Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct (55073 Views)

Munonyedi Kelvin Egbo Graduates From University Of Glasgow UK With Distinction / I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? / First Class Graduate Who Can't Spell 'Distinction' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Carmal90(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
ochuciano:

we and South Africa are almost in d same ship.

Maximum 500k u Don get ur degree.

Thanks, but I don't get u clearly..
Did u mean with 500k am home and dry
Can u pls give me link to the said program
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
Good day Olatopical readers. So sorry for posting this so lately. I was fast asleep last night so i couldn't finish my writeup. I promise not to repeat this again.

My topic for today is "the dangers of wearing dirty underwears in men".
Not excluding myself, we don't know about the implications and some of us don't even care to know.
I just learnt about this recently and i want to share it with my fellow men who live the same lifestyle. Below are the implications..

It has now become a lifestyle among men to wear one underwear for days till it becomes dirty without bothering to change it.

Implications Of Wearing Dirty
Underwears.
* your skin will..... continue reading this http://olatopical..com.ng/2016/10/men-dangers-involve-in-wearing-dirty.html?m=1
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by festboi: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
acorntree:

Even with HND+PGD+MSC no university will employ her as a lecturer, only polytechnic. Career path for HND graduates is just too narrow especially in academics.
we are far behind in this country
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by sben2308(m): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
enshi:
My cousin holds HND distinction in engineering.. .
Pls is it possible for her to enroll for her Masters in any university pls people help us with useful info

No she can't because she needs a foundation for post graduate. You can give me a call on 08035079449 or visit me at 280 Lagos road ikorodu Lagos state.
Thanks
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by GaiusGcube(m): 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
the most important thing is God's blessings upon your certificate.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Sheggy13(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
stuffs4me:

Polytechnics don't offer chemistry courses.
My emphasis is on PhD Chemistry, never said HND Chemistry. You can study SLT, while majoring in Chemistry for HND.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
Carmal90:

Thanks, but I don't get u clearly..
Did u mean with 500k am home and dry
Can u pls give me link to the said program

1st thing u need to evaluate ur results (Waec, ND and HND). This is done through SAQA. Hurry and do it now so that u can apply in December. Go to the SAQA website and read through what u need to do.

After the evaluation by SAQA, u can now apply to UNISA. It's is a one year programme if u have HND. Type UNISA and SAQA on Google to know abt everything
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
Vegasailin:
I graduated with distinction in marine engineering. im planning on doing PGD in logistics and transport management then Masters....I dont think any school will accept Msc. straight without PGD here in Nigeria

Y not major in ur core marine engineering?
It will benefit u more, than branching into mgt
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by 1kinggy(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
Luvdmx:
Yes you can. I also had HND (distinction)

I did my masters without PGD.

UI has a professional masters in engineering but you might some work experience to qualify.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by 1kinggy(m): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
ochuciano:

1st thing u need to evaluate ur results (Waec, ND and HND). This is done through SAQA. Hurry and do it now so that u can apply in December. Go to the SAQA website and read through what u need to do.

After the evaluation by SAQA, u can now apply to UNISA. It's is a one year programme if u have HND. Type UNISA and SAQA on Google to know abt everything

You can also try University of Portsmouth, UK.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by kabrud: 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
AheadMarket:
I'm a graduate of a university. But, I don't see reasons for discriminating against polytechnics. Is it one of the stupidity of Nigeria? grin grin grin
U never jam poly graduate. Some of them are not better than Sch Certs. Some HND holders who joined my class in 200L via DE were withdrawn in 300L due to academics.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by fergie001: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
CORRECTMAN78:

Pls don't be offended bro/sis, which one is academic MSc again? Thanks
We have academic and professional.Academic are those which u need in order 2 further for PhD and d likes,usually for those who work in institutions ,research institutes example,lecturers,researchers et Al.It is these ones that go further to be Professor and d likes.
Some are professional courses that won't let u further for a PhD and so;usually for managers,directors of companies,business schools,etc.
Examples involve professional courses like CPEEL,etc.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
1kinggy:

You can also try University of Portsmouth, UK.
we are considering forex now
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
kabrud:

U never jam poly graduate. Some of them are not better than Sch Certs. Some HND holders who joined my class in 200L via DE were withdrawn in 300L due to academics.

u dey reason through ur anus, I wonder the kind of graduate nigeria universities are producing this days.

We have both dull graduates from universities and polytechnics. That does not mean that any products from these system are dull. It's an individual thing, not the system that made them dull

4 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by demex24(m): 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
oc2fish:
pls go and get B.Tech/B.Eng because with HND you are not recognize by professional bodies like COREN as an Engineer. No academic department will employ you because of the deficit. If you like academics go and get your degree. pgd is a no no for you.
Those facts are wrong pls.check COREN and NSE requirement on that sir.

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by log1(m): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
fxbot:
It is possible but in the US. If she can strife for a scholarship, it will aid fees.

All she has to do is convert her HND to US standard. The reason is that in the US, their grade point is on 4.0 scale like we have in Nigeria. And practically speaking, by the time the grades are standardized, it will almost likely be more than what she got here in Nigeria because of the more course and hours alotted to out courses..

There is an organization that US recommend for the conversion. I can't remember. Google it. @champellajoe, log1 please can you help with organization that does the HND conversion?

Tell your cousin to give it a try. Trust me, it is possible.

@ensh, from what I used to know, PGD is a requirement before HND holder can obtain MSC degree in Nigeria. But if truly Luvdmx is doing his MSc without PDG route in UI, I implore him to throw more light on how he went about it.

