Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

JAMB To Stop The Use Of Scratch Cards For Registration And Result Checking - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB To Stop The Use Of Scratch Cards For Registration And Result Checking (864 Views)

JAMB Effectively Scraps Scratch Cards, Redesigns Website / JAMB Scraps Use Of Scratch Cards For Its Transactions, Services / JAMB To Scrap The Use Of Scratch Cards For UTME Registration And Result Checking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB To Stop The Use Of Scratch Cards For Registration And Result Checking by cmon(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2016
Report has it that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), will soon stop the use of scratch cards for registration and checking of results.

This was disclosed JAMB Registrar Prof. Ishaq Oloyode on Tuesday at the National Executive Council meeting of the Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU) in Abuja.

According to him this will likely become effective from 2017.

He added that once this becomes effective, students would generate a PIN number for themselves from their phone or computers before registering for examinations.

He frowned at situations whereby banks and vendors hoard the cards, only to sell them at a higher price.

He equally charged NASU members to involve in the ownership of Computer-Based Testing Centres, saying those who own the centres are businessmen merely exploiting students.

See Source: http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/48177/jamb-to-stop-the-use-of-scratch-cards-for-registration-and-result-checking.html
Re: JAMB To Stop The Use Of Scratch Cards For Registration And Result Checking by cmon(m): 11:56am On Sep 21, 2016
lalasticlala and Seun, I feel this is a national issue that Nigerian Students should be aware of. Do well to move to FP. Cheers.
Re: JAMB To Stop The Use Of Scratch Cards For Registration And Result Checking by azeecoboy(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
I am not understanding this well oo..
Can someone clarify the part of "students will start to generate PIN code for themsleves either from a computer or phone"?
Re: JAMB To Stop The Use Of Scratch Cards For Registration And Result Checking by cmon(m): 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
azeecoboy:
I am not understanding this well oo..
Can someone clarify the part of "students will start to generate PIN code for themsleves either from a computer or phone"?

I believe when the system has been put in place in 2017 UTME, a full procedure on how to go about it will be given.
Re: JAMB To Stop The Use Of Scratch Cards For Registration And Result Checking by Jamez122: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
Another Loss of jobs/income not happy at all
Re: JAMB To Stop The Use Of Scratch Cards For Registration And Result Checking by cmon(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2016
Jamez122:
Another Loss of jobs/income not happy at all

Yes, but the students are happier. I think that's what really matters.
Re: JAMB To Stop The Use Of Scratch Cards For Registration And Result Checking by 2SWT(f): 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2016
JAMB and their everyday story

This is a new episode I guess

(1) (Reply)

2016 /2017 Seplat / NNPC Scholarship / Look At How The Governor Of Oyo State Bullied Lautech Students / Protest Ongoing At Unilag..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.