Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,687 members, 7,955,576 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:33 AM

Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle (13444 Views)

10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics / List Of Courses You Must Not Study In Nigeria / University Courses That You Should Not Study - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by HighIQ(m): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
In Nigeria, Some students immediately after finishing their final exam in the university starts jibilating, celebrating and doing all weird things to celebrate their final examination. Unknown to many of them, that is just the begining of pontential waywardness and severe career.and employment challenge. As a new era termed "hustling era" had just begun. So if you don't have the strength or creative enough to hustle , DO NOT NEAR THE FOLLOWING COURSES.

1) Philosophy, Sociology and anthropology, Psychology, Geography, History, Public Administration

2) Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics, Industrial chemistry.

3) Biochemistry, Anatomy, Microbiology, Physiology.

4) Zoology, Botany,

5) Agric courses, Education courses

People who study these courses may eventually opted for masters to become a lecturer where they will equally be subjected to work for many years to become a Professor while other due to unemployment may be subjected to other business.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Doyin400l(m): 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
@Op you must be high on oshogbo weed oo...so u just sitdown in ur room and type thrash and expect us to accept your lies..For your information this is Nigeria where anything goes. If u know the man that know the man that employs Gbam!! It is high time we stop going to school to get good job, afterall most people that owns the job u applying for are uneducated. Pls create a job yourself.

17 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
Dumb thread.

3 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by PMIcon(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
Is there any course people study and will not need to hustle?

Maybe I didn't get your usage of the word.

1 Like

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by superfelix: 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
jesu shocked ... mak dem kuku cancel falcuty of Science! chai...

6 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by samuelUMOH(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
HighIQ:
Some students immediately after finishing their final exam in the university starts jibilating, celebrating and doing all weird things to celebrate their final examination. Unknown to many of them, that is just the begining of pontential waywardness and severe career.and employment challenge. As a new era termed "hustling era" had just begun. So if you don't have the strength or creative enough to hustle , DO NOT NEAR THE FOLLOWING COURSES.

1) Philosophy, Sociology and anthropology, Psychology, Geography, History, Public Administration

4) Zoology, Botany,

People who study these courses may eventually opted for masters to become a lecturer where they will equally be subjected to work for many years to become a Professor while other due to unemployment may be subjected to other business.

You wrote this based on your ignorance of recent development in world economy

7 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
HighIQ:
Some students immediately after finishing their final exam in the university starts jibilating, celebrating and doing all weird things to celebrate their final examination. Unknown to many of them, that is just the begining of pontential waywardness and severe career.and employment challenge. As a new era termed "hustling era" had just begun. So if you don't have the strength or creative enough to hustle , DO NOT NEAR THE FOLLOWING COURSES.

4) Zoology, Botany,

I studied pure Math from one of the most prestigious universities in Nigeria.Try taking a guess how much I earn at the moment,all thanks to God.

13 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Remove this nonsense! A side from Medicine which course is better Mathematics, Statistics

4 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by samuelchimmy(m): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
mchewww, I am studying statistics and I know exactly how I can hustle with it........ nonsense post

4 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by ammyluv2002(f): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
I totally disagree with you

1 Like

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by MrKang: 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
Lol,can't you all tell the op is an illiterate.

How did he arrive at his conclusion? Did he carry out a survey? Or did he study all those courses in a 'previous life' and resulted to hustling?
So many speculations,but one thing we can all agree is that he pulled this list out of his a$$ .

Dumb fucck.

8 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
Are u serious?

1 Like

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
supportnija:
Remove this nonsense! A side from Medicine which course is better Mathematics, Statistics

Lol, you talk this one ooo

1 Like

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
But he said the truth, some of you 're just upset probably because you studying/studied aforementioned courses, the only way you can succeed with those COURSES in NIGERIA is either you are a teacher/lecturer or go into business. Let's remove "man know man and banking job." #Kpankam

17 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by rusher14: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
BiggyB242:
But he said the truth, some of you 're just upset probably because you studying/studied aforementioned courses, the only way you can succeed with those COURSES in NIGERIA is either you are a teacher/lecturer or go into business. Let's remove "man know man and banking job."

I think you are truly ignorant.

3 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by emmasege: 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
What's the OP talking about? Does he even know medical doctors now hustle to get a job?

5 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Sphilip1(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Oga OP.. In this recession you tell Nigerians this....

The truth be told..if you know the person that knows the person that employs... gbam.

1 Like

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by EMXTAN1(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
i didnt want to waste my energgy typing on an illiterate without anyy forrm of proper reasoning or at least common sense, trust me i didnt insult you cos if i do you will wish u never knew how to read! if our President did and does not have a University certificate and he is ruling lawyers, medical doctors, engineers and even yew! beeeg heeead!

