Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,401 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nokia Smashes It Again!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Smashes It Again!!! (5557 Views)

Meet New Nokia 3310 With 3G Network That Cost Around N30,000 / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / [video}Man Walks Into Apple Store & Calmly Smashes Every Iphone In His Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by honorbule(m): 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nokia Smashes It Again With New Phone And Battery That Lasts For 24 Days

yedidiah:
Nokia are bringing it back old school and cementing themselves firmly as the makers of the most reliable phones EVER by bringing out this new beast. Yes, There's a new Nokia out and prepare to want one. Announced yesterday (September 20), it's called the Nokia 216 and it has Facebook, it has the internet, it has a front facing camera and a rear one... urm... it has Bluetooth? And a sweet 2.4-inch display...Okay, it's not the best phone out there - I'll be honest. But if all you need is a phone that literally does the job and with a battery that lasts for 24 days on standby - this is the phone for you. They seem to be aiming it at the low-end segment. Which is kind of refreshing to be honest. To be fair, if you're going travelling, or if you're lost in a desert - this is perfect. Festivals? Sorted. No more queuing up to get your phone charged at an extortionate rate. They've made the deal even sweeter as you can get apps and games from the Opera mobile store and download a free Gameloft game every month for a year.
The Nokia 216 Dual SIM also comes with an FM radio, MP3 and video player. The LED flash of the rear camera doubles as a built-in torchlight. According to Metro, it's currently on sale in India for around £30, running Nokia's Series 30 system, with the Opera Mni browser.
! grin grin grin grin smiley smiley
http://www.theladbible.com/more/awesome-nokias-new-phone-has-a-battery-that-lasts-for-24-days-20160921
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_216-8343.php

cc: seun, lalasticala, honsule, puskin, dragnet

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by babalonshee(m): 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
picture or I no biliv
Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by amurx(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
How much will that cost if converted to NG naira??

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by flowjoe: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
very laughable grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by EagleScribes: 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
I bet it won't come cheap

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by honorbule(m): 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
EagleScribes:
I bet it won't come cheap
Cheap for where?...it should be around #10-25K

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by lanre316: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nokia is foolish by not responding to market demands. If they had made Android phones, I'm sure that tecno and other chinkos will be struggling to get a tiny bit of Nigerian smartphone market while Nokia take the lion share.

6 Likes

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by temodent(m): 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
Very good and interesting features but I'm afraid at that price, they are already a failure here.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by metallisc(m): 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
amurx:
How much will that cost if converted to NG naira??

N17,000 ONLY or might even be cheaper!

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by metallisc(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
lanre316:
Nokia is foolish by not responding to market demands. If they had made Android phones, I'm sure that tecno and other chinkos will be struggling to get a tiny bit of Nigerian smartphone market while Nokia take the lion share.

they are not foolish - you obviously lack business sense - the lower end of the market is more lucrative - how many people do you think buy high end expensive phones? even the people with high end phones still have a lower market phone as a second or third option. And as it stands, with this in the market, which brand do you think they will go for as a backup phone? ...and that is just one aspect out of many! a reliable phone with long battery life with all the basic functions of a high end phone is indispensable as far as functionality goes.

I have a nokia C5 i bought in 2011, it has been on a charger since 2014 that i switched to a bigger phone... the battery still lasts for almost 10 hours with music constantly playing on it non-stop - for 2 continuous years. Please try that with your high end phone and give me feedback by january (if the phone makes it that far grin )

always think deep and far before you talk!

6 Likes

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by lanre316: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
metallisc:

they are not foolish - you obviously lack business sense - the lower end of the market is more lucrative - how many people do you think buy high end expensive phones? even the people with high end phones still have a lower market phone as a second or third option. And as it stands, with this in the market, which brand do you think they will go for as a backup phone? ...and that is just one aspect out of many! a reliable phone with long battery life with all the basic functions of a high end phone is indispensable as far as functionality goes.

I have a nokia C5 i bought in 2011, it has been on a charger since 2014 that i switched to a bigger phone... the battery still lasts for almost 10 hours with music constantly playing on it non-stop - for 2 continuous years. Please try that with your high end phone and give me feedback by january (if the phone makes it that far grin )

You obviously don't understand what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is totally different from what you're reacting to. Go read up up about the rise and fall of Nokia and how they lost their throne in the global smartphone market. Read about the mistakes of Stephen Elop, former Nokia CEO, before it was sold to Microsoft.

3 Likes

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by mikool007(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
Funny, i came here thinking dey wer going to hit it off big time, like out of this world but dey did'nt, the op misled us, they didn't smash anything!

3 Likes

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by Olamyyde(m): 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2016
My nokia asha 302 lasts for 24hrs with browsing(3g) and playing music

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by Tallesty1(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
lanre316:

You obviously don't understand what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is totally different from what you're reacting to. Go read up up about the rise and fall of Nokia and how they lost their throne in the global smartphone market. Read about the mistakes of Stephen Elop, former Nokia CEO, before it was sold to Microsoft.
You wey wise so wetin you launch?

Who you help?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by astarotte: 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
metallisc:

Go tell that to Apple or Samsung.

Selling low end phone cannot make a cellphone company a market leader.

Well you obviously don't know how what goes on in the cellphone market or what became of Nokia after they took that route you speak of.

And you obviously don't know how much people patronize those high end phone. FYI people don't change low end phones as quickly as they change high end phone. The real cellphone business today is in selling high end phones.

