with a foetuse...who willl be left behind?
A good mother and a foetuse?
Will the foetuse become an adult?

If they(foetuses) dont have a soul or spirit..at what age do we acquire it? Or something..

These are interesting and thoughtful questions you are asking here. Let's hope some bible scholars would be able to help us out. cool
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2016
dblackninja:

-Are you saying that children will be children for eternity without enjoying teenage/adulthood? shocked

- What of those sucking breast, will they still be sucking that breast since there's no aging there. Or will they grow teeth & start eating golden chicken??

-What of parents that their children didn't make it? Will they request for a royal permission to have sex & perhaps beget another child? Or will some other child be appointed to them?

-Likewise the children, will they be crying that their parents didn't make it or will a guardian be appointed to them?

-Will the toothless babies also join in singing the glorious hyms for eternity if aging & food doesn't matter? cheesy

I still believe that there are answers out there. Let's hope that some seasoned bible scholars will answer the macedonia call. cheesy
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

I know not. It is beyond the scope of this thread.

Those question of cause are within the scope of this thread. cheesy
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2016
adjoviomole:

I have not been der yet so, I can't know everything. All I have to say is wait till we get der, we will understand it all by n by dats if u bliv in it anyway.

We will understand it better bye and bye. cheesy
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by Ranchhoddas: 11:11am On Sep 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Where did you get that from? undecided
The same place we all get stuff- Our imaginations.
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On Sep 29, 2016
oaroloye:

SHALOM!

AGEDNESS is a Physical Attribute.

The Ancient TOLTEC Super-Sorcerers could not achieve Everlasting Life, so, what they did, was to reverse their ageing once they got to a certain point.

Don Juan Maths told Carlos Castaneda, that his Benefactor, the Nagual Julian, could use the technique called THE GAIT OF POWER to alter his apparent age, and present as a young man, or an old man at will.

[He used his aged guise to manipulate people- as he did when he first met Juan Maths as a young boy, dying of gunshot to the chest. He faked people that this was his long-lost son, whom he had been looking for, only to find him murdered. As a result, people rushed to his aid, and did what he needed to Herbalistically save his life.]

[See: JOURNEY TO IXTLAN, by Carlos Castaneda.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda.
THE POWER OF SILENCE, by Carlos Castsneda.]

What would be the apparent age of everyone in heaven? What would they appear to be? Old or young? undecided
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2016
analice107:

Yes He made us Tripartite to enable us function in this physical material realm. The body belongs here, but the Spirit and soul doesn't.

When the body expires, it remains here, but the spirit, whether regenerated or dead in sin will transcend to the afterlife.

Our spirit, soul and body makes us tripartite in this world, right?

analice107:

In the Afterlife, we wont be Tripartite anymore. We will be as the Angels. Spirits. ageless and sexless.

When we wear that indestructible and incorruptible body, we wont grow old, and wont die again.

I believe angels had an apparent age and they appeared to be males, no? undecided

analice107:

God is going to fully resurrect our physical bodies from this earth and then transform them into new, glorified, spiritual bodies. When that occurs, our souls and our spirits will then be reunited and put back into this new spiritual body, and this new glorified, spiritual body will then be the one that we will live with for all of eternity.

Why should God resurrect our physical bodies from this earth in order to glorify it? Why would God not make us new bodies apart from the ones we had here on earth? undecided

analice107:

“So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.” (1 Corinthians 15:44)

Notice in the above verse it says that our bodies were initially sown in “corruption” and “weakness,” but they will be raised in “incorruption.” This means that our new bodies will be imperishable, immortal, and indestructible.

But age wont reflect on us, because ageing is a material component, not spiritual.

This means we are not complete without our bodies which made us tripartite otherwise we would remain with our spirits and souls without glorified bodies. What then would be the apparent age of our glorified bodies?
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by adjoviomole(m): 11:51am On Sep 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I can't wait until I get there. I believe there are answers in the Bible don't you think? undecided

Seeing is bliving. So till den.
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by analice107: 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I believe angels had an apparent age and they appeared to be males, no? undecided

Why should God resurrect our physical bodies from this earth in order to glorify it? Why would God not make us new bodies apart from the ones we had here on earth? undecided

This means we are not complete without our bodies which made us tripartite otherwise we would remain with our spirits and souls without glorified bodies. What then would be the apparent age of our glorified bod

ies?