2 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 03, 2016
rusher14:

I think you are truly ignorant.

I have friends who graduated from sciences they either doing their master or teaching/lecturing in a school. I graduated 2011 so I know what I'm talking about. Okay, tell me where in Nigeria will a microbiologist work, anatomy still feasible (I know of an anatomy graduate who wrote Ecobank Interview with me back in the days), how many companies employ chemistry/ biology/ mathematics graduates. From my experience I had in job application I have never come across where a company or organization needs a maths/chemistry/biology graduates except schools and university these groups(set of graduates) only gets an opportunity in other sectors only when is stated "we need graduates" irrespective of what you have studied. I put to you 70% of the students now in science (physical and medical science) didn't choose that profession it was due ro admission problem probably did not meet cut off point (high cut off)

6 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 03, 2016
Maybe

1 Like

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by peacesamuel94(m): 7:15am On Dec 03, 2016
what matters is not the degree, but the degree holder. As far as your love for the course, is in place, you can still make something worthwhile out of it, No matter how insignifiant people make it seem.

2 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Jclement(m): 7:20am On Dec 03, 2016
Nonsense
Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by classicphil: 7:22am On Dec 03, 2016
So what is now left to study then??
Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Uniben4sure: 7:31am On Dec 03, 2016
The bitter truth! But some won't understand, especially those still in school.

5 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 03, 2016
Cooperative Economics

Y u no mention am?
Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by MrKang: 7:34am On Dec 03, 2016
BiggyB242:

I have friends who graduated from sciences they either doing their master or teaching/lecturing in a school. I graduated 2011 so I know what I'm talking about. Okay, tell me where in Nigeria will a microbiologist work, anatomy still feasible (I know of an anatomy graduate who wrote Ecobank Interview with me back in the days), how many companies employ chemistry/ biology/ mathematics graduates. From my experience I had in job application I have never come across where a company or organization needs a maths/chemistry/biology graduates except schools and university these groups(set of graduates) only gets an opportunity in other sectors only when is stated "we need graduates" irrespective of what you have studied. I put to you 70% of the students now in science (physical and medical science) didn't choose that profession it was due ro admission problem probably did not meet cut off point (high cut off)
stop acting like a dumb kid,you're saying trash based on your intuition not fact,you're not enlightened on the courses yet you're typing with authority,based on what?

Oh based on the failure of the friends you have?

Why don't you do yourself a favour and search for the Job prospects of the above courses you mentioned instead of showing your Ignorance in an open forum.
Just because you can't fathom what a particular course is about doesn't make what you say stand.

Pls get enlightened.

5 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Prectega(m): 7:54am On Dec 03, 2016
supportnija:
pharmacy, nursing, all engineering courses.... Even masscom, law.

3 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Prectega(m): 7:59am On Dec 03, 2016
op is right to am extent
Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Doyin400l(m): 8:06am On Dec 03, 2016
I would have wrote a long post on this but i'm very occupied and this days NL is littered with kids. What is the purpose of Education? To know your right from your left and create a living for yourself and the underprivileged in the society. To identify a problem and solved it. Speaking from my own field of study which is STATISTICS, please did you know that as a Statistician you can make close to 500k a month just on DATA ANALYSIS!. Did you believe that as a Statistician you are needed in most intetnational jobs? I worked in NAFDAC as a Biostatistician, in my directorate our DG has a ph.D in Statistics and he works with WHO, UNICEF to conduct research on complex analysis and big data .

I know you still in school or naive about life outside school, but u are pardon. Next time think before you write.

5 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by FreeSpirited: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2016
If u really want big money, at one point or the other, everyone gets to hussle

3 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by Sammiel: 8:36am On Dec 03, 2016
My Sociology and Anthropology lecturer back then in the University of Benin would be deceiving us that South Africa was requesting for the services of over 800,000 social workers and therefore we should not panic at all because getting a job overseas was certain! I go just squeeze my mouth dey take one kind eye dey look am from my seat, because he himself has refused to leave Nigeria for the so-called foreign social work jobs.
I knew the OP would be bashed by those currently studying or who might have studied one of the courses above. But the truth is that the OP is very correct! Studying those courses doesn't mean you won't get a job but it will be very hard because even the jobs are not there!

4 Likes

Re: Courses You Should Not Study If You cannot hustle by wunderkiind(m): 8:40am On Dec 03, 2016
The op's brain is on recession. Don't blame him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jamb Directs Candidates To Check Utme Centres Tomorrow / 7 Things You Must Do On JAMB Exam Day / OAU Acting Vice Chancellor Meets With Ooni Of Ife (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.