Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899661 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2016
happytbaby:
Abeg its too much, I booked NY to Chicago in advance at 84dollars per person on Southwest. Book on time
Yea definitely better to book in advance cos of cost. it seems southwest only flies from LGA new york to MDW chicago right? but they allow baggage for free.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
enidot:
Check travelocity.com
Tanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
CyZubby:
...I flew emirates from lagos to dallas(17th September to 19th September ) but had a 22hrs layover at dubai.the journey was long and entertainment was on point. I was well taken care of.the flight from dubai to dallas was fantastic, the airhostress blocked a full middle row seats for me so that I can sleep comfortable whenever I want.I was always being checked up by them and given what ever I demanded for. It was the favour of God.and maybe because am three in one...
congrats CyZubby, i like the pampering you got smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
hello House....please can i just go to the airport with the intention of getting fit to fly from port health (Lagos) instead of getting any from my hospital for 10k or is this the normal price biko? i intend to use airfrance. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
@chanbaby I see your ist refusal was in the UK. Na from there the wahala start. Only God knows what they pencilled down there.
Anyways yell Hubby that
1. He is a tie to you. With no prior history to the US and no way for them to determine both of you will return, they MAY feel more comfy giving you knowing you are married and can't legally remarry for papers. And will likely return to husband after.

2. History has shown here that mothers get when they apply alone after being refused with spouses. Somebody just posted a scenario like that in the past 2 pages.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CyZubby(f): 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Na God oh
Niksie:

congrats CyZubby, i like the pampering you got smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ifemi2016: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2016
Niksie:
Please was this flight non-stop?
we had a stop over in Detroit for like an hour or 2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kilam111: 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hi Good eve to all dear sis & members,
I'm a to be Jan-17 mom God willing (So far it is a normal 1st pregnancy without any complications),having B1/B2 multiple entrty visa till 2020(But not used it yet).currently living in UAE & wish a better passport(USA) for my baby..this is the only forum I hope to help & guide me.Pls

I believe you guys are mentioning Delivery in visa/CBP on medical ground to avail better medical care, But living in UAE & having UAE-insurance I cant say this...I'm confused that to hide my pregnancy or tell the truth to CBP/Embassy in advance?(& if to hide, which is best time to travel & what to tell to CBP?

& I have no family/friends in USA as such but I can afford delivery there, Any guidance which is best & most economical place in US for this?
If any1 from UAE have done it Pls PM me..
Regards & well wishes to all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
I believe you guys are mentioning Delivery in visa/CBP on medical ground to avail better medical care, But living in UAE & having UAE-insurance I cant say this...I'm confused that to hide my pregnancy or tell the truth to CBP/Embassy in advance?(& if to hide, which is best time to travel & what to tell to CBP?

My dear, honesty is the key thing. Remember, it isn't a crime to give birth in the United States so don't let fear rule you. Simply notify the authorities that you want to birth in the US, if they ask why, say you plan to give your child the best advantage he/she can get in life. Come to think about it, we should be more creative than for all of us to say we are going to the US cause of good medicare!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
kilam111:
Hi Good eve to all dear sis & members,
I'm a to be Jan-17 mom God willing (So far it is a normal 1st pregnancy without any complications),having B1/B2 multiple entrty visa till 2020(But not used it yet).currently living in UAE & wish a better passport(USA) for my baby..this is the only forum I hope to help & guide me.Pls

& I have no family/friends in USA as such but I can afford delivery there, Any guidance which is best & most economical place in US for this?
If any1 from UAE have done it Pls PM me..
Regards & well wishes to all.
Hello
Congrats on your pregnancy. The ist thing you have to realise its that it is NOT illegal to give birth in the USA.
So number two follows that you should NOT lie to the CBP. You may be deported on the ground of lying or future entry refused.
You may or may not write a letter to notify the embassy buy I always prefer one writes. This shows transparency of intent.
As for a choice of hospital, that would be your research. The US is a big place. But the most common options here are Houston and Chicago. Read thru, narrow down your options and ask specific questions.
As for reason, somebody once answered the cbp that the citizenship would be an extra perk.
Good lluck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
Please are there any mamas going to Extended Stay Montana El paso or Chase Suite Hotel El paso between October/November. Also if there are mums there already,please i have some questions. Kindly let me know.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Please note that 84 dollars was one way and Southwest flies from La Guardia. They also allow two checked bags of 50pounds each unlike other airlines that you will have to pay for luggage. However, if you book ahead on other airlines too, it should be cheaper

dunnibaby:

317 dollars is huge. i would prefer to book ahead
317 dollars is huge. i will prefer to book ahead. thanks for the info please....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ask your questions here, I am not at Chase suites but I believe I should be able to answer them.