3 Likes

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by okdannyel(m): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
But I like this phone sha cool

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by DozieInc(m): 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
For a low-end phone It's Ok, but the price though, Nokia used to be lovely could be mentioned in the same breath as Samsung, I wonder how they got here.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by KingOUJ: 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
With my eyes closed, Am deep in thoughts, My heart filled with worries, pains and lots of hurts... The trials of life got me sinking. My heart breaking, During the day am thinking, And, at night am asking, All, by myself am pondering. Would there be a change? Will my liberation ever come? Where will my salvation come from? My days seems night.... Continues https:// web.facebook.com/KINGOUJ
Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
how is this different from the Nokia 220 I have which happens to be the worst phone I've ever used in my life?

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 22, 2016
Good market strategy.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by metallisc(m): 3:51am On Sep 22, 2016
astarotte:

Go tell that to Apple or Samsung.

Selling low end phone cannot make a cellphone company a market leader.

Well you obviously don't know how what goes on in the cellphone market or what became of Nokia after they took that route you speak of.

And you obviously don't know how much people patronize those high end phone. FYI people don't change low end phones as quickly as they change high end phone. The real cellphone business today is in selling high end phones.

your assumptions and supposed 'real cellphone business insight' are laughable at best. Have you asked yourself why they are planning to launch in india? Nokia sold their high end business to microsoft becuase the partnership with microsoft messed up the OS. The new phones are not even manufactured by nokia but another company that bought brand rights from microsoft.

Now this is a company bigger and more market savvy than nokia where marketing is concerned, and you think they are starting with low end phones because they are stupid? These companies have professionals doing market survey and research for them. low end phones is where the numbers are not every market is a nigerian market where everybody wants to show off with a high end phone even when they cannot afford it. So, contrary to your assumption, the real cellphone business is NOT in high end phones. IF you are still in doubt go do a market survey and get back.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by BaffTheHairGuy: 5:09am On Sep 22, 2016
Wow! good new as Nokia fighting back.
But they should keep up with practical options that could help countries with
Low-speed internet.
Good info guy

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by Footysport: 6:04am On Sep 22, 2016
Nokia has lost it all. They will be tracing Iphone, Samsung, LG, Gionee and also Infinix cause they were slow in determining what their customer want. they refuse to upgrade after their customer needed it.

Do you miss Northampton 1-3 Man United games?

Watch and download the match goals highlight here

www.footysport.com/watch-download-northampton-town-1-3-manc.xhtml

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by Thukzee01(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2016
I think Nokia need some spank*ng

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by Fidelismaria: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2016
What A Joke

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by ChallyB(m): 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good day Friends, Just one click and you are done!

PLEASE...I BEG...WE DEY BEG...NO VEX AUNTY/UNCLE... Kindly Vote for your boy Peter Omiwole

http://gdc.ellaecreative.com/vote-for-your-favorites/

1 Like

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by tmanis(m): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
metallisc:

your assumptions and supposed 'real cellphone business insight' are laughable at best. Have you asked yourself why they are planning to launch in india? Nokia sold their high end business to microsoft becuase the partnership with microsoft messed up the OS. The new phones are not even manufactured by nokia but another company that bought brand rights from microsoft.

Now this is a company bigger and more market savvy than nokia where marketing is concerned, and you think they are starting with low end phones because they are stupid? These companies have professionals doing market survey and research for them. low end phones is where the numbers are not every market is a nigerian market where everybody wants to show off with a high end phone even when they cannot afford it. So, contrary to your assumption, the real cellphone business is NOT in high end phones. IF you are still in doubt go do a market survey and get back.

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by xtervaganza(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
metallisc:

dude, with all due respect to what you know(or lack of) I respectfully say you're sitting crap.

High ends is what gets you market share and not some bullcrap nonsense of a phone.

How did tecno gain our respect in Nigeria? Was it through the stoopid phones they started with? How did iPhone became a household name? Was the through cheap phones? How about Samsung? They blew everyone out of water by aggressively going for apples jugular at the top.

Let Nokia make their stupid phone( which is not better than c3 they made years ago) and see them crash and burn again
Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by Ignyte(m): 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nokia and their comebacks.... the 3310 comeback didnt do well even with a 41mp camera.

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by metallisc(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
xtervaganza:
dude, with all due respect to what you know(or lack of) I respectfully say you're sitting crap.

High ends is what gets you market share and not some bullcrap nonsense of a phone.

How did tecno gain our respect in Nigeria? Was it through the stoopid phones they started with? How did iPhone became a household name? Was the through cheap phones? How about Samsung? They blew everyone out of water by aggressively going for apples jugular at the top.

Let Nokia make their stupid phone( which is not better than c3 they made years ago) and see them crash and burn again

the one and only guru of phone market, speaking with ignorant knowledge and assumptive authority... i dey hail o!!

go back to my earlier post and read and wonder why they are launching in india!

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by metallisc(m): 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
mr guru with authority grin ....check the 4 year trend and see where the global market is inevitably headed in the foreseeable future!

Re: Nokia Smashes It Again!!! by tmanis(m): 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ignyte:
Nokia and their comebacks.... the 3310 comeback didnt do well even with a 41mp camera.
not real bro, was actually an april fool+photoshop trick for that year...

metallisc:
mr guru with authority grin ....check the 4 year trend and see where the global market is inevitably headed in the foreseeable future!
I am not understanding... Are you saying that the 'others' category that have high sales units consist of only feature phones?? Cos that should be a compilation of ALL phones not listed as the major ones... And im very sure uncommon 'smartphones' would take the bulk... C'mon!!! This is 2016!!!

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Smart TRYBE Night Plan / Telecoms Data Q2 2017: Active Voice Subscribers Dropped By 6.67% – NBS / Airtime Transfer From Mtn To 9mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.