Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,107 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:17 AM

Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes (4266 Views)

List Of Courses You Must Not Study In Nigeria / University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC / Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by hayoakins(m): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2016
If you want to be a millionaire, then it may help to know the subjects you should not be choosing as your college major.

Researchers analyzed educational backgrounds to discover the most popular undergraduate and postgraduate degrees among thousands of millionaires.

And while there is little surprise at the most common college majors, the results at the other end of the spectrum provide food for thought for those still weighing up their options.

[img]http://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpNM7PISJKTF7qxxXl1hQL-bw0y3l2FkRm5NqAHPdznYjNkk5G[/img]

At the bottom of the heap is philosophy, taken by fewer than one per cent of millionaires, reinforcing the stereotype of philosophy students as men and women of thought and not action.

Marginally ahead are psychology and biology, with marketing and history also among the least popular.

More unexpectedly, physics and chemistry are also badly represented among millionaires, belying attempts to increase the number of science undergraduates with promise of the riches to come.

Medicine is also not the subject to take if making serious money is your thing. While medics are paid well compared with the average wage, only rarely are the rewards high enough to catapult them into the ranks of the really wealthy, and even then it is more likely to be through an offshoot of their primary role as a doctor.

Researches at WealthInsight analyzed data on over 100,000 high net worth individuals (HNWIs) – those with assets of $1 million or more, excluding their primary home – to come up with the list of most popular degree courses.

Vocational subjects produced the most millionaires, and the more academic subjects the least.

The MBA topped the list, taken by 12% or around one in eight of all millionaires. From its roots as a niche qualification that marked an individual out for rapid promotion, it is now virtually compulsory for any aspiring executive.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nickmorrison/2016/09/19/if-you-want-to-be-a-millionaire-dont-take-these-college-majors/#67ac290f6f12

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by thesicilian: 11:08am On Sep 20, 2016
They should have told us this 20yrs ago.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by Fidelismaria: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
issokay

make I kuku go withdraw from my skull
nonsense

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by samson147(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by piperson(m): 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
i'm not understanding
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by skymath(m): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
hayoakins:
If you want to be a millionaire, then it may help to know the subjects you should not be choosing as your college major.

Researchers analyzed educational backgrounds to discover the most popular undergraduate and postgraduate degrees among thousands of millionaires.

And while there is little surprise at the most common college majors, the results at the other end of the spectrum provide food for thought for those still weighing up their options.

[img]http://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpNM7PISJKTF7qxxXl1hQL-bw0y3l2FkRm5NqAHPdznYjNkk5G[/img]

At the bottom of the heap is philosophy, taken by fewer than one per cent of millionaires, reinforcing the stereotype of philosophy students as men and women of thought and not action.

Marginally ahead are psychology and biology, with marketing and history also among the least popular.

More unexpectedly, physics and chemistry are also badly represented among millionaires, belying attempts to increase the number of science undergraduates with promise of the riches to come.

Medicine is also not the subject to take if making serious money is your thing. While medics are paid well compared with the average wage, only rarely are the rewards high enough to catapult them into the ranks of the really wealthy, and even then it is more likely to be through an offshoot of their primary role as a doctor.

Researches at WealthInsight analyzed data on over 100,000 high net worth individuals (HNWIs) – those with assets of $1 million or more, excluding their primary home – to come up with the list of most popular degree courses.

Vocational subjects produced the most millionaires, and the more academic subjects the least.

The MBA topped the list, taken by 12% or around one in eight of all millionaires. From its roots as a niche qualification that marked an individual out for rapid promotion, it is now virtually compulsory for any aspiring executive.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nickmorrison/2016/09/19/if-you-want-to-be-a-millionaire-dont-take-these-college-majors/#67ac290f6f12

It is true that education helps to create a path to your success but not really the main qualification for success. Success is your passion to succeed. Whether you have a great, little or no desire to propagate your ideas and goals in the direction of your dreams determines who you become in life. A doctor can make small investments in some other fields which can eventually turn out to be a great success and also other professionals can too.

Just think out of the box, the job condition here in Nigeria may not be favorable though....I hope you heard of a japanese surgeon who gave away $390k to one stranded team in Rio 2016...all this attests to what I meant.
Even life itself is just much more than money. People misuse money or spend it extravagantly without adding any value to people around them.
And also remember that Only God blesses abundantly with a purpose to have positive impacts on the blessed, others and the entire world.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by adekayo1234(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
Schooling is a means to an end and not the end itself. Once you understand this, you will never be content with mediocrity. And Btw, fulfillment in life is the most important thing
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by fernandoc(m): 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
I have always known this to be a fact. Also heard Mathematicians and computer scientists are the most educated criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by obynaDmob(m): 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
Why didnt i see this in 2009? embarassed
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by G12(m): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2016
Degree is overrated
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by tolu4you: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
degree is nothing
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by Nutase: 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
grin
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
I look back and I am happy that I didnt qualify to read medicine even though I applied for it as first choice but was denied. I csnt imagine dealing with sick people all my life. On top of how much ?
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by Ibiblaze(m): 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
I hope we mass communication students we are safe from this??
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by elvision1(m): 10:26am On Sep 21, 2016
Because real doctor's are too fuçking busy to make money.

fernandoc:
I have always known this to be a fact. Also heard Mathematicians and computer scientists are the most educated criminals.

imagine 1naira being taken from 1million GTB accounts in 2days. Yea, ikr.

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by kingvibora: 10:29am On Sep 21, 2016
Tank gahd dint anything like pol.science
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2016
Master of Business Administration, hmmn, what else do you expect?

They control cashflow.
Re: Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes by Alexbrain(m): 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2016

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Complete Projects On Time? 5 Steps | Projectng / Nigerians Flood The IG Page Of One Of The FUTA Bullies Following Her Arrest / Pro Tips To Start An Essay Effectively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.