Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football (27643 Views)

Karim Benzema Announces His Retirement From International Football / Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team / Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Amagite(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
Super Eagles goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme, has confirmed his retirement from football.

The 32-year-old announced the news to his Wolverhampton Wanderers teammates, before a training session at Compton on Tuesday morning.

Ikeme took the decision, after consulting with medical experts, following his 12-month battle with acute leukaemia.

Last month, Ikeme announced on Twitter, that he was in complete remission from the disease, after “a tough year and intense chemotherapy”.

The goalkeeper has 10 caps for Nigeria and made 274 career appearances in all competitions, with over 200 of them coming for Wolves.

"After advice from the doctors I have taken the decision to retire. It’s not a sad day for me but one to look back with fondness and joy for being able to live my dream . I just want to thank everyone at @wolves for there support over the years. We have rode the good and bad times together , an I’m great-full to of been apart of the clubs history. I’m looking forward to catching up with everyone again soon and being back around the club and city !! Thank You!!! �◼️❤️" he wrote on his Instagram page.

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/07/breaking-super-eagles-goalkeeper-carl-ikeme-announces-retirement-from-football.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by gabbijason(m): 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
FTC...

Bravo bro! We Celebrate and appreciate the few times you have featured for Nigerian football, may God perfect your healing. I wish u many more accomplishment as u begin a new vista.

Meanwhile 'Lady Aiban' is Nigeria 's finest female Christian Rapper.

New single drops soon.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by OneStep3: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sai baba.

Let me see the benefit of being stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by potent5(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
What a loss to Nigerian football.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by dedons: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
Another Buhari's achievement.

I pity the Zombies.

5 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Dacronym(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
Welldone
#respect
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by DonPikko: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Strong Man

2 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Better thing no dey last.

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Hedriz(m): 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
How da one take concern me, baba pack well jae. 2019 come fast make I con look drama jae
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
I wish you well in next chapter of your career

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by NwaOhafia: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
My prayer for you as you retire, because we love you:
Let us pray:

may the strength of God pilot you
the power of God uphold you
the wisdom of God guide you.
May the eye of God look before you
the ear of God hear you
the word of God speak for you
May the hand of God protect you
the way of God lie before you
the shield of God defend you
the host of God save you
May Christ shield you today.
Christ with you, Christ before you
Christ behind you
Christ in you, Christ beneath you
Christ above you,
Christ on your right, Christ on your left,
Christ when you lie down, Christ when you sit,
Christ when you stand,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of you,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of you,
Christ in every eye that sees you,
Christ in every ear that hears you.
Amen

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by hopilo: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
God will complete you healing.

9 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by SolnergyPower: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hmm....
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
Respect*. I just want to thank everyone at @wolves for there support over the years. We have rode the good and bad times together , an I’m great-full to of been apart of the clubs history. I’m looking forward to catching up with everyone again soon and being back around the club and city !! Thank You!!! �◼️❤️" he wrote on his Instagram page... we Love you bro..

21 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by tstx(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sickness bad gan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by jahlud: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
You will surely be missed by your fans

2 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Lucas10(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Nice one Carl May GOD heal you completely

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by tstx(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hedriz:
How da one take concern me, baba pack well jae. 2019 come fast make I con look drama jae
You think you are funny

16 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by englishmart(m): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
why?

5 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Sardonicus: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by ionsman: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
Not that it means anything to me though but Gistblog or so posted this first. Why is this on FP when she posted less than twenty minutes ago?
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by sylva1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
May God perfect your healing Carl. You are a great man, continue to triumph!!

6 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by englishmart(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hedriz:

10 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by sagitariusbaby(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
I am really sad about this unfortunate decision but I also believe it is the best for you our own Carl.

May God keep you in his arms and favour your the next chapter of your life, may the rest of your days here on earth be full of life and happiness.

We the fans will surely miss you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
Rip carl

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Lagbaja01(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
May you see what you are looking for in 2019 oo lipsrsealed undecided
Hedriz:

3 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by nobodysmanrob(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
Would have made a mark in Nigerian Football history. Life sha
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by jahlud: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
May 2019 Fall on you
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Earthquake1: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Rip carl

He's not dead!

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by klax(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
God bless. Love you guy.
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by soliddust2020: 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
He remains a winner by defeating cancer. Good thing he listened to his doctors, he can always be part of football in other ways.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From The Match Between Senegal And Nigeria / Obafemi Martins Donates Wheelchairs, Crutches And Beds To The Lagos Government / Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.