Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Delivery In The US - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Delivery In The US (655 Views)

Delivery In Canada / Child Delivery In Delaware, United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Delivery In The US by giverman59: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
Pls what can I do to avoid crisis at the airport in US when I travel for child delivery as such issue did not come up during my visa interview at the embassy. I need help quick pls
Re: Delivery In The US by omega25red(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
truth is you never know what they are looking at or the mood the officers at the airport are in on the day you get there. i have never heard of anyone being turned back because they are pregnant but stranger things have happened

1 Like

Re: Delivery In The US by worry359(m): 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
omega25red:
truth is you never know what they are looking at or the mood the officers at the airport are in on the day you get there. i have never heard of anyone being turned back because they are pregnant but stranger things have happened

Sorry but we have seen many reports of pregnant women being sent home by entry control.
You need to be able to show correspondence with a doctor and hospital.
You need to understand the costs and have sufficient funds available.
Also you should inform the visa office in Nigeria that you intend to use a visit visa for childbirth.
Note: It is possible that you could walk through immigration non stop, But if questioned you need to show paperwork.

Also please read back and post your questions in this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/3022823/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/349

1 Like

Re: Delivery In The US by omega25red(m): 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
worry359:

Sorry but we have seen many reports of pregnant women being sent home by entry control.
Also you should inform the visa office in Nigeria that you intend to use a visit visa for childbirth.
Note: It is possible that you could walk through immigration non stop, But if questioned you need to show paperwork.

yes there are people sent home all the time but a friend of mine just brought his wife over and she gave birth here. She was also scared about being sent home but they let her pass with no issues. yes he had to pay a pretty penny for the birth but, they are very happy. They went back home last month with their new baby. So what you have heard sometimes doesn't mean an absolute because someone else did it successfully.
Re: Delivery In The US by justwise(m): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2016
worry359:

(1)

Universities Abroad One Can Easily Transfer To .. / Top 5 Places To Visit Before You Die / The Amazing Natural Beauty Of Obudu Mountain Resort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.