Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Funerals, Necessity Or A Waste Of Money? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funerals, Necessity Or A Waste Of Money? (574 Views)

The Igbo And Funerals (8) / The Igbo And Funerals (6) / Ban Placed On Funerals Until Queen Mother Of Asante Kingdom Is Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funerals, Necessity Or A Waste Of Money? by Isholaade2895(m): 7:06am On Oct 22, 2016
This is an issue that i have been trying to clarify for some time. Every saturday, you can be sure to see funeral ceremonies happening. Most people see it as a tradition and it is common to almost every tribe. My question is that is it really worthy the trouble, some people go to the extent of borrowing huge sums of money and later land in trouble when they are unable to pay back. I know people who cant pay their wards' school fees but let there be a situation that requires them to have a funeral, they'l get the money by all means. I'm not trying to condemn the tradition, just saying my mind. Opinions are welcome
Re: Funerals, Necessity Or A Waste Of Money? by sekundosekundo: 7:52am On Oct 22, 2016
[quote author=Isholaade2895 post=50407835]

Complete waste of money, when my dad died few years back, the family budgeted 3mil for the burial. I stood against it, I let them understand that burial isn't investment, thank God I hv the cash so nobody will say it's b'cos I'm poor that's why I am protesting. The villagers and the so called sympathizers are not helping matters @ all, mehn this people can eat you dry during burial. I Overheard one of them say 'his son is an importer lets demand for 3 cows'. In fact burial is wasteful.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Emir Of Kano Becomes A Grandfather / Chinese Are Actually The Best Dressers In The World. Picture Proof / Warriors Do Not Have Many Glaring Weaknesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.