In response to fxbot question, if you are dreaming of going abroad, you are qualify to apply directly for MSc degree. Just evaluate your credentials by one of the numerous agencies like ECE, WES, NACES. I strongly recommend WES. Take your time to read the article below, it will guide you on how to go about obtaining your MSc degree in the state.

"What you will read below is the inspirational story of a 29-year-old Nigerian from Bauchi who graduated with an HND in Electronics Engineering from the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi, in 2009 and wound up getting a PhD in Information Security from Purdue University last month

http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2016/09/ibrahim-waziri-from-hnd-in-nigeria-to.html
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by kabrud: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
ochuciano:

u dey reason through ur anus, I wonder the kind of graduate nigeria universities are producing this days.

We have both dull graduates from universities and polytechnics. That does not mean that any products from these system are dull. It's an individual thing, not the system that made them dull
And u must insult to drive home ur point huh? This is exactly what I'm talking about, a poly graduate cannot stand any uni graduate from whichever angle it is being viewed as long as it has to do with academic moulding and the only way out is to resort to insult. Just imagine, u can't piece up few words together to make a correct sentence even on a topic like this grin. A good SS3 student will spot those grammatical blunders.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
kabrud:

And u must insult to drive home ur point huh? This is exactly what I'm talking about, a poly graduate cannot stand any uni graduate from whichever angle it is being viewed as long as it has to do with academic moulding and the only way out is to resort to insult. Just imagine, u can't piece up few words together to make a correct sentence even on a topic like this grin. A good SS3 student will spot those grammatical blunders.

I am a university graduate and I just prove u wrong.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by kabrud: 2:48am On Oct 03, 2016
ochuciano:

I am a university graduate and I just prove u wrong.
Taa! Impossible. Uni graduates can't be this bad.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Luvdmx(m): 5:22am On Oct 03, 2016
agwunchauc:
which school please

Cyprus international University. Depending on your fund, you can also do your masters with HND in most advance countries
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by stuffs4me(m): 5:53am On Oct 03, 2016
AheadMarket:

...are the same grin

I'm beginning to doubt you went to a university for you to believe that the curricula of the university and polyphonic are the same. I would advise you go and ask for a refund of your school fees.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by stuffs4me(m): 6:00am On Oct 03, 2016
Sheggy13:

My emphasis is on PhD Chemistry, never said HND Chemistry. You can study SLT, while majoring in Chemistry for HND.

How can you compare yourself to someone who did a full degree course in the university with your SLT from the polytechnic. They are not even close.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Sheggy13(m): 6:06am On Oct 03, 2016
stuffs4me:

How can you compare yourself to someone who did a full degree course in the university with your SLT from the polytechnic. They are not even close.
I'm not comparing. Please try and read stuffs before you challenge someone. We're talking about someone who has studied up to PhD level and lecturing and I'm letting you he did SLT as a first degree before doing PGD Chem, MSc and PhD.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 8:00am On Oct 03, 2016
kabrud:

Taa! Impossible. Uni graduates can't be this bad.

hahahahahahaha. Now u know universities and polytechnics have dullards. It's not limited only to polytechnics
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2016
stuffs4me:

They are close my friend.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by kabrud: 9:05am On Oct 03, 2016
ochuciano:

hahahahahahaha. Now u know universities and polytechnics have dullards. It's not limited only to polytechnics
It seems u didn't get my point. Anyway, bye.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 10:07am On Oct 03, 2016
kabrud:

It seems u didn't get my point. Anyway, bye.

Ur mindset is very wrong. For u, only dullards goes to polytechnic, and the intelligent ones to university.

Your way of reasoning is y our educational system is in rot today.

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by kabrud: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2016
ochuciano:

Ur mindset is very wrong. For u, only dullards goes to polytechnic, and the intelligent ones to university.

Your way of reasoning is y our educational system is in rot today.

My point is that u are a poly graduate cos all these grammatical blunders and aggressive tendencies (due to complex) are typical of poly graduates. Stop claiming, cos products of both systems still struggle before getting good job placements.
Also, u are getting everything rather twisted. It is the academic rigours in the systems that mould the end products not the intelligence or lack of it, as u are trying to REASON for me. This is what u could infer and u can't hold me responsible for ur poor inference.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by kabrud: 11:27am On Oct 03, 2016
stuffs4me:

Very far apart cos both systems operate on different founding mandates. Is just like a nurse comparing himself with a medical doctor because they both studied related courses. Even the private sectors that are profit-driven will take them in place of uni graduates with conditions such as low GL, low remuneration etc.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ochuciano(m): 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
kabrud:

My point is that u are a poly graduate cos all these grammatical blunders and aggressive tendencies (due to complex) are typical of poly graduates. Stop claiming, cos products of both systems still struggle before getting good job placements.
Also, u are getting everything rather twisted. It is the academic rigours in the systems that mould the end products not the intelligence or lack of it, as u are trying to REASON for me. This is what u could infer and u can't hold me responsible for ur poor inference.

who do u think will be a better judge? Product of both systems or one system.

Can we share linkedin ID? For the house to decide who have a better job placement.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by piousMind(m): 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Vegasailin:
I graduated with distinction in marine engineering. im planning on doing PGD in logistics and transport management then Masters....I dont think any school will accept Msc. straight without PGD here in Nigeria

Nice!!!
in which university do you intend running the programme?

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday / Angry Zambian Father Slaps His Son Over Poor Result After Paying $21k As Tuition / NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.