Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Is US Dollars Now 199? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is US Dollars Now 199? (566 Views)

See Africa’s 15 Most Expensive Buildings Worth Millions Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is US Dollars Now 199? by ihesiuloa(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2016
Is 1 U.S Dollars now 199 / to Nigerian Naira?
Well I know a lot of you readers will be like "Wow" let me check out this news, Alas! It was just my imagination lol, but as at August 2015 dollars was still changed at 199, coming to think it's 425 now amazes me! can it ever get back to 199 again?
it's very surprising how we let things go this bad .. where did it all go wrong? please let's not even consider party this party that or APC this PDP that not even politician this senator that!
just between me & you! how have we done to further exacerbate the situation we currently find ourselves? we need to tell ourselves the truth here, I know most blame will be portioned to the government which is quite understanding but let's limit the blame and talk about ourselves , I mean the common man on the street like you and me? We talking about corruption here which is the root cause of why the naira is where it is now, can we as individuals then says we never contributed to the downtone of the naira? Police officers taking bribes, custom officers over declaring and under declaring of custom charges, immigration officers demanding money from travellers in our international airport and even extortion of money from foreign sailors in the sea ports for no genuine reasons as if they are not being paid salaries ! Area boys collecting unscrupulous fees from bus drivers in the bus stops and even from intending house owners in building sites while the government of the day keeps watching without getting them off the streets and sites, people defecating right there in broad daylight without feeling ashamed or having an atom of being improper to there actions, people using the few available government facilities without care, the list is endless! But we all shout Government is corrupt! Government is corrupt! Then are we truly different from them? Even in some poorest of sub Saharan African countries they are even well behaved than we calling ourselves "giant of Africa " until we develop our mind sets and begin to act more humane and modest shunning away this animalist tendencies, we would still be running in circles while other smaller countries will keep overshadowing us.
Note"** MOD plz move to appropriate section.

(1) (Reply)

The Makonde Formerly Of Mozambique Get Kenyan Citizenship / Funerals, Necessity Or A Waste Of Money? / British Igbos Quizzed About Their Igbo Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.