Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

I Need Your Advise Please - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Your Advise Please (894 Views)

Advise please! / Pls Advise On Which Bank Is Best For Online Banking / Advise Please; What Does It Take To Startup Betting Business? Betshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advise Please by debbydee(f): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2016
Good morning

Fellow Nairalnders please i need your advise on this issue. I put to bed a set of twins boys in May. I am presently working in a firm and i am not earning up to 50k.
I sell dresses to support the little i earn. I also manage the creche in my church and i am being paid a certain percentage from the proceeds.

The creche i manage the staff there are not working up to expectation. I have put in my best to upgrade the place but the staff are not improving.

My question is should i resign from my firm and manage the creche fully or still continue to push the place till it gets better.
Note that my twin boys are in the place and the total children are just 4 including my boys.

Please what can i do.
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
debbydee:
Good morning

Fellow Nairalnders please i need your advise on this issue. I put to bed a set of twins boys in May. I am presently working in a firm and i am not earning up to 50k.
I sell dresses to support the little i earn. I also manage the creche in my church and i am being paid a certain percentage from the proceeds.

The creche i manage the staff there are not working up to expectation. I have put in my best to upgrade the place but the staff are not improving.

My question is should i resign from my firm and manage the creche fully or still continue to push the place till it gets better.
Note that my twin boys are in the place and the total children are just 4 including my boys.

Please what can i do.

Face the creche squarely for the sake of your baby.

It won't be easy joggling your job with that coupled with Nursing a baby.
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by debbydee(f): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
protegesol:

Face the creche squarely for the sake of your baby.

It won't be easy joggling your job with that coupled with Nursing a baby.

Thanks for the advise but the income from the creche is not up to 15k monthly how can i cope with such an amount.
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
debbydee:
Good morning

Please what can i do.

The truth is the creche business is not yours, neither is your regular job. So quitting your regular job to manage the creche is like moving from the fire into the frying pan. No real progress has been made. On that pretext, you need to ask yourself which one pays you better.

Is the church prepared to make you a partner in the creche business? If they are, then good. If they are not, then either face your regular job or start another business by yourself. There are businesses you can start from home without putting huge capital. Seek and ye shall find.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise Please by debbydee(f): 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
delivite:

The truth is the creche business is not yours, neither is your regular job. So quitting your regular job to manage the creche is like moving from the fire into the frying pan. No real progress has been made. On that pretext, you need to ask yourself which one pays you better.

Is the church prepared to make you a partner in the creche business? If they are, then good. If they are not, then either face your regular job or start another business by yourself. There are businesses you can start from home without putting huge capital. Seek and ye shall find.

Good luck

Ok thanks for the response.

The church made me a partner and offered me 40% which can be jacked up later. The location of the creche is strategic but the students are few. I am still praying about starting another business to add to the ones i am doing.
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by debbydee(f): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
delivite:

Good luck

I am also considering the twins. i.e moving closer to them.
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
debbydee:

Thanks for the advise but the income from the creche is not up to 15k monthly how can i cope with such an amount.

Growing a business is a gradual process.
With time, your income will increase but in the mean time you can joggle other things that is less time consuming.

Remember, you are doing this for the same of your babies.

May i also add that my sister started as a creche just like you and today she employs up to 20 graduates as teachers .
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by sammysunny88: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2016
debbydee:
Good morning

Please what can i do.
Hi madam, considering your state as a nursing mother, and considering the economic state of the country now, you need time freedom and stressfree work that can put food on your table and that is a business of your own as a supplement that within a short period of time, you can have control over your time. I advice you continue with your regular work that pays more than the creche. You can't quite your firm that pays more than the creche because neither the creche nor the firms is your own business. I can introduce you to a business that you can start with just #3,200. With this business, your sound health and that of others around you is guarantee, your success and other people's success is highly guarantee and total life freedom is guarantee. Just within a year or two, you will start counting millions without buying and selling and it doesn't disturb ur other work. Is just a business of honesty and intergrety. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact and I will get back to you full details of this business.
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by Kirinwa: 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
Op congratulations on the safe delivery of the twins. I can only imagine the amount of stress you are passin at the moment and that leads to my first question which is;
What effort is your husband making to ease this financial encumberance?

I can never advice you to quit your current job due to the fact that the creche is not yours and the church may decide tomorrow to terminate the agreement since I wish to believe its not written and duly signed or is it? When people start flooding the place they may decide to reduce the percentage or outrightly sack you, I know what am saying.
I will not advice you to leave the creche entirely. Just continue with the idea of combining both because no one knows tomorrow.
Since the problem is with the staff you may consider sacking some of the staff who are not meeting up and putting new staff to boost it. Are the staff qualified in terms of academic qualifications and do they have education background like B.ED child care education, B.ED Psychology and other related disciplines or did you employ Secondary school awaiting result?