Virtuousdiva:
Please are there any mamas going to Extended Stay Montana El paso or Chase Suite Hotel El paso between October/November. Also if there are mums there already,please i have some questions. Kindly let me know.Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 3:20am On Sep 22, 2016
Hello House,

Someone confidently told DW that when baby arrives that baby qualifies for formular for one year . I argued and said no but she said her sisters and friends usually get it whenever they come to the US to have babies. I jokey asked Dr and he told DW to come to hospital very light with just tooth brush , toothpaste, one baby cloth and maybe makeup that all others would be provided by the hospital.

Abeg who has heard about this baby formula thing.. it's tempting but me no want issue in the future.. please anyone with experience can throw more light on this matter.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:47am On Sep 22, 2016
Niksie:
hello House....please can i just go to the airport with the intention of getting fit to fly from port health (Lagos) instead of getting any from my hospital for 10k or is this the normal price biko? i intend to use airfrance. Thanks

Forget the one from hospital and take from port health. Cos you might have hospital own and they will insist on port health. Air France / klm generally don't disturb for fit to fly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:53am On Sep 22, 2016
ccemordi:
Hello House,

Someone confidently told DW that when baby arrives that baby qualifies for formular for one year . I argued and said no but she said her sisters and friends usually get it whenever they come to the US to have babies. I jokey asked Dr and he told DW to come to hospital very light with just tooth brush , toothpaste, one baby cloth and maybe makeup that all others would be provided by the hospital.

Abeg who has heard about this baby formula thing.. it's tempting but me no want issue in the future.. please anyone with experience can throw more light on this matter.

Baby formula for one year is not for us; it is for low income earners over there. Tell your wife to ditch dat idea to avoid issues in the future.

As for the hospital, yes they provide all dat baby needs from diaper to formula and that's her right. She can ask for more if she needs. Also, each time she visits the pediatrician, she can also ask them. They will give her. Besides for formula, don't stock on so much cos u neva know which one ur baby will accept.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dunnibaby: 5:00am On Sep 22, 2016
happytbaby:
Please note that 84 dollars was one way and Southwest flies from La Guardia. They also allow two checked bags of 50pounds each unlike other airlines that you will have to pay for luggage. However, if you book ahead on other airlines too, it should be cheaper

Thanks for your help. DH's friend in the US was able to help book a flight from JFK to Chicago for 130 dollars. I prefer to move from JFK to Chicago, than going through the stress of getting to LaGuardia. All we did was to put an interval of 4 hours between my arrival in JFK and departure to Chicago....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:11am On Sep 22, 2016
Dwebb55:

My dear, honesty is the key thing. Remember, it isn't a crime to give birth in the United States so don't let fear rule you. Simply notify the authorities that you want to birth in the US, if they ask why, say you plan to give your child the best advantage he/she can get in life. Come to think about it, we should be more creative than for all of us to say we are going to the US cause of good medicare!
cc kilam111
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2016
Spot on ..Thank you @Feddy27

feddy27:

Baby formula for one year is not for us; it is for low income earners over there. Tell your wife to ditch dat idea to avoid issues in the future.

As for the hospital, yes they provide all dat baby needs from diaper to formula and that's her right. She can ask for more if she needs. Also, each time she visits the pediatrician, she can also ask them. They will give her. Besides for formula, don't stock on so much cos u neva know which one ur baby will accept.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 6:55am On Sep 22, 2016
Hi Dunni, I paid almost $400 for my son (3yrs plus) and myself actually. So it was almost $200 per person. I booked through Expedia.com. it's pretty easy, the only issue you may have will be payment and we used a GTB dollar card, while my husband used a diamond bank Naira credit card when booking his own ticket. So I'm assuming any correct Naija card should work. Thirdly if you're leaving I'm about 2 weeks and the issue you're having is the price you're seeing then it's not likely to come down oh. The earlier you buy the better. That price I paid for my son and I was actually about 3 weeks+ before departure. Some people on this thread have mentioned that it's "okay' to wait and buy on the day of travel too. I think that's risky though!!!