[quote]
Our spirit, soul and body makes us tripartite in this world, right?
[quote]

Yes, in this world, are tripartite.

Lets establish a fact here as we go on. The Judgment or rather the rewarding of the saints comes first, before the judgement of the entire sinful mankind. because the First resurrection involves only the saints. When Christ will return for the Millennial reign, he comes to reign along side the saints.

so, the judgement seat of Christ is not the same as the White throne Judgement. This sets after the Millennial reign of Christ

That said.

All sins are committed in this body, we resurrect to stand Judgement base on that.

Here is what the Scriptures says...

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things DONE IN THIS BODY, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
2 Corinthians:5:10

We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” In context, it is clear that this passage refer to Christians, not unbelievers. The judgment seat of Christ, therefore, involves believers giving an account of their lives to Christ.

Believers who maximised their giftings or talents, gets rewarded at this point, some will make heaven, but no rewards, because they buried their talents.

Well, i dont know why God decides that its this body he will glorify instead of an entirely new one. Christ who was God in flesh, died and resurrected in this body, and it was that body which was glorified.

I believe there are stuff we'll get answers wen we meet up there.

When our Lord Jesus said, We shall be like the Angels, what do you understand it to mean?

I understand that Angels are Spirits, they are ageless, and sexless.

The Angel Gabriel who appeared to Abraham, lot, Gideon, Samson's Father, all the prophets, Daniel, Zacharias, Joseph and Mary the mother of Christ down to Apostle Paul, was still the same. If Angels grow old, then must certainly die (?)

My understanding is that, "The Fall" activated ageing which resulted to death.

If there's no death in heaving, then they won't be aging, yeah?

well, i maybe wrong, but i think its safe to say, Since Our Lord died at the age of 33 and resurrected and ascended at that same age, we too will resurrect at the ages we die and shall live so forever in our glorified bodies.
Pls i need a stronger hand to help me here
cc. KingEbukasblog. MrPresident, pls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by sonofthunder: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Will you believe my answer? cool
that would depend on what backs the answer in the form of reasons, bible verses etc
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by MrPresident1: 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
Babes, let us examine Scriptures...
Isaiah 65:22
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

God says the His elect would LONG enjoy the work of their hands.

Remember that Christ says, behold I come QUICKLY, yet 2,000 years later we are still expecting the messiah.

Now the same One who calls 2,000years 'quickly' has now said 'His elect would LONG enjoy the work of their hands.

To understand YAH's perspective on time, we need to know that the notion of time is meaningless to Him, 1 MILLION years is another day past.
analice107:

Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by analice107: 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
MrPresident1:
Babes, let us examine Scriptures...
Isaiah 65:22
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

God says the His elect would LONG enjoy the work of their hands.

Remember that Christ says, behold I come QUICKLY, yet 2,000 years later we are still expecting the messiah.

Now the same One who calls 2,000years 'quickly' has now said 'His elect would LONG enjoy the work of their hands.

To understand YAH's perspective on time, we need to know that the notion of time is meaningless to Him, 1 MILLION years is another day past.

Isa 66: 22 You quoted is not talking about humanity after resurrection.

When we resurrect, whether as saints or sinners, they shall be no more dying as we know it now. No more aging and then dying.

See here what verse 20 said...

There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
Isaiah:65:20

This was a prophecy about the Church which Jesus was to establish on earth.

in this earth, we shall labour but we shall no longer labour in vain.

They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
Isaiah:65:23

But in that world, all labours shall cease.

In the earth above, we still need to call out to God for help.

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
Isaiah:65:24

In the world were Christ reigns, we don't need to call out anymore, for he will be King.

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
Isaiah:65:25

The Wolves and Lambs eating grass together, signifies all if us eating and drinking from God's table. The word of God is meat indeed.

Wolf signifies that once wicked, brutal killer who would have taken a Christian (a lamb) like a prey, but is now gentle, harmless and kind towards the Christian.

In this earth referred to here, they shall be death, but no more pre-mature deaths. We shall fulfil our days.

But the above comes with obedience to God.

This sir, does not speak of the world the Op is referring to here.

