Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Buhari Seeks $14bn For Restoration Of Lake Chad - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buhari Seeks $14bn For Restoration Of Lake Chad (323 Views)

Cart Pushers In Trouble For Allegedly Stealing 12 Bags Of Lake Rice / Buhari Seeks Peace In Guinea Bissau / President Buhari Seeks Replacement For IGP Arase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Seeks $14bn For Restoration Of Lake Chad by yusbaklee(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday called for global support for the cleanup of Ogoniland and to raise 14 billion US Dollars for the restoration of Lake Chad Basin.

The president made the call while presenting Nigerias statement at the 71th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, U.S.A.

He said the call had become imperative in view of the drying up of the Lake Chad to the negative consequences of Climate Change.

He said, Nigeria is proud to have been part of the process leading to the adoption of the Paris Agreement in December 2015, and supports the African Union Initiative on the Great Green Wall to halt desertification.
The president said it was in furtherance of the countrys commitment to environmental sustainability that Nigeria launched the cleanup of Ogoniland.

He called on development partners and multinationals to contribute to the Ogoniland Restoration Fund.

The Nigerian leader also spoke on dangers posed by global terrorists.
http://yusbaklee.com/2016/09/21/buhari-seeks-14bn-for-restoration-of-lake-chad/
Re: Buhari Seeks $14bn For Restoration Of Lake Chad by funnynation(m): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
k
Re: Buhari Seeks $14bn For Restoration Of Lake Chad by faithugo64(f): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
sir am still waiting for my change oo

its either you give me change or you give me back my money
Re: Buhari Seeks $14bn For Restoration Of Lake Chad by benega: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
Africa begy begy
Re: Buhari Seeks $14bn For Restoration Of Lake Chad by proeast(m): 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
!Diotic almajiri president!

(1) (Reply)

Family / Kanu Influenced My Move To Leicester City / The Plan To Assasinate The President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.