Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

6 Street Foods Every Nigerian Loves - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 6 Street Foods Every Nigerian Loves (1347 Views)

Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most / Top 10 Nigerian Street Foods...Mouth Watering Indeed!!! / 6 Simple Foods Every Nigerian Women Must Know How To Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Street Foods Every Nigerian Loves by freemeicid(m): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
These foods are not just a means to quenching hunger, they also stand as a form of identity of the people who eat them. And you can’t claim to be Nigerian if at least two of these aren’t among your favourites.

1. Puff puff
Good ol’ puff puff is one of everybody’s favourite. Made with flour, yeast, sugar, nutmeg, some salt and water, it’s been saving lives and serving as breakfast for many Nigerians since the beginning of time.
No one can resist the delicious goodness of soft, brown puff puff.

2. Akara
Bean cake, popularly known as Akara, is made with ground beans and some seasoning.
It is most times sold alongside fried yam and potatoes, and has been serving a good purpose in the lives of hungry Nigerians.

3. Suya
Yummy, delicious, peppery suya can never ever go wrong.
This mostly evening-time delicacy has always been one of the reasons Nigerian citizens appreciate ‘abokis’ so much. They provide us with suya and we cannot thank them enough!

4. Roasted or boiled corn
If there’s any reason why the average Nigerian looks forward to the rainy season, it is to experience the full goodness of corn. It is typically in full bloom during the wet season and will forever be worth the wait.
Whether roasted or boiled, served with pear or coconut, corn is amazing and does wonders to the tongue, throat and all the taste buds in the mouth.

5. Boli with groundnut or fish
Boli is roasted, usually ripe plantain and it is often times sold with either groundnut or fish.
It is sold in almost every street corner, which is a blessing because once that boli craving kicks in, you cannot resist it. No one can.

6. Ewa agoyin and bread
Ewa agoyin is locally made overcooked beans served with a sauce that is a combination of palm oil, pepper and a little bit of tomatoes. Trust us, this is not your regular beans.

If you have never ever tried ewa agoyin and you consider yourself a Nigerian, then please, what have you been doing with your life? This food is heaven on earth, especially when eaten with bread.

Tell us, which is your favourite of the lot?

SOURCR
http://truevibes.com.ng/6-street-foods-every-nigerian-loves/

Re: 6 Street Foods Every Nigerian Loves by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
cant forget the akara i ate on my way to ife from ibadan ...the akara was so soft damn! i love akara the most, it can be eating with bread, custard, akamu etc i also love suya....infact op i love all of them
Re: 6 Street Foods Every Nigerian Loves by yeyeboi(m): 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
True That grin
Re: 6 Street Foods Every Nigerian Loves by freemeicid(m): 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ewa agoyin and bread

Re: 6 Street Foods Every Nigerian Loves by RoyalBlak007: 7:12am On Sep 20, 2016
that meal above though..

shining grin cheesy
Re: 6 Street Foods Every Nigerian Loves by Rayman5(m): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
U see these are delicacies my Guy 'Akon' street in 721festac will concur...........

(1) (Reply)

DIY Recipes: How To Prepare Chicken Shawarma / Yoruba Stew / Restaurant Business For Sale In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.