Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

How To Survive The No Admission Drama - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Survive The No Admission Drama (10584 Views)

No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C / No Admission For Awaiting Result Candidates This Year / How To Survive A Dog Attack (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Survive The No Admission Drama by justseyi(m): 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hello. Been a while I've been on here. Took me a long while to figure how to create this thread.

So over the years I've been a victim of the bad educational system in Nigeria. So I've come up with a few academic skills or ideas to admission seekers. I hope this works cous am hoping to be an educational consultant

1) Always have a back up plan - The mistake I made all the years of seeking admission was that I relied on only Jamb. And it cost me a lot of years. Jamb is good but make your research on other admission requirements that universities accept. An example is remedial you can enroll for the predegree / remedial program run by the school of your choice. This gives you at least 89% admission chance than Jamb. Also you can use a program like IJMB as a backup plan you might need to know that it was the saving grace for me that earned me my admission finally. And also diploma programs. Though expensive but worth it.

2 Catchment - Try as much as possible to pick a school that your state of origin falls under the catchment area. That way you have a higher chance of gaining admission.

3. Ask questions- Don't just think because you have 5 credits in your O level that you can study any course. Ensure you understand the major course requirements before picking the course on your Jamb slip.

4. Pray - Don't forget the God factor. Just because you were denied admission doesn't mean he has forgotten you. He hasn't. He probably planning the best school for you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by 2SWT(f): 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nice points

1 Like

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by nony43(m): 6:53am On Sep 22, 2016
A
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by CHANNELStv2020: 6:53am On Sep 22, 2016
BUHARI IS TURNING PRESIDENCY TO FAMILY BUSINESS LIKE IN SAUDI ARABIA,WHAT IS ALL HIS FAMILY DOING IN UN?

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by mikeetim(m): 6:53am On Sep 22, 2016
Good point
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by sucreblazing(m): 6:53am On Sep 22, 2016
i like street pass classroom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by vikkeee(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2016
Wey Kwa connect.....
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Judolisco(m): 6:58am On Sep 22, 2016
5.pick schools with less applicants no be every body go enter UI or unilag or unilorin

1 Like

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by abokibuhari: 6:58am On Sep 22, 2016
chai! took me 3 years to gain admission, no be say I dull oooo but today I they soft small small in my own little way...
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by hobermener: 6:59am On Sep 22, 2016
Nothing irritates me like no. 2. Wtf is catchment area Brilliant students who are supposed to be offered admission are being turned down in favour of mediocres who happen to hail from a particular zone where the school is situated Nigeria still has a long way to go

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Techpaded(f): 7:03am On Sep 22, 2016
Not only admission drama, but "Buhari" drama also. I wish i was in China.

See this man Bought Eight iPhone 7 For His Dog.

Mercy we need.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Alasi20(m): 7:05am On Sep 22, 2016
Hmmmmmmm
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by HtwoOw: 7:09am On Sep 22, 2016
Jamb's regular customer in the building someone give her some rounds of applause
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Phiniter(m): 7:11am On Sep 22, 2016
Techpaded:
This cannot happen in Iraq..

Not At all.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by azeecoboy(m): 7:16am On Sep 22, 2016
The mistake i made was that i dint write jamb the year i wrote waec,ah coulda been in 300level by now...
futminna release list.ah must enter school this year insha allah

3 Likes

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by NevetsIbot(m): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2016
Jamb... Tor
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by lekelistik: 7:30am On Sep 22, 2016
Don't put your eggs in our basket. Pursue admission into the two schools you picked for better chances not just one. If one fails it's not likely that the other would.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 22, 2016
cry cry angry God pls naa angry
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by RichieDaVinci01(m): 7:34am On Sep 22, 2016
No admission drama
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Christardor: 7:38am On Sep 22, 2016
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by danduj(m): 7:42am On Sep 22, 2016
5 Have an oga at the top

1 Like

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Raymondreigns(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2016
I av nt read d needle...lemme buy land first abbeg Brb
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by LordDecency(m): 7:58am On Sep 22, 2016
Op

Yhu Will Get There.....
Nice Piece....
If yhu aren't gotten admission yet, there's still hope....
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by BANGERLEE1(m): 7:59am On Sep 22, 2016
nice
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by jennyebi(f): 8:01am On Sep 22, 2016
very very true
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by LordDecency(m): 8:01am On Sep 22, 2016
azeecoboy:
The mistake i made was that i dint write jamb the year i wrote waec,ah coulda been in 300level by now...
futminna release list.ah must enter school this year insha allah

Just Forget It.... Nd Look Ahead....
Who Knows What Could Have Happen Within The Years?
Success to yhu..
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by azeecoboy(m): 8:08am On Sep 22, 2016
LordDecency:

Just Forget It.... Nd Look Ahead....
Who Knows What Could Have Happen Within The Years?
Success to yhu..
thanks so much bro...Behind every situation we think is a dissapointment,there is GOD's hidden agenda for us which is better off.
Good morning.

4 Likes

Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by LordDecency(m): 8:10am On Sep 22, 2016
azeecoboy:
thanks so much bro...Behind every situation we think is a dissapointment,there is GOD's hidden agenda for us which is better off.
Good morning.

Well Noted.... Pleasant Morninq Bro....
Do Have A Nice Day.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by seXytOhbAd(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2016
Do not let JAMB hold you back. Study the course of your choice today at very affordable costs in Europe. Ukraine and Cyprus are still accepting students. We will also help with visa application. For more info, call LikeMynds international Education 09050839087 or 08131076786. Visit us today at oasis international school,490, cadastral zone B, kado Estate, Abuja.
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Thukzee01(m): 8:32am On Sep 22, 2016
Noted
Re: How To Survive The No Admission Drama by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 22, 2016
listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

what we do in sch won't make us rich, it will only make us serve those who do not waste their time in school

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapping: Lagos Recruits Military-trained Guards For Schools / Unn Post Ume Result, Check Here. / 2016/2017 Nnamdi Azikiwe University UNIZIK Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.