My people, who can guide me on how to go about this? i will be leaving in about two weeks. i believe booking ahead of time will be cheaper because i read somwhere here that Lady Ay, paid over $350 for a trip from New York to Chicago.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 7:10am On Sep 22, 2016
Congrats Coloredgirl. God bless your LO. Pls I've sent a PM request. Pls I need details of your doctor and bill . Thanks

quote author=Colouredgirl post=49481335]To GOD be the glory...my LO arrived midnite on sunday sept 18,at about 1:14am.God made it easy,normal delivery,John H stroger hosp cook county,Chicago ..my Joy knws no bound,God the master deliverer..na u biko![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 8:12am On Sep 22, 2016
Thanks my sister. Was just about to say that just a little research will do the magic.
LadyGuinivere:

The Search button is your friend
Funtolash just posted about NJ. All the above questions can be answered with a lil research.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 8:12am On Sep 22, 2016
feddy27:
Forget the one from hospital and take from port health. Cos you might have hospital own and they will insist on port health. Air France / klm generally don't disturb for fit to fly.
ha! thank you dear.i thot so too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 8:14am On Sep 22, 2016
True. Plus port own sef dey cheaper. Like 2k max.
feddy27:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 8:21am On Sep 22, 2016
ladyAy:
...I booked through Expedia.com. it's pretty easy, the only issue you may have will be payment and we used a GTB dollar card, while my husband used a diamond bank Naira credit card when booking his own ticket. So I'm assuming any correct Naija card should work...
LadyAy how are u doing? @local ticket booking online, please is there anything like asking for the card you used to pay online when you present your ticket at the airport. i did mine yesterday with my naira card too and one condition they put was you must bring along this card when you are travelling otherwise you would be denied travel. i booked directly on delta site though. Anyone with answer too, please respond. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 8:29am On Sep 22, 2016
Ifemi2016:
we had a stop over in Detroit for like an hour or 2
ok not bad. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by IyawoToBe(f): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2016
Hi Happytbaby, how are you doing? Pls I'd like to send you a PM. Can i go ahead? sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by loudlumi: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2016
Morning mums and all,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has posted their experience and relevant information here, it has literally given me hope and belief. That I also would come here giving account of our successful childbirth application and delivery.

All protocol duly observed, special recognition to Lady G , Justwise....

I have read this thread beginning from part1 and as such i'm here.

To get to my putting up this post, I need clarification and help.

I am married and had wanted to apply for a visit visa later next year for my annual leave, I have been to the Uk, France, and 2 other countries in Europe and Asia. However 2 weeks ago I found out my darling wife I prefer to call her my sunshine was pregnant and so I'm an ecstatic dad to be.

Right now my plans are changing as I am more concerned about giving our child the best we can possibly give and i would like for my wife to give birth in the USA around April/May next year.

however due to funds and the exchange rate I'm considering making a B2 application for my wife separately after I make my own application to increase our chances of being granted. I have a budget of about 10000 dollars for now hopefully things get better before our interview date.

I work in a fairly good paying government parastatal and would be sponsoring my wife who has no travel experience yet. We/She intends staying with family during the period of child birth with family in the US who are US citizens.

My questions are these.
1. What would be the best way to make the visa application for both of us or probably just her?

2. In a situation where I can not go along with my wife, can my mum apply along with her (she has a 2 year visa expiring April next year ) by renewing her visa and stating she wants to accompany her daughter Inlaw for child birth?

3. Any suggestions on making a successful application for my wife , as our aim is to birth in America?

Would be looking forward to hearing from all the wonderful people on this thread.

God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by giverman59: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]I want to go give birth in the US but wondering about POE enquiries as pregnancy was not discussed during the visa interview and my expected date of arrival in the US will have been about 5weeks gone before I travel. Already contacted a doctor in the US and already having discussions billed $6k... Pls can anyone help me about what to do at poe for easy entrance.

C C A
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Loudlumi, congrats to you and your wife.

In my opinion, your wife should apply alone for B2 so you stand as her strong tie being that you av a govt job here. After she's got hers, you can then choose to apply. Your mum will renew via dropbox for B1/B2.

Read back some pages so you know how to prepare your wife for the interview.

All the best in your planning.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:52am On Sep 22, 2016
funtolash:
True. Plus port own sef dey cheaper. Like 2k max.

Gbam! Cheaper o. Wen my hospital told me 10k, I just left their paper for dem and paid 1500 at airport for port health fit to fly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by loudlumi: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2016
feddy27:
Loudlumi, congrats to you and your wife.

In my opinion, your wife should apply alone for B2 so you stand as her strong tie being that you av a govt job here. After she's got hers, you can then choose to apply. Your mum will renew via dropbox for B1/B2.

Read back some pages so you know how to prepare your wife for the interview.

All the best in your planning.

Thanks, i have introduced her to this thread and she reads it also. I was actually thinking of applying 1st but would apply after her to help her have a stronger tie .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.