Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Yaya Toure Announces Retirement From International Football With Ivory Coast - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Announces Retirement From International Football With Ivory Coast (403 Views)

Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football / Tiote's Corpse Arrives Ivory Coast, Received By Kolo Toure, Wilfried Bony, Kalou / Jay-Jay Okocha Plays Football With IDPs, Donates To Them (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yaya Toure Announces Retirement From International Football With Ivory Coast by Mandynews(f): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
​Yaya Toure isn't playing too much football at the moment, and he's now got even less on his agenda after he confirmed he has retired from international football.

The Manchester City outcast has been one of Ivory Coast's greatest ever players, making 102 appearances and captaining the team until announcing his decision on Tuesday afternoon. He hit 19 goals for Les Elephants and last captained the country to their first Africa Cup of Nations victory since 1992.

In a ​statement on his future, he said: “After 14 years playing for Les Elephants I have decided to end my adventure playing for the Ivory Coast.

"Some decisions are difficult to take but it is time to pass things on to other players. I thank all my supporters and my fans."

Toure, who has been named the Africa Player of the Year on four occasions, is considered the best African player of his generation, but has been eliminated from first team matters at current club City since the arrival of Pep Guardiola.

Guardiola h​as confirmed today that Toure will not play for the club again until he apologises for negative comments made by his agent. Toure was however back in training with the first team squad and was expected to be given a chance to play against Swansea in the EFL Cup on Wednesday.

As of now, his participation in the game looks unlikely following his manager's comments.

Credit: https://twitter.com/YayaToure

Source: http://lifedrama.com.ng/yaya-toure-announces-retirement-from-international-football-with-ivory-coast/

Re: Yaya Toure Announces Retirement From International Football With Ivory Coast by Ojestas(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
Beast!
Re: Yaya Toure Announces Retirement From International Football With Ivory Coast by Khd95(m): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
This nicca tough like MRAP tankgringrin

just few players can match up his strenght and rigidity....farewell toure,one of africa's finest

(1) (Reply)

African Legend Yaya Toure, Retires From International Soccer / Who Do U Think Will Win The 2016 Ballon D'or (your Predictions) / Pinnick Is A Liar! Nff Is Not Broke -says Adama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.