The Op is about dying and resurrecting and what happens then.
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
analice107:

You really did well . Let me add this :

Age is simply an effect of time on a person - it spans from your birth date to the present year . What makes this possible is how we measure time on earth . We have seconds , minutes , hours , days , months , years etc to measure time . We have the daytime and nighttime which make one day . And we need the heaven bodies and their relationship with the earth to determine how long a day and a year are which helps with the knowledge of age .

But let's take a good look at the bible's description of life during Christ's eternal reign in Heaven - the new earth .

Revelation 22:1-5
22 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.

4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

Now paying close attention to verse 5 , we can see clearly that there will be no moon or sun "for the Lord God will give them light " .

And what gives us the awareness of time ? Mostly the functionalities of the sun and the moon . Now these entities will no longer exist thus eliminating that presence of time .

Also remember that we have resurrection bodies which are impervious to change . There is also a passing away of this universe - the whole system changes , possibly a change in our dimension in which time is no longer a constituent .

Now we have a total new world which is immutable and since time is a measure of change , time itself at that time in our world will no longer exist.

So we have resurrection bodies , with a total new immutable universe - earth and other planets - which will exist eternally according to verse 5 . Eternal here means no end , that means we will be ageless - time no longer has any effect on us since it does not exist .

I hope I was clear enough dear .
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by analice107: 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Age is simply an effect of time on a person - it spans from your birth date to the present year . What makes this possible is how we measure time on earth . We have seconds , minutes , hours , days , months , years etc to measure time . We have the daytime and nighttime which make one day . And we need the heaven bodies and their relationship with the earth to determine how long a day and a year are which helps with the knowledge of age .

But let's take a good look at the bible's description of life during Christ's eternal reign in Heaven - the new earth .

Revelation 22:1-5
22 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.

4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

Now paying close attention to verse 5 , we can see clearly that there will be no moon or sun "for the Lord God will give them light " .

And what gives us the awareness of time ? Mostly the functionalities of the sun and the moon . Now these entities will no longer exist thus eliminating that presence of time .

Also remember that we have resurrection bodies which are impervious to change . There is also a passing away of this universe - the whole system changes , possibly a change in our dimension in which time is no longer a constituent .

Now we have a total new world which is immutable and since time is a measure of change , time itself at that time in our world will no longer exist.

So we have resurrection bodies , with a total new immutable universe - earth and other planets - which will exist eternally according to verse 5 . Eternal here means no end , that means we will be ageless - time no longer has any effect on us since it does not exist .

I hope I was clear enough dear .

More than enough sir. Respect.
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
analice107:

More than enough sir. Respect.

We thank God

1 Like

Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by Ranchhoddas: 12:41am On Sep 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Age is simply an effect of time on a person - it spans from your birth date to the present year . What makes this possible is how we measure time on earth . We have seconds , minutes , hours , days , months , years etc
Time as we know it is simply a function of the Earth's rotation. Does the highlighted mean that if the Earth did not rotate, we wouldn't age? In light of your answer, I'd also want you to tell me whether the Earth was rotating before Adam and Eve ate the fruit.
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:40am On Sep 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Time as we know it is simply a function of the Earth's rotation. Does the highlighted mean that if the Earth did not rotate, we wouldn't age? In light of your answer, I'd also want you to tell me whether the Earth was rotating before Adam and Eve ate the fruit.

Genesis 2:17
You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

"You shall surely die" - Spiritual death which is a total separation from God .

So to your question , yes the Earth was rotating before they ate the fruit . Read the creation story dude !!!
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by Ranchhoddas: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Genesis 2:17
You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

"You shall surely die" - Spiritual death which is a total separation from God .

So to your question , yes the Earth was rotating before they ate the fruit . Read the creation story dude !!!
Would they have aged if they did not eat the fruit?
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Would they have aged if they did not eat the fruit?

God did not create Adam to be immortal , "you shall surely die" refers to spiritual death .
Re: What Age Will Everyone Be In Heaven? by sonofluc1fer: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
Funny thread. Grown-ups discussing fairy tales with such serious opinions. grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can A Doctor Believe He Saw D Ghost Of A Patient? Religion Has Killed Naija! / What Then Happens To The Unbeliever? / Reason Why Islam Is A Satanic Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.