Do a fresh recruitment and continue with your former work. God is your strength.
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by Kirinwa: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
sammysunny88:
Hi madam, considering your state as a nursing mother, and considering the economic state of the country now, you need time freedom and stressfree work that can put food on your table and that is a business of your own as a supplement that within a short period of time, you can have control over your time. I advice you continue with your regular work that pays more than the creche. You can't quite your firm that pays more than the creche because neither the creche nor the firms is your own business. I can introduce you to a business that you can start with just #3,200. With this business, your sound health and that of others around you is guarantee, your success and other people's success is highly guarantee and total life freedom is guarantee. Just within a year or two, you will start counting millions without buying and selling and it doesn't disturb ur other work. Is just a business of honesty and intergrety. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact and I will get back to you full details of this business.

How many millions are you counting abi millions no dey sweet you fah?
You want to add to her stress abi with network marketing.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise Please by debbydee(f): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2016
Kirinwa:
Op congratulations on the safe delivery of the twins. I can only imagine the amount of stress you are passin at the moment and that leads to my first question which is;

I can never advice you to quit your current job due to the fact that the creche is not yours and the church may decide tomorrow to terminate the agreement since I wish to believe its not written and duly signed or is it? When people start flooding the place they may decide to reduce the percentage or outrightly sack you, I know what am saying.
I will not advice you to leave the creche entirely. Just continue with the idea of combining both because no one knows tomorrow.
Since the problem is with the staff you may consider sacking some of the staff who are not meeting up and putting new staff to boost it. Are the staff qualified in terms of academic qualifications and do they have education background like B.ED child care education, B.ED Psychology and other related disciplines or did you employ Secondary school awaiting result?

Do a fresh recruitment and continue with your former work. God is your strength.

Good morning and thanks for the advise. To your question
My husband is trying. He got me a car to ease transportation. Stylishly he told me if i am based in the creche it will grow better but he is leaving the option of deciding to me.

the church may decide tomorrow to terminate the agreement since I wish to believe its not written and duly signed or is it? When people start flooding the place they may decide to reduce the percentage or outrightly sack you, I know what am saying.

My husband happens to be parish pastor but he can be transferred at any time. There was a written agreement and it was duly signed my hubby happens to be a lawyer. i do understand you perfectly

You know we are dealing with children and parents wont like the idea of changing staffs frequently. I do my best in training and retraining but i just hope they will improve.

Please any other great suggestion i will appreciate.

thank you.
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by Kirinwa: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
I appreciate your feedback on my questions but you didn't say the minimum qualification of the staff that were employed if they met the entry requirements.
Teaching is a profession. Its not everybody that is cut out for it not to talk of someone not having the background knowledge on educational courses.

It will just show whther you train or retrain. Unless the foundation is there, you can't build much by training or retraining.
As for parents worrying about changing staff. I suggest you keep the old for the meantime, hire 1 or 2 new staff before sacking the old staff let's say in 3months time . That way you get to see improvement and decide if I was wrong.

For example if the current staff is 3, remove 1 of them and add 2 new staff.
After 3 months you may remove 1 or 2 of the old staff. This is strategic.
Re: I Need Your Advise Please by debbydee(f): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2016
Kirinwa:
I appreciate your feedback on my questions but you didn't say the minimum qualification of the staff that were employed if they met the entry requirements.
Teaching is a profession. Its not everybody that is cut out for it not to talk of someone not having the background knowledge on educational courses.

It will just show whther you train or retrain. Unless the foundation is there, you can't build much by training or retraining.
As for parents worrying about changing staff. I suggest you keep the old for the meantime, hire 1 or 2 new staff before sacking the old staff let's say in 3months time . That way you get to see improvement and decide if I was wrong.

For example if the current staff is 3, remove 1 of them and add 2 new staff.
After 3 months you may remove 1 or 2 of the old staff. This is strategic.

Good morning.

There are 2 staff there at the moment. One is having a school cert and the other one is the Nanny. I do understand what you mean perfectly by one having the passion for the job. I am just kind of scared of leaving certainty for uncertainty else i would have concentrated more on the creche. I am still in paid employment to raise more money but as it is the money is not even forth coming.

(1) (Reply)

Vtu Sim / How Much Is kerosene in your Area / 7 Banks May Seek Merger Over Worsening Liquidity: Leadership Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.